X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What if someone’s religion says they need to smoke pot? Where do you draw the line?
    Eyyy mon don't be oppressin my religion!

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

People who call the cops on kids for selling stuff are the worst.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Mookie could see calling to report the kid wasn’t collecting sales tax....
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm with Patty. Water today, meth and guns tomorrow.

Comment

Raj failed to teach her cousin the first rule about running a bottled water or lemonade stand. I always made sure the cops drank for free. No worries then.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Raj failed to teach her cousin the first rule about running a bottled water or lemonade stand. I always made sure the cops drank for free. No worries then.
              Tres bien.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Some of you need to stop hammering Brent. He's a good guy, and while he won't go full left-wing derp, that doesn't mean you need to "shame" him. Brent has repeatedly explained he's not a Trump supporter, and doesn't like most of his policies. Just because he doesn't get all inflamed about the latest thing das Orangenfürher has said, doesn't mean he agrees with the turd.

This goes for SJ as well. As for Flaggy, well, he's way beyond redemption at this point.
                I somewhat disagree. Both brent and SJ are getting on people's case for being so upset and constantly protesting about it. If we were talking something minor, they might have a point, but this is about kids being taken from their parents, and MOST Americans find that reprehensible. Protesting and constantly bringing it up is one of the most effective ways to change the policy. Which has proven to be true.

I agree of their point that the derps are not going to be swayed by that position, but big deal- we are finding that they are more marginalized the more we go along. A MUCH higher portion of Americans really found that position to be sick and wanted it changed as fast as possible.

If it really bothers you that the news is reporting the facts, don't watch the news- turn the channel to faux, and they will distract you to some meaningless BS like they always do. But don't complain that I'm using my free speech to speak and be really angry that we are interning kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  I somewhat disagree. Both brent and SJ are getting on people's case for being so upset and constantly protesting about it.
                  It was not my intention to get on people’s case. I simply stated that I agreed with the NYT column that responding to Trump by resorting to Trumpesque tone, language and behavior probably isn’t optimal.

Opponents of Trump probably have no greater ally than the NYT. They’re doing yeoman’s work during difficult times for newspapers. I’m just amused that when they wrote, “hey guys, maybe we dial it back a notch,” everyone here responded by going full Howard Beale.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    The issue with the baker was religion and sexual orientation issues butted heads. The courts sided with religion in this case. That being said, if I were a local resident, I'd cast my vote with my dollar, and not do business with that baker. Hopefully, other consumers do the same.

I do agree that is the baker's right in this particular case (assuming it was indeed about religious beliefs), and I also think that the market will correct itself, so to speak.
                    And that's why the same discrimination laws that protect races, religions, gender, and people of color from being discriminated against need to apply to sexual orientation as well.

Nazis still shouldn't be a protected class, though. Sorry Sarah.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

It was not my intention to get on people’s case. I simply stated that I agreed with the NYT column that responding to Trump by resorting to Trumpesque tone, language and behavior probably isn’t optimal.

You have the right to protest. Just don't exercise it.

All it does is make you look crazed and hysterical and pizzes people who don't agree with you off.

Opponents of Trump probably have no greater ally than the NYT.

Ummmmm, yeah.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/u...rth-korea.html

When President Trump declared that he did not really need to prepare for his legacy-defining meeting with North Korea’s leader, he drew sighs or snickers from veterans of past negotiations. But he had a point: In his own unorthodox way, Mr. Trump has been preparing for this encounter his entire adult life.

Hope this reporter wiped his chin when he was finished.
                      Last edited by rufus; 06-24-2018, 09:26 AM.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

ThisIsNotNormalHat
                        ‏ @Popehat
                        1h1 hour ago

If you promote someone who contemptuously defies every norm of civility, and argue that civility doesn’t matter and that its absence is refreshing and honest, and build an ideology around upsetting people .... folks might start to take you at your word, and you may not like it.

Also: if you promote a pathological liar, constantly argue that his lies don’t matter, try to portray his lies as a rhetorical style, and deflect criticism of his lies as “fake news” or partisanship, when it comes time for you to point out a lie, you may find nobody gives a ****.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          The issue with the baker was religion and sexual orientation issues butted heads. The courts sided with religion in this case. That being said, if I were a local resident, I'd cast my vote with my dollar, and not do business with that baker. Hopefully, other consumers do the same.

I do agree that is the baker's right in this particular case (assuming it was indeed about religious beliefs), and I also think that the market will correct itself, so to speak.
                          The court didn't side with religion. It punted. It found some remarks by a commissioner that it thought indicated bias. Many commentators on SCOTUSBlog felt Kennedy signaled he'd have sided with the gay couple absent that appearance of bias. I think that's probably right given he's written every major decision involving gay rights in the last few decades, but I probably wouldn't put money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            I somewhat disagree. Both brent and SJ are getting on people's case for being so upset and constantly protesting about it. If we were talking something minor, they might have a point, but this is about kids being taken from their parents, and MOST Americans find that reprehensible. Protesting and constantly bringing it up is one of the most effective ways to change the policy. Which has proven to be true.

I agree of their point that the derps are not going to be swayed by that position, but big deal- we are finding that they are more marginalized the more we go along. A MUCH higher portion of Americans really found that position to be sick and wanted it changed as fast as possible.

If it really bothers you that the news is reporting the facts, don't watch the news- turn the channel to faux, and they will distract you to some meaningless BS like they always do. But don't complain that I'm using my free speech to speak and be really angry that we are interning kids.
                            The issue I had, was that people (which in the above post includes you) said I didn't want reports about the caged kids coming out. That is so incorrect it's laughable. I said that the audio of the crying kids, this single thing, was a cheap ratings grab, because of COURSE kids will cry when they get taken from their families. Everything else about the separation, the treatment, how officials are acting, should absolutely be reported, and I said so in many posts.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Opponents of Trump probably have no greater ally than the NYT.
                              I can't even.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                And that's why the same discrimination laws that protect races, religions, gender, and people of color from being discriminated against need to apply to sexual orientation as well.

Nazis still shouldn't be a protected class, though. Sorry Sarah.
                                IMO, what happened was two protected classes were going against each other in this particular case. It's a big can of worms. We're talking industrial-sized can.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X