This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Torn. It's ridiculous to say, but there may be some parts of America....might be true. I'd say false as a blanket statement.

Many don't realize what NYC was like in the 70s when everything in the ghettos were literally burning down.....
    I would drive through the Bronx on the way to Yankee Stadium back then. It was a war zone and some neighborhoods looked like the blitz.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Do you think Trump would have changed his policy if the public hadn't reacted the way it did?

What do you think of the gruesome pictures of dead bodies and executions broadcast on network TV during the Vietnam war. If there had been coverage, should they have broadcast footage of thousands of naked and starved bodies being dumped into ditches in WWI? All that could be described as gratuitous.
      And there's the jump in the latter part of the post. Let's go further: let's broadcast the screams of the concentration camps' oven victims. How's that? Get my point, now?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        And there's the jump in the latter part of the post. Let's go further: let's broadcast the screams of the concentration camps' oven victims. How's that? Get my point, now?
        If they had done that, do you think it would have increased the urgency to liberate the camps.

Comment

If they had done that, do you think it would have increased the urgency to liberate the camps.
          No. See WeAreND's post. It makes me sick. I don't (can't) watch anything 9-11. I know what happened. It makes me want to vomit. Hearing or watching specific details only makes me angrier. It only makes it worse. Nothing better comes of it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

WHY are they separating families?
            If you honestly think Trump's, "why" hasn't been reported ad nauseum you're hiding under a rock Brent. Come on you're being extremely short-sighted in complaining anyone that wants to hear about all "sides" hasn't already.

Precisely. The manic uproar from the general pubic is the only reason this administration is even considering walking back this terrible decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              If you honestly think Trump's, "why" hasn't been reported ad nauseum you're hiding under a rock Brent. Come on you're being extremely short-sighted in complaining anyone that wants to hear about all "sides" hasn't already.

Precisely. The manic uproar from the general pubic is the only reason this administration is even considering walking back this terrible decision.
              They ARE reporting it. Both sides. This is my point. You're surprisingly missing it (for real, I'm astounded you're missing it). According to some here, Trump's reason is so ridiculous (and I agree it's ridiculous), it doesn't need reporting. Yes, it does. One must report why he is doing what he is doing. Why he thinks this is a reasonable action (which it isn't, according to the vast majority of us).

Comment

No your point is they have to report "both sides" but applying it to situations in which no side was reported at all. Again the reporting that children are being separated from their families isn't choosing a side.

To take it one step further your insistence that reporting of the separation story be followed by Trump regurgitating his pablum would be choosing a side unless the commentary additionally included why people think it's bad policy.

Comment

No your point is they have to report "both sides" but applying it to situations in which no side was reported at all. Again the reporting that children are being separated from their families isn't choosing a side.

To take it one step further your insistence that reporting of the separation story be followed by Trump regurgitating his pablum would be choosing a side unless the commentary additionally included why people think it's bad policy.
                  I addressed that. Some here feel that if one side is ridiculous enough (in their opinion) it doesn't need to be reported. IMO, yes it does. The Crying Children Audio is taking it a step further, and being gratuitous in this issue. I may feel (and in this case, I do) that the ridiculousness is ridiculous, but I will not censor that side. It still has to be reported. What I dislike is gratuitous.

Comment

It's not gratuitous in the least because it adds perspective to just how god freaking awful this situation is. Were we to listen to many on the right this situation would be received as being no big deal, it's like summer camp, they're better off than, "many blacks" (who also had their parents stolen from them?), etc., etc., etc. There's your other, "side".

For eff's sake Brent they are stealing kids from their parents and there is reason to believe some of these children will never be returned to their families and lost instead in the foster care system forever. How in the freaking freak is that gratuitous?

So no it's not gratuitous, both sides are already being reported and yet here you are continuously posting, "I'm just saying" nonsense.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-24-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

It's not gratuitous in the least because it adds perspective to just how god freaking awful this situation is. Were we to listen to many on the right this situation would be received as being no big deal, it's like summer camp, they're better off than, "many blacks" (who also had their parents stolen from them?), etc., etc., etc. There's your other, "side".

For eff's sake Brent they are stealing kids from their parents and there is reason to believe some of these children will never be returned to their families and lost instead in the foster care system forever. How in the freaking freak is that gratuitous?

So no it's not gratuitous, both sides are already being reported and yet here you are continuously posting, "I'm just saying" nonsense.
                      THAT is the gratuitousness. If you think the kids are just hunky dory...that's a whole 'nother issue. They are NOT running around playing tag or watching Dora or whatever. OF COURSE THEY ARE IN TURMOIL. IT'S A GIVEN. IT'S OBVIOUS. No need to hear nor show that. No reason.

Comment

Uh, yeah there is reason without question and to say otherwise freaking boggles my mind. We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one because I'm going to stop before I say something I'll regret. Peace.

Comment

Uh, yeah there is reason without question and to say otherwise freaking boggles my mind. We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one because I'm going to stop before I say something I'll regret. Peace.
                          You know I respect ya. I just don't need the snuff details. All I'm saying. Peace, bro.

Comment

Let's put it in simpler terms: if no opposing view were ever presented to the societal norm, there would be no growth of knowledge and cultural advancement.
                            I don't need to hear flat earthers or anti-vaxxers to know they're nuts. That applies here, too.

Comment

You know I respect ya. I just don't need the snuff details. All I'm saying. Peace, bro.
                              One last appeal to your senses: The footage of children crying is a direct response to the right claiming these separations are no big deal. If the right stepped up from the beginning and said this is a terrible thing it wouldn't need to be countered with such reporting right?

Good night.

Comment

Brent is trolling news at 10

Comment

Working...
                                X