X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS: 45.37: The Earth is Flat and the Babies Are Crying

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    So you don't think that a story that explores why people continue to support Trump despite things like the separation of families, the indictment of people from his campaign, etc..., is a worthwhile story to write? I suppose putting a human face to people that everyone here prefers to demonize kind of sucks, but I don't know that its a story that is not worth exploring.
    No. it's that they frame that story as being about a "typical, average, everyday American who just happened to vote for Trump in the last election"

And these people always turn out to be diehard Republican activists in the party, who were gonna vote republican anyway. So yeah, its fake news
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Proving once again it is virtually impossible to civilly argue about anything with the left. Too many make and take everything personally.

I think Bob had the right idea when he vacated the field.
      Hmmm...its hard to have a civilized discussion about the virtues of a concentration camp....unless one is a Nazi I suppose.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        They're white. 'Nuff said.
        And Russian. The first wave of Putin's force to take control of Amerikkka.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          When the White House admitted (bragged) they were doing this to create a deterrent, my thought was, why don't torture the captured children on live TV and beam it to Central American countries? Why would that not be acceptable to the kind of "man" who would support this policy?

Malevolent cowards have taken over our government, installed there by Russia and a raft of American malevolent cowards. A third of this country are shameful, fearful halfwits.
          And every time Brent extols his "centrist, both sides, neutrality" he gives them cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Hmmm...its hard to have a civilized discussion about the virtues of a concentration camp....unless one is a Nazi I suppose.
            DON'T CALL THEM CONCENTRATION CAMPS!!!!!!!

You uncivil bastage. Only The Right can make Holocaust analogies.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              And every time Brent extols his "centrist, both sides, neutrality" he gives them cover.
              They all have cover every day. It comes from winning elections and owning the Supreme Court of the United States for the last 50+ years.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?"

Facing resistance from both Republicans and Democrats as well as condemnation from citizens all over the United States, President Trump felt a need to be loved again, so he did what he always does when he needs love — he left his house and did a campaign rally. On Wednesday night, it was in Duluth, Minn., where a crowd turned out to cheer their man. Well, most of them cheered. Twice, Trump paused while security forces ejected protesters. “Get ’em outta here!” Trump roared. While the second one was being given the bum’s rush, Trump sneered, “Go home to your mommy, darling! Get him outta here. Out! Was that a man or a woman? Because he needs a haircut more than I do!” It was like a 1960s flashback, with law-and-order politicians like George Wallace yelling about long-haired hippies.
                This is next right?
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-25-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

There is no point in calling out posters here by name. That verges on the ad hominum and/or tu quoque logical fallacies, but also it is not our office to be the conscience of another man. Practically speaking, a personal attack would cause any of us to retreat into a defensive posture. A dialog has to be a cooperation, not a coercion.

I believe the people who voted for Dump the first time do have blood on their hands from this indirectly -- it was foreseeable given the rhetoric and the political calculations of the right. I believe anyone who votes for Dump or the GOP in the wake of this bears direct responsibility. Support is approval.

But I do not believe it is my place to accuse any given person of complicity. That's between them and their conscience. A man with a conscience will punish himself; a man without one is beyond help anyway.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Facing resistance from both Republicans and Democrats as well as condemnation from citizens all over the United States, President Trump felt a need to be loved again, so he did what he always does when he needs love — he left his house and did a campaign rally. On Wednesday night, it was in Duluth, Minn., where a crowd turned out to cheer their man. Well, most of them cheered. Twice, Trump paused while security forces ejected protesters. “Get ’em outta here!” Trump roared. While the second one was being given the bum’s rush, Trump sneered, “Go home to your mommy, darling! Get him outta here. Out! Was that a man or a woman? Because he needs a haircut more than I do!” It was like a 1960s flashback, with law-and-order politicians like George Wallace yelling about long-haired hippies.

This is next right?

I'm sure there's another side to this story though.
                    But just remember, incivility is the fault of the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

This is next right?

I'm sure there's another side to this story though.
                      There is. You need to interview the old white guy in the MAGA hat who will tell you MS13 lives in his town and has destroyed his life.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        But just remember, incivility is the fault of the left.
                        Of course. Political Correctness caused it. Only Trump can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          So you don't think that a story that explores why people continue to support Trump despite things like the separation of families, the indictment of people from his campaign, etc..., is a worthwhile story to write? I suppose putting a human face to people that everyone here prefers to demonize kind of sucks, but I don't know that its a story that is not worth exploring.
                          you don't waste time contemplating why every day Germans became willing participants in genocide while people are still dying in concentration camps. First you worry about stopping the Nazis. Then after they've been defeated you have you have plenty of time to study the why.

Comment

This is a really interesting social psych exercise, though. You can see the thinking that we used to postulate theoretically about rationalization actually going on in realtime:

1. Only a bad person would support an atrocity.
                            2. I am not a bad person.
                            3. I support this.
                            4. Therefore, it is not an atrocity.

I guarantee that was the thinking of the work-a-day Germans who supported the Nazis. People don't do evil to be evil; they do evil because they convince themselves that since they are not evil then nothing they do could be evil.

Then somebody starts showing footage of the camps. That makes them uncomfortable, it jabs their conscience and sets up cognitive dissonance because they've convinced themselves of something and they are seeing direct empirical evidence that they are wrong. Therefore, that footage has to be derided: as unrepresentative, as a cheap polemical trick, as a fabrication, as unhelpfully divisive.

All the tools of denial and self-justification are deployed to guard them from having to make a re-evaluation: either they were mistaken in their support of the policy, or they were not and they actually are evil. The first is an attack on their vanity; the second on their very essence as good people. It is ironic that people fight just as hard to excuse themselves from the first, which you would hope they would simply acknowledge and move on, as the second.

If we could just realize how full of sh-t everyone is, including, especially, ourselves, there would be a lot less evil in the world.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 06-25-2018, 11:10 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

City pages, as bad as they are, has an interesting interview with the man bun guy. He has a very interesting question for trump- how do you know Jeffrey Epstein so well??

They also link to a great pic with all of the “civil” trump trash behind him

Edit- I’d totally forgotten dump is a potential witness at the upcoming Epstein trial
                              Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 06-25-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...12766487728133

Mar-A-Lago health violations: 15
                                Red Hen health violations: 0

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X