X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    20 trillion not collected in revenue from our richest citizens since 1980.

It's a match almost to the penny.

Get it yet?
    Your timeline's a bit off there, Hoss. Back it up about 18 years for the start of structured federal deficit spending. It took off during the 80s, but started with a theory Kennedy's advisors proposed. The dollar values were far more modest, both in pure dollars and as percentage of GDP, but that's when the practice began.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      You still do not understand. The United States still produces massive prosperity. It never stopped. We just stopped trying to stop the rich from hoarding all that prosperity.

That is all that happened. Reversing those decisions -- human, political decisions, not magical events -- will reverse the effect.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the US that economically liberal policies won't fix. We cleaned up the Plutes' mess in 1932. We stopped them in 2008 before they could drive us into another Great Depression. We can stop them again, and this time we can turn back the tide and claw back everything they stole.

All you have to do is realize that you fell for a lot of empty rhetoric astro-turfed by people who quite literally do not care whether you live or die. That "tough but fair" rhetoric you imbibed, from whatever source, is all thought-terminating propaganda specifically designed to turn minds off.

Throw out this one BS thing you believe and start over. Start really reading. Look at the data. Look at the history.

It's so bleeding obvious. You don't even have to admit the mistake -- it doesn't matter -- just f-cking join us and be on the right side of the facts for a change. Speaking as an ex-libertarian, it's a relief not to have to keep building those baroque epicycles to "explain" how supply side will work if only we can just eliminate one more regulation, and that it HAS to work because of the logic of the theory so the empirical data just doesn't matter. The economic conservative quality of thought in this country, after 40 years of ascension and failure, looks exactly like Marxism: the desperate insistence on logical consistency despite being indisputably disproven and exposed as fraud.

You believe one dumb thing. I used to believe a similar version of that same dumb thing. It's no shame -- lots of extraordinarily perspicacious people have believed dumb things. The only shame is coming up against the truth and deliberately going Full Ostrich because your ego will be hurt. That's actually worthy of disdain.
      I really hope you are right about this. All I’ve known in my lifetime is gigantic deficits and it seems like any sort of surplus is a long way off. Time will tell which of us is right and I sincerely hope it’s you.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I really hope you are right about this. All I’ve known in my lifetime is gigantic deficits and it seems like any sort of surplus is a long way off. Time will tell which of us is right and I sincerely hope it’s you.
        It won't matter who's right if you guys keep digging the hole deeper.

BTW, assuming you are sincere, here's something to help a little. I used to look at the debt and think: "This is impossible. Even if we got to a balanced budget we will never pay down the legacy debt" and be really depressed. It turns out, all you really need to do is get to and hold a balanced budget. As long as you can do that going forward, the debt as percentage of GDP (the real number that matters) will basically start retiring itself. It will only take about 10 years for the debt to get well within the safety margin and another 15 for it to become essentially noise.

Plus, as you do this your debt service percentage decreases and that allows you to either increase the speed of repayment or re-purpose that old deadweight debt interest to productive spending like education and health care.

You can either have a super rich class that towers over everyone, or you can have fiscal health. You just can't have both.

So pick one.
        Last edited by Kepler; 06-19-2018, 01:28 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Your timeline's a bit off there, Hoss. Back it up about 18 years for the start of structured federal deficit spending. It took off during the 80s, but started with a theory Kennedy's advisors proposed. The dollar values were far more modest, both in pure dollars and as percentage of GDP, but that's when the practice began.
          Lots of things are fine until they're taken to the extreme. Reagan did that. GOP has doubled down on it ever since. Ryan's been masturbating to Ayn Rand since he was 13.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The only shame is coming up against the truth and deliberately going Full Ostrich because your ego will be hurt. That's actually worthy of disdain.
            This is why were fvcked with both fists. We jump to conclusions, seek out all the conformational bias data we can wrap ourselves with and firmly believe changing our minds or admitting a mistaken thought or belief is to admit to being weak. Americans have a sick fetish for "strength." I know people on the left who can't see the truth, but there are far more people on the right so afflicted. Far far more.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Ryan's been masturbating to Ayn Rand since he was 13.
              Who of us could resist?

Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                We've been through this before- Reagan, Bush I and Bush II did the most harm to the debt than anyone else before dumpy. But for some stupid reason, people like you won't vote on those facts, even though the debt issue is ALL about republican spending and their tax cuts. You pretend that individual welfare is evil, unless you earn over $1M a year, or are a corporation. So we get debt over those tax cuts that were never needed.

Now you use that stupidity of your voting to somehow justify that kids can be taken away from parents because you think we are poor and can not house them.

Can that be any more pathetic??!!>!!??

You are doing exactly what faux news wants you do to- change the subject to something else you can deflect, and blame poor people for the horrors of what we are doing.

Lets get the facts straight, the AG instituted a NEW POLICY- and I posted a direct link to his signed letter, calling for zero tolerance. That zero tolerance is detaining anyone who crosses the border, and that includes taking kids from their parents. This is being done to 1) try to convince people to not come, and 2) to force congress to do something that dumpy wants. dumpy and is executive branch have ALL said this at one time or another. This isn't CNN claiming something, this is people actually admitting to this BS. And finding excuses or other words to pretend that it's not as bad as it sounds.

But IT IS AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS!!!!

If you are not upset about this, don't come crying here when there's some kind of family value thing that bothers you- you have zero standing to complain about that anymore. You've abandoned the right to care about anything beyond yourself. Just like every other republican.

Makes me sick that there are Americans out there that don't find that this is a horrible thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Makes me sick that there are Americans out there that don't find that this is a horrible thing to do.
                  God, Gays, Guns.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Here's Richard Painter's new political ad. He used to be a Republican and an ethics lawyer for W's administration. He's now running for the Democratic nomination in Minnesota for Al Franken's old seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFPdGiD8EE

Pretty good ad.

Comment

He’s complaining about shoes.

“President Trump accused Canadians of crossing the border into the US in order to buy shoes and smuggle them back into their country to avoid tariffs: "They buy shoes and they wear them. They scuff them up to make them sound old, or look old.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

“President Trump accused Canadians of crossing the border into the US in order to buy shoes and smuggle them back into their country to avoid tariffs: "They buy shoes and they wear them. They scuff them up to make them sound old, or look old.”
                        *head desk*
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Here's Richard Painter's new political ad. He used to be a Republican and an ethics lawyer for W's administration. He's now running for the Democratic nomination in Minnesota for Al Franken's old seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFPdGiD8EE

Pretty good ad.
                          He sounds like he's doing a bad impression. I do like the ad, though. It's about the closest you can come to running for the United States Senate on the slogan, "Vote for me, because the President is a piece of sh-t."
                          Cornell University

Comment

He's a ****ing idiot. And 4 out of every 10 people in this country love him. 4 out of 10 of your co-workers. 4 out of 10 of the people on the bus, in the stadium at the game, at the movie theater.

Let it sink in a minute.

Comment

He sounds like he's doing a bad impression. I do like the ad, though. It's about the closest you can come to running for the United States Senate on the message, "the President is a piece of sh-t."
                              Richard always sounds like that. He's got a facial tick or something like that. It takes some getting used to.

Comment

When does he send out the regulators to size up a properly proportioned bowl of soup?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X