This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.37: The Earth is Flat and the Babies Are Crying

Why are people SO fixated on collusion? To the point that they think that the work Muller is doing is ONLY about that???

I don't get it.

Why are so many people no interested in learning the extend that russia tried to interfere with our election?

Are they so dense that they don't see that the exact same thing can happen to ANYONE else, including the current President???

I don't understand the contempt they have for our election system, and how other countries are trying to influence that. What's the end goal if you are ok with other countries trying to influence things???

On the same line, this whole obsession with collusion makes me even more think that it happened, otherwise, nobody would be making a big deal out of it. If people are HONESTLY not guilty, what are you so afraid of? Especially when the source of the investigation is mostly from your own party? R's have the power. If they find nothing wrong, why would they stick their heads out to have them cut off if they are actually making stuff up?

Still, the lack of worry that a foreign power has attempted to influence our elections makes me sick- and they pretend to be patriotic Americans.

Comment

Because people let the Right frame the issue. It was never about Collusion that was just the crap Trump and his mouth pieces put out there so people would ignore everything else. Almost no one talked about collusion until he did.

If the emails are legit about trading info that is pretty awful.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Because people let the Right frame the issue. It was never about Collusion that was just the crap Trump and his mouth pieces put out there so people would ignore everything else. Almost no one talked about collusion until he did.

If the emails are legit about trading info that is pretty awful.
        But why are those people on the right so OK with the higher question of foreign influence? Why do they want to ignore that so much? Why don't the see the rather obvious issue that this can come and make them lose elections, just as directly? They don't see that their compromising e-mails can just as easily be exposed?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          But why are those people on the right so OK with the higher question of foreign influence? Why do they want to ignore that so much? Why don't the see the rather obvious issue that this can come and make them lose elections, just as directly? They don't see that their compromising e-mails can just as easily be exposed?
          Don’t we do the same stuff to other countries? I guess I don’t really understand the shock that a other country wants to influence things here.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Don’t we do the same stuff to other countries? I guess I don’t really understand the shock that a other country wants to influence things here.
            Why does that make it ok, and that we should overlook it?

It's not ok for us to do that, but it's equally not ok when someone does it to us.

Comment

I guess I don’t really understand the shock that a other country wants to influence things here.
              So you would look the other way when it happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Why does that make it ok, and that we should overlook it?

It's not ok for us to do that, but it's equally not ok when someone does it to us.
                I don’t think it’s okay, but I’m not shocked by it. It’s part of the world we live in.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I don’t think it’s okay, but I’m not shocked by it. It’s part of the world we live in.
                  But we should somehow not pay attention to it, and stop the investigation? I don't know what you mean by saying that you are not shocked by it and that it's a part of the world we live in.

In theory, we are a country of laws, and it's not legal for other countries to try to influence the election- by either direct support of a candidate, or subversive attacks on other candidates, or even one candidate colluding with another country. Should we not try to prevent all of those?

Comment

The question is not whether you or anyone else is "shocked" by it; rather, what are you going to do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      The ends justify the means. They've stacked the Court and we're all ****ed now for the next 50 years cause people were too ****ing dumb to see what was going on.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        The ends justify the means. They've stacked the Court and we're all ****ed now for the next 50 years cause people were too ****ing dumb to see what was going on.
                        What, exactly, is the endgame? As I see it, with all of the attacks on the pillars of a democracy- elections, law enforcement, media, etc- I don't understand what the actual endgame is. Unless it's to end the experiment laid out in the Constitution.

Comment

What, exactly, is the endgame? As I see it, with all of the attacks on the pillars of a democracy- elections, law enforcement, media, etc- I don't understand what the actual endgame is. Unless it's to end the experiment laid out in the Constitution.
                          End Roe vs. Wade and start jailing doctors and patients. They've wanted that for a very long time. One more vote on the Court also locks up their recent union decision, keeping brown people out of the country, and it's solidified Citizens United.

In other words a plutocratic utopia.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Drew isn't wrong but Alfa is right, that doesn't mean we should just stop investigating it and pretend nothing happened like Republicans are.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              End Roe vs. Wade and start jailing doctors and patients. They've wanted that for a very long time. One more vote on the Court also locks up their recent union decision, keeping brown people out of the country, and it's solidified Citizens United.

In other words a plutocratic utopia.
                              They are going a lot farther than simple R v W. Many conservative states are also actively reducing funding to the schools- my home state of Michigan and my former home of Idaho are some of the leaders in taking funding away from schools. What do you gain by that?

What is the end game of attacking media? Other than take away trust in both government AND media at the same time.

The use of racists also isn't an actual end game- they are being used just like everything else.

And the way that they are convincing people they need to give to the rich while actively taking from the poor.

No, this is a different end game that I still don't get. It's as if you are a dictator of a very poor country, as if that actually means anything. Vs. being a President of a very rich country.

Comment

They are going a lot farther than simple R v W. Many conservative states are also actively reducing funding to the schools- my home state of Michigan and my former home of Idaho are some of the leaders in taking funding away from schools. What do you gain by that?

What is the end game of attacking media? Other than take away trust in both government AND media at the same time.

The use of racists also isn't an actual end game- they are being used just like everything else.

And the way that they are convincing people they need to give to the rich while actively taking from the poor.

No, this is a different end game that I still don't get. It's as if you are a dictator of a very poor country, as if that actually means anything. Vs. being a President of a very rich country.
                                It's all about the plutocratic utopia. Just look at the sploog that was sprayed yesterday at the groundbreaking for Foxcomm by Trump and Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                                X