X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.37: The Earth is Flat and the Babies Are Crying

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    If you can't see the difference, and you think the both sides are equally bad, the end result is that you will just be on the side lines and *****ing up a storm without any ways to solve the problem. Which is exactly what you do. ***** and moan about political issues, but proudly proclaim that both sides are equally bad, therefore you don't vote. That's pretty sad.
    The "both sides are bad" numbnuts sitting on the sidelines are the reason why we have Trump. Thanks Brent.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      There is no difference. I hate Donald Trump so I am the problem. Got it? I sure do.
      With your constant mewling, yes, we all get it.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        The "both sides are bad" numbnuts sitting on the sidelines are the reason why we have Trump. Thanks Brent.
        Its really hard to understand why some people just can’t get excited about either party right now.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          With your constant mewling, yes, we all get it.
          Good. Think I'll follow another poster. Have fun everyone.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            Brent is in MN. MN went to Hillary. Thank him all you like, he can't be the reason we're in this mess today.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Brent is in MN. MN went to Hillary. Thank him all you like, he can't be the reason we're in this mess today.
              I live in WI and voted for Hillary, and I could probably have done more. No, could certainly have done more. And it did matter.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                So I guess we're ok then for hating Trumpy and his administration for throwing kids into concentration camps?
                You're a big boy. I'm not here to tell you what emotions you can or cannot have.

Let's take a white supremacist, for instance. Someone asked the question whether it's ok to hate a white supremacist.

When I see a white supremacist, I don't hate them. I'm not going to waste my emotions, or cause myself to act in response to hatred I might then build up in my own mind.

What I see when I see a white supremacist is someone who, for reasons unknown to me, hates another person because of the color of their skin. Now, if they had just kept that hatred confined to their own minds, I might never have known about it, or that they are a white supremacist.

But that's what hatred does. It makes a person act irrationally, like going out and lighting crosses, marching in parades, attacking minorities physically, saying hurtful things, etc... That's why hatred is especially bad, because it makes people act in evil and non-positive ways.

So I'm not going to allow myself to "hate" a white supremacist, because that hatred might cause me to act in a way that I'll later wish I hadn't, or in a way that will affect my life adversely. For example, and in the extreme, maybe it causes me to go out and shoot a white supremacist.

So again, we're all free to think as we choose. But if someone were looking for advice from me, my suggestion would be to resist the urge to "hate" and instead channel those emotions into having a positive impact on the world.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Its really hard to understand why some people just can’t get excited about either party right now.
                  If you don't like what your party is doing, as you claim every time you post ion here, it's hard to fathom why you aren't excited to do everything you have to do to get them out of office.

But you just sit back here, like Hovey and Brent, above it all, but too disinterested to actually do anything about anything. But you just know that your position is superior.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    You're a big boy. I'm not here to tell you what emotions you can or cannot have.
                    But you were just here, lecturing us that we shouldn't hate unless someone actually does something hateful toward us.

If that's not telling us what to do...…………………………….
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I can picture Brent, Drew, and Hovey sitting in a café in Berlin in the 30's saying "yeah, really don't like those Nazi concentration camps but Hitler and crew sure do make the trains run on time. Besides, the opposition is just full of too much rage over all that Final Solution mumbo jumbo".
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

there are millions of Brents

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          That says more about you than anyone else.

Comment

I wonder what Mike Godwin thinks of the internet and Twitter today?
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Knowing you, that was intended to read "Its not really hard . . . ," right?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I wonder what Mike Godwin thinks of the internet and Twitter today?
                                He's said it's ok to call Nazis, "Nazis."

Mike Godwin (@sfmnemonic) Tweeted:
                                By all means, compare these ****heads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you. https://***********/sfmnemonic/status/896884949634232320?s=17
                                Last edited by unofan; 06-28-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X