This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

We saw what happened to Ray Rice’s girlfriend. We didn’t need to see the video of him throwing a haymaker, knocking her out, and dragging her out of the elevator. We knew what happened. And we responded appropriately before the video came out. Yessiree.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Incorrect. I said both sides need to be heard/reported on. I have maintained that. One might think that one side is ridiculous, but it still needs to be reported on.
      We have known your "other side" for a long time.

That's always been out there. But the overwhelming opinion of it being a cruel side is what you see.

Here's an honest question- do you NEED to hear an argument FOR slavery? There is another side to that whole argument after all. Is that something we should report and validate?

Since there was the holocaust, do we NEED to hear the side that thought killing all Jews was a good idea?

No, you don't need to hear reasons for morally horrible ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        They ARE reporting it. Both sides. This is my point. You're surprisingly missing it (for real, I'm astounded you're missing it). According to some here, Trump's reason is so ridiculous (and I agree it's ridiculous), it doesn't need reporting. Yes, it does. One must report why he is doing what he is doing. Why he thinks this is a reasonable action (which it isn't, according to the vast majority of us).
        Dude, I think every one has heard the "reasons" why dumpy and co justify the policy. Which make people a WHOLE lot more angry.

When they try to bring out their other justifications, it makes people even more angry.

Why are you not seeing the other side reporting? You call us who are upset blind, and you are missing your entire argument right in front of your face.

Still, that does not mean a morally repugnant side even deserves to be heard. Unless you think that the economy of slavery is a reason that should be listened to... Or that racial purity excuses are somehow a reason to listen to, and try to reason with.

We are not talking long term healthcare policy here, we are talking basic human rights, and cruelty to people.

Comment

https://www.fark.com/goto/10069852/w...-with-an-eight

But this is just too much, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            One last appeal to your senses: The footage of children crying is a direct response to the right claiming these separations are no big deal. If the right stepped up from the beginning and said this is a terrible thing it wouldn't need to be countered with such reporting right?

Good night.
            So much this. Simply describing the situation doesn't cut it in the era of FAKE NEWS.

Back in the 70s, if Walter Cronkite said something happened, 99% of people would accept it at face value. "The most trusted man in America" wasn't just a marketing slogan - it was the truth. The news media themselves put some chinks in that integrity over the years, but Trump and his ilk have blasted holes in it with nuclear weapons. When people won't accept a description of the facts as factual, then the media absolutely must show the facts, not just describe them, so the people have no excuse - they've seen it for themselves firsthand. In the 70s, maybe that audio could have been described as gratuitous, but not anymore, and the blame for that is squarely on Trump and his ideologue supporters who use every trick in the book to avoid accepting the facts.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                THAT is the gratuitousness. If you think the kids are just hunky dory...that's a whole 'nother issue. They are NOT running around playing tag or watching Dora or whatever. OF COURSE THEY ARE IN TURMOIL. IT'S A GIVEN. IT'S OBVIOUS. No need to hear nor show that. No reason.
                So they shouldn’t have shown pictures of concentration camps, and the whole Holocost museum is gratuitous because IT’S OBVIOUS it was bad. No need to see for yourself.

the average Trump voter will not believe what is reported, especially if it is without the ability for them to see/hear it themselves

you're being ridiculous
                Last edited by BassAle; 06-25-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  https://www.fark.com/goto/10069852/w...-with-an-eight

But this is just too much, I'm sure.
                  “I asked the clinician, ‘When is this child going to be reunited with his parents?’ He was evasive. First it was ‘Oh, well, we don’t know.’ And then it was ‘Well, he won’t be reunited with his parents unless he behaves.’ The lack of compassion was scary, and it didn’t seem like there was really a plan.
                  jfc

This country sucks.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Already in the business and tax policy thread
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          We have known your "other side" for a long time.

That's always been out there. But the overwhelming opinion of it being a cruel side is what you see.

Here's an honest question- do you NEED to hear an argument FOR slavery? There is another side to that whole argument after all. Is that something we should report and validate?

Since there was the holocaust, do we NEED to hear the side that thought killing all Jews was a good idea?

No, you don't need to hear reasons for morally horrible ideas.
                          Back in 1800, did you really need to hear an argument AGAINST slavery?

Remember when everyone DID think the earth was flat? Any reason to hear some lunatic say the earth is round?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                          X