X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Brent
    Here's the fault in your "logic"- if they don't cover it, nothing happens.

And if you don't want them to cover it, then apparently you don't want anything to happen.

Do you really want kids separated from their parents?

By your logic, we should have stopped covering some of our wars, just pointlessly letting people die. Instead, journalists see something they think is wrong, report it, and given the flack they get for reporting it, keep doing it until something is done. Which has happened more than once for more than one pointless war.

If you don't like it, don't listen. But be sure, the more you ignore it, the more you are part of it.

It's really funny, but you sound like many Germans during the rise of Hitler. Really, you do- they didn't want to speak up, or hear about it, or whatever, and we saw how that ended.
    Who said anything about not wanting to cover the separation of the families? Here's the jump that many of you are making, that I never said, nor want. That's a big jump. I mentioned a specific, sensationalist angle. That's it. Then some here got all extreme on it, surprise surprise.

And yes, journalists should present both sides of the coin, again, NO MATTER HOW RIDICULOUS. I posted 3 statements earlier describing this situation, one neutral and two biased. I guess people ignored that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Who said anything about not wanting to cover the separation of the families? Here's the jump that many of you are making, that I never said, nor want. That's a big jump. I mentioned a specific, sensationalist angle. That's it. Then some here got all extreme on it, surprise surprise.

And yes, journalists should present both sides of the coin, again, NO MATTER HOW RIDICULOUS. I posted 3 statements earlier describing this situation, one neutral and two biased. I guess people ignored that.
      The two sides have a lot more in common than either would like to admit, and that certainly isn’t intended as a compliment to either.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        The two sides have a lot more in common than either would like to admit, and that certainly isn’t intended as a compliment to either.
        bsabsvr
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Do you really find this amusing?

I used to think you were a funny poster, sometimes. But now you seem to make fun of a pretty bad situation for families. I don't get it.
          Deplorable, in a word.

Mookie understands how this plays. Both for the voting base and as a desired deterrent

Doesn’t agree at all however as people shouldn’t be pawns.

Also insulted at the profits being earned by insiders (no doubt).

Outside of going to TX and taking over a Walmart in armed rebellion and releasing the peeps, not much mookie can do.

Humor is also mookie’s default response. Sorry
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

What is the other side they should be reporting, Brent? That Trump believes, or at least is trying to convince us, that it's the democrats fault? That Nielsen straight up lied and contradicted the rest of the administration saying they have no policy to do this? Because they have done that. They've allowed the other side to have their say, and that's what's come out. That and Womp Womp.

I'm not entirely sure what you want. The republicans have said that it is happening. They've even said, on air, themselves, that they're cages, though they don't want them to be called cages. They've made it clear they're using children as bargaining chips for border walls and immigration reform. There's your other side. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's come straight from the horse's mouth.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              What is the other side they should be reporting, Brent? That Trump believes, or at least is trying to convince us, that it's the democrats fault? That Nielsen straight up lied and contradicted the rest of the administration saying they have no policy to do this? Because they have done that. They've allowed the other side to have their say, and that's what's come out. That and Womp Womp.

I'm not entirely sure what you want. The republicans have said that it is happening. They've even said, on air, themselves, that they're cages, though they don't want them to be called cages. They've made it clear they're using children as bargaining chips for border walls and immigration reform. There's your other side. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's come straight from the horse's mouth.
              I think side is the wrong word. I would like more context and the reasons behind it. Also the history of what has gone on in the past would be good. Scooby laid it out yesterday much better than any media outlet has.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Didn't you read his "bias" list?

If you say that the President is using the children as pawns to get his border wall you are biased and fake news. Here I'll quote it for you.

"Trump is taking steps that he believes will accelerate an immigration bill that he is pursuing."
                "Trump is punishing families to get what he wants on immigration."
                "Trump is doing what needs to be done to get immigration reform to be done."

The top statement is neutral. The other statements are not neutral.
                See, number two is entirely accurate but it's biased and fake news. Because Brent said so and Brent is the arbiter of journalistic integrity around here. Only Brent knows what's neutral because only he is the true center. A center that believes in it's core that bsabsvr.

And that's where we are today.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I think side is the wrong word. I would like more context and the reasons behind it. Also the history of what has gone on in the past would be good. Scooby laid it out yesterday much better than any media outlet has.
                  Where do you think Scooby got most of his facts? Im guessing from the media. It's not our fault you only believe the one that lies outright.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Where do you think Scooby got most of his facts? Im guessing from the media. It's not our fault you only believe the one that lies outright.
                    Everything I posted I either heard on TV, mostly MSNBC, or read in a newspaper or online. All biased non-centrist sources that can't be trusted because they don't present the "ridiculous" side.

Speaking of that. CNN must be the true news source cause no one bends over backwards more to present the stupid and ignorant side than them.

Comment

news supposed to tell a story. if the story is one sided, so be it. and just because the story IS one sided doesn't mean it is being reported on a slant --- meaning you don't need to come out and say "the other side disagrees".
                      not all $exy action news features are kitty fashion shows

--
                      "let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that i am persecuted whenever i am contradicted"
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What reasons would justify to you taking kids from parents. Including infants? For extended times and to other states?

What, exactly, would those reasons be? I'm confused why this is such a tough choice for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Go look and find where nobody is reporting the other side. Really, find it.

Everyone I see report it, and that pales in comparison with what you think is "sensationalist". Which isn't talking heads yelling and ranting, it's the fact of pictures showing exactly what is happening and recordings so that you can hear it.

How is just showing you the basic facts sensationalism?

What other side of the coin are they missing?????

Comment

Again, what other side of the "take kids from their parents" coin is supposed to be a negative thing that somehow justifies the action?

Honestly- tell us, I'm trying to figure that out.

How is holding kids hostage somehow ok so that this president can get his border wall? That's what he said he wants!!! Or how is holding kids hostage somehow ok so that sessions can prevent people from crossing the border??? He said that, too.

WHAT OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN ARE YOU MISSING!?!??!!?!?!?

Comment

BTW, Republican Governors are recalling their National Guard troops from the border, as they seem to believe what is going on is, in fact, true and cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                BTW, Republican Governors are recalling their National Guard troops from the border, as they seem to believe what is going on is, in fact, true and cruel.
                                It's not cruel. "Trump is taking steps that he believes will accelerate an immigration bill that he is pursuing."

Comment

Working...
                                X