• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    27% of Americans..
    Yet tD won

This mobilizes his base.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Pay attention to rover and Kepler and Scooby.

D don’t vote
      Keep saying that. That way we can keep doing these deplorable things.

Go for it.

Curious that you seem to find humor in this situation.

Comment

D don’t vote
        Yet tD won

This mobilizes his base.
        Democrats like to stay home to prove a point. The point? They hate chunking progress, they want it all at once. And if they don't LOVE their candidate they say **** it and stay home.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          that's it? Really? There have been plenty of news outlets other than CNN and Faux talking about this, pictures, recordings, etc. And quite a few Congressmen have visited, as well. Even your Susan Collins says this is a bad thing.

And you don't know enough to even have an opinion? You can't tell if people are being mistreated?

wow. Denial city.
          Should they build a four seasons for them? What were the facilities like when Bush, Obama, etc were president? How long are the kids staying there? Is it a good policy or not? There are tons of other questions which need to be answered for me to have an opinion.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Keep saying that. That way we can keep doing these deplorable things.

Go for it.

Curious that you seem to find humor in this situation.
            Mookie moved. Pulled his fam out.

Don’t want the white mod showing up at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              Why isn't everyone calling these "Trump Tents"? We know how much the Donald likes his names on things, and how well received illiteration is.
              Bingo. Short, simple, sound-bite worthy statements. Trump Tents; Trump Kennel; Trump Towns.

The GOP have long made a practice out of doing the same: Obamacare.

Let's stop these Trump Towns.

Also:
              Definition of concentration camp
              : a camp where persons (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, or refugees) are detained or confined
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I don’t really know enough about immigration to have any sort of comment. The last thing I want to see is anyone mistreated, but it’s hard to know if that is going on right now or not. I’m certainly not going to believe something just because CNN, Foxnews, etc report it as fact.
                The entire world press is reporting on it, Drew. Fox says "nothing to see here, move along." All other coverage is about how the United States is committing an atrocity. We're going to have to veto a UN sanction on human rights violations.

We are now on par with the Soviets.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Bingo. Short, simple, sound-bite worthy statements. Trump Tents; Trump Kennel; Trump Towns.

The GOP have long made a practice out of doing the same: Obamacare.

Let's stop these Trump Towns.

Also:
                  Definition of concentration camp
                  : a camp where persons (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, or refugees) are detained or confined
                  Wondered this the other day.

MSNBC
                  Late night

Seems so,easy

Comment

D don’t vote
                    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Should they build a four seasons for them? What were the facilities like when Bush, Obama, etc were president? How long are the kids staying there? Is it a good policy or not? There are tons of other questions which need to be answered for me to have an opinion.
                    No. The facilities sucked. Is what a good policy?

I don't understand you or anyone like you. The change in policy is very easy to see, it's been in the news.

1. It is a misdemeanor to cross the border illegally the first time.
                    2. That misdemeanor was handled as a civil matter before.
                    3. Sessions changed the policy and is now treating them as criminals if they cross illegally. Since it's criminal they are detained.
                    4. In addition to 3 they decided to separate the kids from their parents (also not happening before).
                    5. Also, they are maintaining that it is LEGAL to cross at the points of entry and declare they are seeking asylum.
                    6. All the extra money we have on border security has gone to keeping people out and NOT processing people at the ports of entry. Turning people seeking asylum away at the border with nowhere to stay after a long and perilous journey is also cruel.

What we should be doing is spending more money on getting people processed and on the State Department to work with these ****ed up countries that are sending us their people.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      3. Sessions changed the policy and is now treating them as criminals if they cross illegally.
                      He's actually not, because they are not entitled to a lawyer.

We're doing this to people who are not accused of any crime. They are accused of a process violation. This is deliberate so they don't have any rights or representation. It's an end run around Constitutional protections because those would be too expensive and the government might lose cases.

If you are going to treat these people as criminals then they should get full Miranda rights.

This is just extra-legal torment -- done intentionally to "send a message." The administration has even said it's a deterrent.

By their logic they should just rape the children with trained dogs live on Fox. That would "send a message" and, hey, sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war, right Dumpies?

