Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 USA Hockey Development Camps

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Lonergan is a very impressive player and Dunne’s goal was a zinger.
    Agree, I thought Lonergan really stood out in last night's game. Unfortunately I missed tonight's contest.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Agree, I thought Lonergan really stood out in last night's game.
      It's probably just a coincidence but the skating jesus hasn't been very energetic in this series...

But there is one game left Sunday to see if she can light the lamp for TC.
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-18-2018, 12:26 AM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        It's probably just a coincidence but the skating jesus hasn't been very energetic in this series...

But there is one game left Sunday to see if she can light the lamp for TC.
        What coach, in their right mind, would have a player that can score sitting on the bench? They score 2 goals in 2 games. It's moronic. Not even a chance to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
          What coach, in their right mind, would have a player that can score sitting on the bench? They score 2 goals in 2 games. It's moronic. Not even a chance to play.
          She has been a no show in all games and did not have a good camp. Maybe she is injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
            As far as you know, she's doesn't have injury issues like Puckdrop14 asked, right?

Comment

She had a nice assist in game 1, so def not a no show. I’d like to see her and Maltais on the same line a bit, I know both are listed as left wingers but surely one can play the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                She had a nice assist in game 1, so def not a no show. I’d like to see her and Maltais on the same line a bit, I know both are listed as left wingers but surely one can play the right side.
                Correct...She did a nice job of taking the puck away from the US defenseman and feeding the puck to Shirley on that scoring play. Other than that though...

BTW, if I'm remembering correctly I think she was on a line with Potomak (Minn) and Schneider (Colgate) in the black vs gold scrimmage during camp.

Comment

USA summaries of both final games here: https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/942885

Note: The past two years there were some complaints voiced on this forum that too many Minnesota girls were selected (roughly half or more) to the U18 team(s), despite each of those teams going on to win their series against Canada, rather handily as I recall. This year there were only four Minnesota girls selected, and they ended up losing their series 1-2. Probably a coincidence, but perhaps not?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    Maybe not fair to say she was a no show but she was not a factor. However a player of that caliber has to play a lot to be effective and her shifts were few and far between. I thought Canada outplayed the USA today however Rooney was the difference. The Canadian goalie played well but was not tested like Rooney was.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      Maybe not fair to say she was a no show but she was not a factor. However a player of that caliber has to play a lot to be effective and her shifts were few and far between. .
                      I agree with this. Wish we could have seen her more as I enjoy watching her, and also you wonder what a regular shift would have meant. At least NCAA season isn’t too far off. I enjoyed watching this series, pretty good hockey on both sides, especially considering it’s August.

One thing that stood out to me was the offense created by the US defenders. The group came up with six points; Canada’s defenders were held off the score sheet.

Comment

Working...
                      X