X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

More lies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...down-1.4711030

Canada is monitoring the impact of U.S. President Donald Trump's "zero-tolerance" migrant policy — which has led to the forcible detention of thousands of children — to determine if the U.S. remains a safe country for asylum seekers.

Global outrage is growing over Trump's hardline approach to people crossing illegally into the U.S. from Mexico — a policy that puts adults through the criminal justice system while sending their children to detention camps. The Trump administration also has eliminated the option of citing a risk of domestic or gang violence as grounds to seek protection.

Critics are calling on Canada to urgently respond by suspending the Safe Third Country Agreement (STCA) with the United States, but Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen said the government will analyze the situation to determine the impact of the Trump administration's policy on due process, appeals rights and migrants' ability to make asylum claims.

"We have to see the impact of these changes on the domestic asylum system in the U.S. to see whether the U.S. continues to meet its obligations, not just to the international community, but also to the Safe Third Country Agreement," he said.
    Trump is now breaking International Law. Again. Why? Cause he's a ****tard.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      He's actually not, because they are not entitled to a lawyer.

We're doing this to people who are not accused of any crime. They are accused of a process violation. This is deliberate so they don't have any rights or representation. It's an end run around Constitutional protections because those would be too expensive and the government might lose cases.
      This goes back to the 1952 law creating the 100 mile "border protection zone," doesn't it? It seems like it's only become an issue starting with enhanced enforcement thanks to 9/11 and the subsequent abuses that went under the radar and unchecked for the last two decades.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        This goes back to the 1952 law creating the 100 mile "border protection zone," doesn't it? It seems like it's only become an issue starting with enhanced enforcement thanks to 9/11 and the subsequent abuses that went under the radar and unchecked for the last two decades.
        I think that's different. IINM (and our lawyers will correct me) the protection zone is what lets CBP and the TSA ignore your rights against unconstitutional search and seizure. The non-criminal status of undocumented immigrants is a far more recent ploy to evade a host of other Constitutional requirements.

It should be noted though that both measures were broadly bipartisan. The parties and the Court only defend the Constitution selectively and when there's any sort of national fever or panic they fold like a cheap bridge table.

In a democracy you sometimes bend before the wailing irrational hurricane of the dullard masses and their cynical demagogues, in order not to snap.
        Last edited by Kepler; 06-19-2018, 09:39 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Should they build a four seasons for them? What were the facilities like when Bush, Obama, etc were president? How long are the kids staying there? Is it a good policy or not? There are tons of other questions which need to be answered for me to have an opinion.
          Up until now, kids were not separated from their parents. Now they are. Do you really need more than that? You are ok with that as long as it's a short time and they are doing "summer camp"??? Really?

The addition of the cages just makes that worse.

Pull your head out of your ***.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I'll be honest. I'm a little tired of all of the posters in this thread whining about this subject when they still support the notion that there are some undesirables that need to be kept out of the country, depending upon how their own personal moral code defines "undesirable" but then someone else comes along with a different definition and families get hurt.
            Which posters are whining while still wanting to keep people out? Let them all in, each and every one. Why is whining about whiners suddenly a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Up until now, kids were not separated from their parents. Now they are. Do you really need more than that? You are ok with that as long as it's a short time and they are doing "summer camp"??? Really?

The addition of the cages just makes that worse.

Pull your head out of your ***.
              Hey, he just needs some time to decide if children should be kept in cages and ordered not to hug their siblings. It's a pretty tough issue...
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                I'll be honest. I'm a little tired of all of the posters in this thread whining about this subject when they still support the notion that there are some undesirables that need to be kept out of the country, depending upon how their own personal moral code defines "undesirable" but then someone else comes along with a different definition and families get hurt.
                False. We have a vetting process for terrorists. That's the gatekeeping device for keeping out undesirables -- it's not arbitrary, it's formally defined by statute.

The rest of this sh-t isn't about national defense, it's about thumping the tub for racists to get political points. That was cute and all when it was just the occasional drive-by murder by cowboy ICE dopes, but now it's turning into the early days of Dachau. That has to stop, right now, before it gets any worse. We have seen the people behind these policies, and their supporters, and they have no morality. Their viciousness knows no bottom.

