Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2018-19 Division III Games, Updates, News Thread

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Genbeau View Post
    Were u able to make it to the game, J? I was a bit surprised NU only won 5-nil against ACHA div. II Bishop.
    Bishops University is from Quebec and a CIS University varsity team.

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Same type of moronic statement that Bill Mandigo used when he would tell recruits that his team could beat a lot of D1 teams. Just plain stupidity but not a surprise considering the source. Let me add this qualifier to things: No decent U14 team could beat a "fully / properly rostered D3 team." I consider 20-21 players with 2-3 goalies to fill that definition. Fewer than that is short for any college roster.
    Are you saying specifically women's teams or DIII beating DI in mens as well?

Re: 2018-19 Division III Games, Updates, News Thread

Same type of moronic statement that Bill Mandigo used when he would tell recruits that his team could beat a lot of D1 teams. Just plain stupidity but not a surprise considering the source. Let me add this qualifier to things: No decent U14 team could beat a "fully / properly rostered D3 team." I consider 20-21 players with 2-3 goalies to fill that definition. Fewer than that is short for any college roster.
    I just took a Midget AA (tier 1 U17) team to the U.S. 2 weeks ago to play against Castelton and Plymouth. Mid pack team, we've been playing / practicing since early August, the D3 teams had barely 2 weeks with coaches. Lost 3-1 to Castleton, tied Plymouth 1-1. Not going to sit here and say a D3 team would beat a D1 team, not a chance - except for maybe the Norwich/Elmira's of the world playing a bottom end school, but to say a U14 team beats an established D3 team is ridiculous.

And yes, I did say established, since I referred to Castleton, Plymouth and UMB in my original post.
    Last edited by GTOWN; 10-30-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MND3Dad View Post
    USCHO has the MIAC wrong.

Hamline will indeed be the dominant team. While they lose Bobrowski and Dodds, they return WAY more scoring power, they have the best recruiting class and I expect their goaltending to be better. If Hamline doesn't come out of the West this year, it'd be a major fail by Darwitz.
    Gustavus is going to be really young. They do have a couple good recruits, but they lost a ton. Defensively they'll be superior, but I don't think they'll be anywhere as good as they have been.
    St. Thomas might indeed be better this year but they will also be thinner.
    I expect Augsburg to jump up. They should field three competitive lines and the team is experienced.

I'd venture:

Hamline (by a mile)
    Augsburg
    St. Thomas
    Concordia
    Bethel
    Gustavus
    St. Olaf
    St. Kates
    St. Mary's
    St. Ben's
    It should be noted that Hamline scored a lot of goals last season and had a great NCAA run, but finished 3rd in conference last season. Would have like to have seen how the conference tournament played out with Hamline as the 3 seed.

Hockey Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    Truth is you can throw a blanket over Plymouth, Castleton and UMB. I prefer to think Castleton comes out on top of that! :-)
    "Better to be thought the fool; than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    "Keep your head up, and your stick on the ice."

Hockey Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    exactly...because the view under that blanket is.... disgusting. Decent U14 teams would beat these "programs"....and beat them badly.
    Another......."Better to be thought the fool; than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    "Keep your head up, and your stick on the ice."

Ummm, duuuh doofus....that's exactly my point!!

There are all these new D3 lameasss teams being created in the past 2-4 years that simply have not put in the time and effort to establish a real college program [see, e.g. Daniel Webster, et al]. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I guarantee you that good U14 T1 programs would destroy a 'college program' if that's the level that is now out there. sad but true.

Again...reading comprehension is clearly a problem on here....I never said "established" D3 programs. Dipstick, I'm talking about all these pop-up teams the last few years, many of which can barely field a full roster. Trust me, a top u14 team would beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    Again...reading comprehension is clearly a problem on here....I never said "established" D3 programs. Dipstick, I'm talking about all these pop-up teams the last few years, many of which can barely field a full roster. Trust me, a top u14 team would beat them.
    I won't speak for others, but I never used the word established, SFB. I said a regular college roster of at least 20-21 playears because that's how many can dress for games. A top U14 team would NOT be able to beat a brand new team like say for example, Nazareth. You have been cross-checked to the head way too many times and you're not even a hockey player so people are cross-checking you in the head just because you're you!

2-2 end of 2 Norwich at Plymouth State?

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    2-2 end of 2 Norwich at Plymouth State?
    Plymouth has given Norwich fits for the last 3-4 years now.

Thread Information