2018-19 Division III Games, Updates, News Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 Division III Games, Updates, News Thread

We won't have to wait long for a 2018 National Championship rematch....

Norwich and Elmira will open the season against each other on Oct. 27 in Elmira. What a start to the season.

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...18-19/schedule
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: 2018-19 Division III Games, Updates, News Thread

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Norwich and Elmira will open the season against each other on Oct. 27 in Elmira. What a start to the season.

As usual, a very strong OOC schedule for Norwich, all of the OOC opponents were ranked at some point last season, except Trinity (I don't think they were ranked...).

Is Norwich forgoing a second exhibition in 18-19 or was that provision just a trial for 17-18?
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 06-20-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Odd scheduling with the last six games away from Krietzberg, and all but one of those being league games.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Plattsburgh's schedule is out.

http://gocardinalsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=171

OOC against Norwich (possibility for a 2nd at the East/West), Middlebury (possibility for a 2nd at the Cardinal/Panther Classic), Adrian twice, Amherst, SUNY Morrisville and Trinity. They could also end up facing Elmira once or twice in the regular season at either the Cardinal/Panther and/or the East/West Classics.

Exhibitions are against SUNY Canton and the Ottawa Lady 67's Intermediate AA.

Will be an interesting year with Moriarty and Millen as the top returning scorers with a young offensive core around them.

Comment

I selfishly wanted to see her playing for the Riveters this fall because I think she could skate with anyone, but I'm so happy to see her joining the coaching ranks.

Saint Anselm hires Plattsburgh standout Kayla Meneghin as an assistant coach.

Comment

Here's all of the published schedules I can find so far.

CHC
            Nichols
            Salve Regina
            SUNY Canton
            SUNY Morrisville
            University of New England

Independent
            Anna Maria

MIAC
            Augsburg
            Bethel
            Concordia (MN)
            Hamline
            St. Mary's
            St. Thomas

NCHA
            Concordia (WI)
            Lake Forest
            Marian
            St. Norbert
            St. Scholastica
            Trine

NEHC
            Norwich
            UMass Boston

NEWHL
            SUNY Buffalo State
            SUNY Oswego
            SUNY Plattsburgh
            SUNY Potsdam

UCHC
            Stevenson

WIAC
            UW-Eau Claire
            UW-River Falls
            UW-Superior
            Last edited by Scott_TG; 06-23-2018, 10:38 AM. Reason: Formatting

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Makes finding these a lot easier. Will you do periodic updates?

Comment

Technically they aren't DIII but as an NEHC dad we saw them regularly and they still play quite a few games against DIII schools:

Franklin Pierce: http://athletics.franklinpierce.edu/...18-19/schedule
                St. Anselm: https://www.saintanselmhawks.com/spo...18-19/schedule
                Saint Michael's: http://www.smcathletics.com/sports/w...18-19/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                  Technically they aren't DIII but as an NEHC dad we saw them regularly and they still play quite a few games against DIII schools:

Franklin Pierce: http://athletics.franklinpierce.edu/...18-19/schedule
                  St. Anselm: https://www.saintanselmhawks.com/spo...18-19/schedule
                  Saint Michael's: http://www.smcathletics.com/sports/w...18-19/schedule
                  Surprised Morrisville and Hamline are playing regular season games that won't be factored in to their rankings. Did the NCAA change it where games against D2 games count now? If not, maybe these commitments to play the D2 schools were made when they weren't tournament contenders...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    Surprised Morrisville and Hamline are playing regular season games that won't be factored in to their rankings. Did the NCAA change it where games against D2 games count now? If not, maybe these commitments to play the D2 schools were made when they weren't tournament contenders...
                    Haven't heard of any changes with respect to D2 games. in both cases Morrisville and Hamline only show 25 games on their sched so it's not even an exhibition game.....

On an unrelated note, hearing Castleton might be close on naming a new coach, had over 20 applicants.

Comment

Lake Forest visiting Colby and Bowdoin in late December. Nice effort! I’ll keep an eye on those games.

Comment

.....hearing Castleton might be close on naming a new coach, had over 20 applicants.
                        I pity the poor unfortunate soul that takes that job. You could be blind and still see the pattern here to easily figure out that it's not a good position. Only 20 applicants doesn't seem like very many for a head coaching job. That's another indication that it's not a good situation. Good enough for a first time head coach I guess. Put in a year or two and then move on as soon as you can.
                        Last edited by shelfit; 06-25-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                          Games against Division I and II teams DO NOT count in the primary criteria for NCAA D3 tournament consideration. This will not be changing anytime soon.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            I pity the poor unfortunate soul that takes that job. You could be blind and still see the pattern here to easily figure out that it's not a good position. Only 20 applicants doesn't seem like very many for a head coaching job. That's another indication that it's not a good situation. Good enough for a first time head coach I guess. Put in a year or two and then move on as soon as you can.
                            I pity the fact that you can’t look beyond the written page and see a whole bunch of bad luck happening. Still a lot of potential for this school. Not a bad situation just some bad luck.

Comment

I pity the fact that you can’t look beyond the written page and see a whole bunch of bad luck happening. Still a lot of potential for this school. Not a bad situation just some bad luck.
                              Lol, you're so cute with how naive you are! Very refreshing! The problem begins and ends at the top of the department.
                              Last edited by shelfit; 06-25-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X