X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

https://www.jstor.org/stable/27500003

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      But I think that an important difference is there isn't the effort to take national control of those financial and business institutions. There isn't the consolidation of power within the government. In fact, if there is anything, Trump seeks to basically pull back all regulation of business enterprises by the government. I don't think Trump is acting out in a fashion to seize power for power's sake. As you and others have pointed out, I think he's just doing what he's always done -- look for ways to line his pocket.
      I think we need to distinguish between Dumpy and the filth being tracked in on his coat tails. Dumpy himself is just an ignorant swinish narcissistic coward -- he has no political programme and no ideals. He's a bottomless garbage pail that tries to feed itself on adulation but is never satiated because he is a sad, empty failure. He doesn't matter except as he has enabled the serious problems to ride in with him.

The serious problems are the actual fascists. One on hand, the reactionary fanatics like Stephen Miller and Richard Spencer their idiot enablers in the mainstream like Falwell Jr., Frank Gaffney, and Pam Gellar. On the other hand, the radical anti-democracy plutes like the people behind The Heist -- not the limp political stooges like Paul Ryan but the actual wealthy sponsors and their hired gun policy architects. We don't even know the identity of most of these people because they stay hidden, but we know their work and we know it's too effective to have been the product of the morons in the Republican caucus.

These people are the ones that tracked in with Dumpy. Even if Dumpy died tomorrow they'd still be destroying democratic institutions and sh-tting on our values while turning their ignorant followers into rabid attack dogs to protect them as they loot our country.
      Last edited by Kepler; 06-21-2018, 05:44 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sounds to me like all we've done for 240 years is inter people. Not sure I've argued otherwise, though.
        Native Americans not on line 1 for you. Cuz, you know, we murdered them.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sounds to me like all we've done for 240 years is inter people. Not sure I've argued otherwise, though.
          So you're happily racist.

SJHovey [translated]: "**ck those Prairie N****** in the 1800's, **ck those Kanaka in 1901, **ck the Fritz's in 1918, ** the Japs in 1941, **uc the Krauts in 1941, **ck the Wops in 1942, **ck the Eskimos in 1943, **ck the Gooks in 1961, **ck the Sand N****** in 2003, and **ck the wetbacks in 2018."
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I think we need to distinguish between Dumpy and the filth being tracked in on his coat tails. Dumpy himself is just an ignorant swinish narcissistic coward -- he has no political programme and no ideals.
            While I agree he's also trying to attack/weaken/destroy if possible every institution that opposes him whether it's a free press, the EPA, the FBI, financial regulatory bodies, etc. The fact that he hasn't been able to is a testament to the founding fathers and those who worked hard to establish and maintain them, rather than the idea that Trump isn't trying to get rid of them (not your argument mind you).

Comment

Which makes it perfectly ok, and we should keep right on doing it.
              Last edited by rufus; 06-21-2018, 05:56 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                On the other hand, the radical anti-democracy plutes like the people behind The Heist -- not the limp political stooges like Paul Ryan but the actual wealthy sponsors and their hired gun policy architects. We don't even know the identity of most of these people because they stay hidden, but we know their work and we know it's too effective to have been the product of the morons in the Republican caucus.

These people are the ones that tracked in with Dumpy. Even if Dumpy died tomorrow they'd still be destroying democratic institutions and sh-tting on our values while turning their ignorant followers into rabid attack dogs to protect them as they loot our country.
                Those people aren’t interested in fascism. They’d prefer no centralized power at all.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Those people aren’t interested in fascism.
                  And yet, here we are.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Those people aren’t interested in fascism. They’d prefer no centralized power at all.
                    They don't care what they have, as long as it keeps lining their pockets.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I don't think people understood who Trump was in 2016. He's a sideshow, and can't be as crazy and self-involved as he seems. Personally, I thought he would be tempered by the gravity of the position. I voted against the man, the first time I ever cast a D vote for POTUS, and even I was shocked by what he's shown himself to be.

Now people know, and I think you'll see a more motivated base. Someone like Kerry could win this election, but not someone who's been as demonized, and comes off as shrill, as Hillary.
                      Kerry can't beat Trump. No way in hell.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m fighting with a Facebook friend/Trump lover about Melania’s jacket. She says the media is lying that she wore it and posted pics of her at one of the centers. I posted two articles with pictures showing she wore it AND posted the tweet from her One True Love Donald Trump that admitted she wore it and she said he said it was Fake News. I’m at a loss! I told her he said the comment on her jacket referred to Fake News. And she STILL refuses to believe it. I’m really scared for her. She’s totally over the edge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Native Americans not on line 1 for you. Cuz, you know, we murdered them.
                            Reservations?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

My hero.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Granular Dump Ratings

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...g-up-by-state/
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X