Stand against them. Help stop them. Do not excuse them. Do not muddy the waters to enable them. This sh-t is serious -- it's the kind of stuff that shows up on the History Channel in 50 years. "How could they have let it happen?"
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  This is a truly great post and much appreciated. Much like with the debt/deficits at some point Congress is going to have to make some tough decisions on immigration.

I sat down to have dinner last night at 9:00 and watched Hannity where the red so. Weren’t playing and there was no other sports on. It really was amazing how the content of his show is so much different than what is in the mainstream media. The whole hour was basically on some FBI report that showed how corrupt they are and how they are out to get Trump.
                  That explains the 55%. Duh.

Ignore the real news, pay attention to the guy faking you out.

Comment

False. We have a vetting process for terrorists. That's the gatekeeping device for keeping out undesirables -- it's not arbitrary, it's formally defined by statute.

The rest of this sh-t isn't about national defense, it's about thumping the tub for racists to get political points. That was cute and all when it was just the occasional drive by murder by ICE officials, but now it's turning into the early days of Dachau. That has to stop, right now, before it gets any worse. We have seen the people behind these policies, and their supporters, and they have no morality. Their viciousness knows no bottom.
                    Exactly. The fear of terrorists is an excuse to keep people out that you don't like. Such as refugees from countries that are in a world of hurt- Syria, Central America, etc.

What's sad is that the same excuse is being used to crap on other refugees thanks to one or two people in the Millions displaced by Putin in Syria.

Putin is totally playing us, and winning.

Comment

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Well, Kep. Looks like they're being treated as criminals after all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/u...imes&smtyp=cur

The courts near the heavily traveled border in southern Arizona have always trafficked in the immigration, smuggling and narcotics cases that are part and parcel of frontier justice. But President Trump’s new “zero-tolerance” policy calling for criminal prosecution of all those caught illegally crossing the border has swiftly flooded criminal courthouses from Texas to California.

Federal criminal prosecutions of migrants arrested along the southwest border jumped 30 percent in April over March, according to Syracuse University’s TRAC, which monitors cases. Nearly 60 percent of all federal criminal prosecutions in April were for immigration violations, its tallies reveal.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Well, Kep. Looks like they're being treated as criminals after all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                        Do they get full Miranda? Because if not they're just using the court system to launder their extra-legal bullsh-t.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Do they get full Miranda? Because if not they're just using the court system to launder their extra-legal bullsh-t.
                          No idea. They do have lawyers though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            No idea. They do have lawyers though.
                            Nope.

The Supreme Court has held that deportation is not punishment, but rather an administrative procedure whereby an illegal alien is returned to his homeland. The alien has not been deprived of life, liberty, or property, so many constitutional protections do not apply.

Most important to the discussion is the fact that most detainees facing deportation are dealing with administrative charges in a civil process, rather than criminal. Consequently they do not have a constitutional right to an attorney; such protections only apply to criminal law.
                            Dr. Mrs. talks about this all the time. I will try to have her make a guest appearance later in the show. Considering that we play games at the home of a long time DHS immigration lawyer I'm pretty sure I'm on solid ground here.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Nope.

Dr. Mrs. talks about this all the time. I will try to have her make a guest appearance later in the show. Considering that we play games at the home of a long time DHS immigration lawyer I'm pretty sure I'm on solid ground here.
                              Right from my article.

Then he turned to the lawyers: “Counsels, have your clients made a decision to waive their right to a trial and enter guilty pleas?” The lawyers responded in unison, “Yes, your honor.”

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Exactly. The fear of terrorists is an excuse to keep people out that you don't like. Such as refugees from countries that are in a world of hurt- Syria, Central America, etc.

What's sad is that the same excuse is being used to crap on other refugees thanks to one or two people in the Millions displaced by Putin in Syria.

Putin is totally playing us, and winning.
                                Interesting tidbit I learned while falling down the Wikipedia rabbit hole this morning: in 1939, a bill was drafted in Congress titled the "Wagner-Rogers Bill" where immigration quota laws would be relaxed to aid in rescuing 20,000 German Jewish children from concentration camps in Germany. Thanks to efforts by Nationalists and anti-Semites, and the passive attitude by FDR and others, the bill was tabled. Germany went on to invade Poland a mere six months later.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X