X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think it’s more a case of politicians not wanting to do the hard bit. Republicans are largely at fault, but the Dems aren’t exactly blameless.
    It's about the party, not the policy.

Comment

I think the problem with the other points you made is that you only look at one facet of the problem. If we had the twenty trillion in debt but were running a trillion dollar surplus(similar to the doctor situation) I would completely agree with you. Or if we had run deficits for a number of years but were offset by some rainy day fund I wouldn’t be super concerned. On top of all this there are issues with pensions being underfunded and there is a huge backlog of infrastructure work. I hope I am completely wrong, but think at some point we will have a huge problem.
      Where did you get your sources on these items, because...

I’m certainly not going to believe something just because CNN, Foxnews, etc report it as fact.
      Last edited by aparch; 06-19-2018, 12:54 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Based on that extremely limited amount of information, you've wrongly determined we are a poor country. Yet you need tons of questions answered before you can decide that taking children away from their parents is wrong.

Yep, sounds about right for Fox News watching morons like yourself.
        Please enlighten me on where I’m wrong.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          It's about the party, not the policy.
          Bull. ****ing. ****.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            It's like the difference between a license revocation hearing (administrative) and your actual DUI case (criminal).

The deportation hearing is administrative, but crossing the border illegally is (now) a misdemeanor crime (until relatively recently, it was just a civil violation). The separation of parent and child occurs because Trump's Department of Justice is using its prosecutorial discretion to strictly enforce these crossings as crimes for everyone, regardless of fact or circumstance.
            Thank you.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Twenty trillion in debt, massive underfunded liabilities, and horrible infrastructure.
              20 trillion not collected in revenue from our richest citizens since 1980.

It's a match almost to the penny.

Get it yet?
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Please enlighten me on where I’m wrong.
                You're confusing government balance sheets with a country's wealth, first and foremost.

You're ignoring that our 20 trillion dollar GDP is about 40-50 percent larger than #2 China, or that California alone would be the 5th richest nation in the world, if it were its own country.

I could go on and on, but you've already turned on Hannity and are ignoring any facts my liberal elite Ivy League education gave me, so why bother.
                Last edited by unofan; 06-19-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  ignoring any facts my liberal elite Ivy League education gave me, so why bother.
                  Well, to be fair...
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    20 trillion not collected in revenue from our richest citizens since 1980.

It's a match almost to the penny.

Get it yet?
                    I couldn’t agree with you more. The unfortunate part is that ship has sailed. How can we fix it going forward?

Comment

I think the problem with the other points you made is that you only look at one facet of the problem. If we had the twenty trillion in debt but were running a trillion dollar surplus(similar to the doctor situation) I would completely agree with you. Or if we had run deficits for a number of years but were offset by some rainy day fund I wouldn’t be super concerned. On top of all this there are issues with pensions being underfunded and there is a huge backlog of infrastructure work. I hope I am completely wrong, but think at some point we will have a huge problem.
                      No, I'm looking at the debt as a whole and seeing how it compares to other economically advanced countries such as the Scandinavian countries and other well off EU countries. We're lower in terms of debt to GDP than Canada and the UK. Japan has like 3x our debt to GDP ratio and still has a AA credit score from Moody's, the other two are AAA just like us. And a lot of that is because much of the debt is just obligations that we already own such as social security and medicare.

Again I really don't think you have a firm grasp on this issue, you're just seeing a big number and spouting tea party rhetoric.

Comment

I couldn’t agree with you more. The unfortunate part is that ship has sailed. How can we fix it going forward?
                        Yes. The ship has sailed. We sold the country to the billionaires while convincing the stupid to vote for it. It's what America is right now.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Step 1: Restore Eisenhower's rates

Step 2: Claw back the $20 trillion starting with every penny in off shore accounts. Bring it back in to be taxed at the new rates, or forfeit it all.

Step 3: Treat tax theft just like any other form of grand theft: you lose what you stole, you lose a penalty on top of it, and you go to jail.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-19-2018, 01:04 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            You're confusing government balance sheets with a country's wealth, first and foremost.

You're ignoring that our 20 trillion dollar GDP is about 40-50 prevent larger than #2 China, or that California alone would be the 5th richest nation in the world, if it were its own country.

I could go on and on, but you've ashtray turned on Hannity and ignoring any facts my liberal elite Ivy League education gave me, so why bother.
                            I’m not disputing the size of our economy. Antoine Walker and surely people much richer than him have gone bankrupt. Its entirely possible that some day we’ll magically turn it all around but it seems a long way off to me and that it will likely come too late.

Comment

I’m not disputing the size of our economy. Antoine Walker and surely people much richer than him have gone bankrupt. Its entirely possible that some day we’ll magically turn it all around but it seems a long way off to me and that it will likely come too late.
                              You still do not understand. The United States still produces massive prosperity. It never stopped. We just stopped trying to stop the rich from hoarding all that prosperity.

That is all that happened. Reversing those decisions -- human, political decisions, not magical events -- will reverse the effect.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the US that economically liberal policies won't fix. We cleaned up the Plutes' mess in 1932. We stopped them in 2008 before they could drive us into another Great Depression. We can stop them again, and this time we can turn back the tide and claw back everything they stole.

All you have to do is realize that you fell for a lot of empty rhetoric astro-turfed by people who quite literally do not care whether you live or die. That "tough but fair" rhetoric you imbibed, from whatever source, is all thought-terminating propaganda specifically designed to turn minds off.

Throw out this one BS thing you believe and start over. Start really reading. Look at the data. Look at the history.

It's so bleeding obvious. You don't even have to admit the mistake -- it doesn't matter -- just f-cking join us and be on the right side of the facts for a change. Speaking as an ex-libertarian, it's a relief not to have to keep building those baroque epicycles to "explain" how supply side will work if only we can just eliminate one more regulation, and that it HAS to work because of the logic of the theory so the empirical data just doesn't matter. The economic conservative quality of thought in this country, after 40 years of ascension and failure, looks exactly like Marxism: the desperate insistence on logical consistency despite being indisputably disproven and exposed as fraud.

You believe one dumb thing. I used to believe a similar version of that same dumb thing. It's no shame -- lots of extraordinarily perspicacious people have believed dumb things. The only shame is coming up against the truth and deliberately going Full Ostrich because your ego will be hurt. That's actually worthy of disdain.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 06-19-2018, 01:17 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                You still do not understand. The United States still produces massive prosperity. It never stopped. We just stopped trying to stop the rich from hoarding all that prosperity.

That is all that happened. Reversing those decisions -- human, political decisions, not magical events -- will reverse the effect.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the US that economically liberal policies won't fix. We cleaned up your mess in 1932. We stopped you in 2008 before you could drive us into another Great Depression. We can do that again. All you have to do is realize that you fell for a lot of empty rhetoric astro-turfed by people who quite literally do not care whether you live or die. That "tough but fair" rhetoric you imbibed, from whatever source, is all thought-terminating propaganda specifically designed to turn minds off.

Throw out all the BS you believe and start over. Start really reading. Look at the data. Look at the history.

It's so bleeding obvious.
                                You obviously haven't read enough Ayn Rand. If you had you'd know that what you consider bleeding obvious, they consider theft.

Comment

Working...
                                X