X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.37: The Earth is Flat and the Babies Are Crying

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Term limits would take a constitutional amendment.
    Ah gotcha, yeah that probably won't happen any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Seriously? You're fine with a minority of the US dictating the direction of the country for 12 going on 16 years since 2000?
      I am. Everyone knows how the game is played. Everyone is aware of the rules. Everyone is given the same paint-by-number book.

It's designed so that New York County, Kings County, Bronx County, Richmond County, Queens County, Westchester County in New York, Los Angeles County in California, and Cook County in Illinois don't drive the entire nation.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I am. Everyone knows how the game is played. Everyone is aware of the rules. Everyone is given the same paint-by-number book.

It's designed so that New York County, Kings County, Bronx County, Richmond County, Queens County, Westchester County in New York, Los Angeles County in California, and Cook County in Illinois don't drive the entire nation.
        Theoretically they still could under the system we have in place, at least if they were awarded a proportionate amount of electoral votes.

We need a more democratic system, I think everyone left of Trump should be on board with that. I find it funny that republicans make all these cynical moves to consolidate power, even going as far as to accept foreign influence, and liberals keep going, "we should just play by the rules guys!".
        Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-09-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

That doesn't make much sense. The system was designed at a time when the population was much less concentrated in cities than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            That doesn't make much sense. The system was designed at a time when the population was much less concentrated in cities than it is now.
            Back when the system was written, the various States were worried about the power concentrated in Virginia because it was massive in both size and population. Same general concept applies today, but has morphed more into an urban vs. rural issue.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              True, for today's era. And I'm also aware that the three-fifths compromise set the state representation in the US congress; and since the electoral votes are based on the states representation, this negated the large population centers (of New York and Philadelphia).

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                If the dems win in 2020 expanding the supreme court to more than 9 should be a priority. That or term limits.
                If FDR couldn't manage that in the mid 30's the Dems have literally no chance of that in my lifetime.

Edit: House in '36 was 334-88 and the Senate was 74-17
                Last edited by bronconick; 07-09-2018, 02:58 PM.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  If FDR couldn't manage that in the mid 30's the Dems have literally no chance of that in my lifetime.
                  Well, you technically don't require more than 51 votes in the Senate now. If it's been changed for The Supreme Court, it can be changed for anything.

So, you need The House, the Senate, and the Presidency. First shot at that is 2020. We'll see. Course, anything they do can be undone if the Trolls get back in power.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hey, we've given 2 toddlers back already! But there are 3 that we don't know anything about, other than they seem to exist based on their physical presence.

Justice Department attorney Sarah Fabien said that while only two children out of the 102 the government has identified have been reunited so far, she believes another 54 can be returned to their parents by Tuesday’s deadline. As for the rest, she claimed, three were brought to the U.S. by someone who is not their biological parent, three have parents with serious criminal records that bar reunification, five have parents with something on their record that requires further investigation, 12 have parents either in local or federal criminal detention who must serve time before being transferred to ICE, 18 have parents who were lost by the administration after their deportation or release into the U.S., and four have been approved for release to a non-parent sponsor.

As for the last of the 102, Fabian said, “We’re still trying to track down what information we have about that parent. To my knowledge we do not have any information.”

Comment

H-2-0?
                      H 2.0?
                      H'20?

And would this character endorse?
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-09-2018, 04:55 PM.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Electoral College is fine...it isnt why the Dems arent in control. They didnt vote in 3 states and that is why they lost.

This meme that the Left clings to that they have "the majority" is rather weak. They wouldnt be talking about this if the roles were reversed and they only won the popular vote because of California and NY.

If you want to talk about proportional EC votes instead of winner take all I can hear that argument, but scrapping it is an awful idea.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          If you want to talk about proportional EC votes instead of winner take all I can hear that argument, but scrapping it is an awful idea.
                          We do agree on some things.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

They didnt vote in 3 states and that is why they lost..
                            Who. Shows. Up.

< ducks >
                            < runs for door >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              H-2-0?
                              H 2.0?
                              H'20?
                              If she does throw her hat in the ring, I'd like to congratulate Trump now on his re-election in 2020.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I like that idea too, but as a native Daken, it was always exciting to see which candidate would get the whole boatload.

Comment

Working...
                                X