X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

My guess is Faux now wants her deported
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I a million percent reject wanting to kill ice agents or kidnap Barron or anything along those lines.
      The difference here... now, please, bear with me... is that nobody except for a handful of crazy morons wants to kill ICE agents or kidnap Barron, whereas separating families and putting kids in kennels is happening to thousands right this minute and is the official policy of the United States of America.

Stop trying to finesse this. Your boy and your party are guilty of massive human rights violations and you're acting like Tucker Carlson debating whether to dine at Komi or Métier. Step up and take responsibility. "The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        “You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs." No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is [expletive deleted] stupid. Are you kidding me?" I acknowledge that you believe that, that’s great, but I’m not going to respect it. I have an uncle that believes he saw Sasquatch. We do not believe him, nor do we respect him!”
        -Patton Oswalt
        But I don't think that's the point the NYT is trying to make. They agree that you should be angry, and that you need to act. I think the point, which I'm pretty sure you understand based upon your posting history, is that you're much more likely to be effective and persuasive if you don't come off every bit as crazed and unpredictable as Trump.

In the city where I live there is a fairly well known guy named Danny who can frequently be found on the street corner in front of his group home carrying on an expletive laced monologue at the top of his lungs, under the watchful (if distant) eye of his caretakers. No one stops to ask Danny who to vote for in the election.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          In the city where I live there is a fairly well known guy named Danny who can frequently be found on the street corner in front of his group home carrying on an expletive laced monologue at the top of his lungs, under the watchful (if distant) eye of his caretakers. No one stops to ask Danny who to vote for in the election.
          But if there were 200,000 Dannys they might. If there were 10 million, they would. According to you and Drew, the demonstrations in the 60's were crazed and unpredictable, and so very, very uncivil.

And yet, they ended a war, and began the long, continuing journey towards equal rights for everyone.

But no, they should have just shut up and sat quietly.
          Last edited by rufus; 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Can be done through Congress with a simple majority in each chamber IINM.
            Do they have the votes?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              How many votes are necessary to merge labor and education (which makes absolutely no sense; there is no overlap at all)
              It weakens unions, that’s all that matters.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The White House wants to rename the department of Health and Human Services to the department of Health and Public Welfare. So subtle.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  But I don't think that's the point the NYT is trying to make. They agree that you should be angry, and that you need to act. I think the point, which I'm pretty sure you understand based upon your posting history, is that you're much more likely to be effective and persuasive if you don't come off every bit as crazed and unpredictable as Trump.

It’s hard to beat people at their own game. The left is playing into Trump’s hands and alienating a lot of people in the ‘silent majority.’ The bad stuff Trump is doing speaks for itself. When people threaten Barron or whatever it give him the moral high ground which is a huge mistake.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Please express no rage that we live in a country where this happens. I'm sure a simple link with no comments or expression of feeling will cause Drew and Hovey to come to the right conclusion all by themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Please express no rage that we live in a country where this happens. I'm sure a simple link with no comments or expression of feeling will cause Drew and Hovey to come to the right conclusion all by themselves.
                      It’s awful, and unfortunately I’m sure it’s happened for a long time in a lot of different facilities. For me that isn’t even a political issue.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                        In court filings, lawyers for the detention facility have denied all the allegations of physical abuse detailed in the lawsuit, which span from 2015 to 2018.

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Do they have the votes?
                          On the face of it GOP majorities should be enough. But I don't know whose ox is gored by this or what the politics is.

One of the outcomes they want is to move SNAP out of Agriculture, where it has a built-in rice bowl fiefdom, to the neutered and renamed "Ministry of Love" HHS department, so it can be quietly snuffed out.

This stuff is really Paul Ryan's hard-on, not Dump's. It may be an offering from the Stephen Miller Nazi Republicans to the David Hoppe Randian Republicans, as much to say if you do our bidding on the racist stuff like the wall we'll help you out on the Plute stuff like fiscal and budgetary policy.

This is true fascism: the union of the xenophobic racist right wing with the corporatist 1% right wing.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It’s hard to beat people at their own game. The left is playing into Trump’s hands and alienating a lot of people in the ‘silent majority.’ The bad stuff Trump is doing speaks for itself. When people threaten Barron or whatever it give him the moral high ground which is a huge mistake.
                            Lemme guess, you're part of that "silent majority"?

And you're so alienated by what the craziest of the left have to say, but THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STAES TAKING CHILDREN AWAY FROM THEIR PARENTS AND THROWING THEM IN CONCENTRATION CAMPS doesn't seem to bother you in the least. In fact, you've been looking for reasons for why its ok.

Comment

It’s awful, and unfortunately I’m sure it’s happened for a long time in a lot of different facilities. For me that isn’t even a political issue.
                              Yes. If there has been one takeaway from this week, it has clearly been that handling of illegal immigrants is not a political issue.

Comment

Originally posted by drew s. View Post
                                it’s awful, and unfortunately i’m sure it’s happened for a long time in a lot of different facilities. For me that isn’t even a political issue.
                                bsabsvr

Comment

Working...
                                X