The people who approve of this or turn away and squeeze their eyes shut or play semantic equivocation games make me sick.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 06-19-2018, 09:11 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ah, all the money went to Halliburton shareholders

Not sure anything was built (obviously)

Comment

D don’t vote
                          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          He's actually not, because they are not entitled to a lawyer.

We're doing this to people who are not accused of any crime. They are accused of a process violation. This is deliberate so they don't have any rights or representation. It's an end run around Constitutional protections because those would be too expensive and the government might lose cases.

If you are going to treat these people as criminals then they should get full Miranda rights.

This is just extra-legal torment -- done intentionally to "send a message." The administration has even said it's a deterrent.

By their logic they should just rape the children with trained dogs live on Fox. That would "send a message" and, hey, sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war, right Dumpies?

The people who approve of this or who turn away and squeeze their eyes shut make me sick.
                          Correct. Sorry. He found a hole and he rammed his fist into it. Neither civil, nor criminal. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            No. The facilities sucked. Is what a good policy?

I don't understand you or anyone like you. The change in policy is very easy to see, it's been in the news.

1. It is a misdemeanor to cross the border illegally the first time.
                            2. That misdemeanor was handled as a civil matter before.
                            3. Sessions changed the policy and is now treating them as criminals if they cross illegally. Since it's criminal they are detained.
                            4. In addition to 3 they decided to separate the kids from their parents (also not happening before).
                            5. Also, they are maintaining that it is LEGAL to cross at the points of entry and declare they are seeking asylum.
                            6. All the extra money we have on border security has gone to keeping people out and NOT processing people at the ports of entry. Turning people seeking asylum away at the border with nowhere to stay after a long and perilous journey is also cruel.

What we should be doing is spending more money on getting people processed and on the State Department to work with these ****ed up countries that are sending us their people.
                            This is a truly great post and much appreciated. Much like with the debt/deficits at some point Congress is going to have to make some tough decisions on immigration.

I sat down to have dinner last night at 9:00 and watched Hannity where the red so. Weren’t playing and there was no other sports on. It really was amazing how the content of his show is so much different than what is in the mainstream media. The whole hour was basically on some FBI report that showed how corrupt they are and how they are out to get Trump.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Truth.

Lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                The entire world press is reporting on it, Drew. Fox says "nothing to see here, move along." All other coverage is about how the United States is committing an atrocity. We're going to have to veto a UN sanction on human rights violations.

We are now on par with the Soviets.
                                I think you know where I stand on immigration. The door should be open to anyone (and their kids) who want to come and live here. I'm not in favor of stopping these people at the border or sending them home, let alone incarcerating them even if it's for a short period of time before they are sent back.

But unfortunately our country disagrees with me on this open door policy, which means when we capture people coming across the border, what do we do with them? I assume there is a process that has to be followed to make sure they aren't citizens, to make sure they don't have a legitimate claim for asylum, to make sure they aren't wanted by the US government for something, etc... This necessarily requires incarceration, if only until that process can be carried out.

So that gets us to the situation with the kids. It seems to me the government has a choice. They can incarcerate the kids with their parents, and the rest of the adults. From a "crying kid being separated from his mom" perspective that seems to be the least heart wrenching. But I also assume there are risks associated with incarcerating children with a bunch of adults, even if their parent happens to be one of them.

So, the second alternative is to separate the kids, for their own safety, from all of the adults. But now what do you do with them? Are there thousands of foster parents on the border ready to take on these kids until the immigration process is sorted out and they're ready to be sent home? Doubtful. Do we let them just roam around? Yeah, putting them in large rooms penned in by chain link fences sucks, but at this point I'm not sure of the alternative.

Ideally there would be enough separate secure holding cells for each family to be kept in, but I assume that's also not practical or available. On the other hand, ideally we wouldn't be stopping these people at all, but I can't seem to get anyone to agree with me on that topic.

I'll be honest. I'm a little tired of all of the posters in this thread whining about this subject when they still support the notion that there are some undesirables that need to be kept out of the country, depending upon how their own personal moral code defines "undesirable" but then someone else comes along with a different definition and families get hurt.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X