This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        All I am saying is that is NOT news. It's horrible and tragic and what have you. But it's obvious for the sake of being obvious and a ratings grab. That's why I'm disgusted by it. If ANYONE thinks a kid is not going to cry being taken away from a family, I will say that person is a cold, heartless, ignorant a-hole.
        The news isn’t that the kid is crying. It’s that this is ****ing happening in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          You take a child away from a family. A person's decision on that is made. Right or wrong, it's made. God help you if you try to change that person's mind. You are NOT going to. That is the way the world is now. Some here cannot accept that fact, no matter how ugly it is.

Accept THAT, and then you will see the world in a new light. It sucks, but those are the realities.
          The new light I'm seeing is you are more ****ed at the media for covering it rather than the administration for doing it. You're not quite at Drew's level of derptitude with that take, but it's still a pretty bullshiat response.

Being a Fark Independent on taxes and budgetary issues is cute. Playing one in the middle of a humanitarian crisis is just being an asshat.
          Last edited by unofan; 06-20-2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Gee. I didn't know anything about journalism until the centrist explained it. As I understand it now facts don't matter. All that matters is both sides so centrists can feel balanced.

Thus the crying baby isn't news because it only presents one side.

I feel so smart now, thanks.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So here's some new that I just heard this morning:

The detention centers for the adults are run by FOR PROFIT companies. Yes, these guys are actually making a ton of money off the US increasing the number of detainees being held. Even better news- they claim to be real estate companies, so that they don't have to pay taxes on their profits, because how it's being made.

The detention centers for the kids is a Non Profit- but they rake in huge money doing it. And like the for profit companies, they pay no taxes on the money they bring in.

This was part of the reporting of the Marketplace Morning Report- the text is not yet on their web page.

So not only is this a deplorable and inhumane way to treat people, there are quite a few people making a whole lot of money doing it.

And this guy tried to pass himself off as a financial conservative.... First the tax cuts, then the expansion of government, and now the choice of the MOST expensive way to deal with immigration (and people are making profits).

Makes me more sick

Comment

Brent
                Here's the fault in your "logic"- if they don't cover it, nothing happens.

And if you don't want them to cover it, then apparently you don't want anything to happen.

Do you really want kids separated from their parents?

By your logic, we should have stopped covering some of our wars, just pointlessly letting people die. Instead, journalists see something they think is wrong, report it, and given the flack they get for reporting it, keep doing it until something is done. Which has happened more than once for more than one pointless war.

If you don't like it, don't listen. But be sure, the more you ignore it, the more you are part of it.

It's really funny, but you sound like many Germans during the rise of Hitler. Really, you do- they didn't want to speak up, or hear about it, or whatever, and we saw how that ended.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  So here's some new that I just heard this morning:

The detention centers for the adults are run by FOR PROFIT companies. Yes, these guys are actually making a ton of money off the US increasing the number of detainees being held. Even better news- they claim to be real estate companies, so that they don't have to pay taxes on their profits, because how it's being made.

The detention centers for the kids is a Non Profit- but they rake in huge money doing it. And like the for profit companies, they pay no taxes on the money they bring in.

This was part of the reporting of the Marketplace Morning Report- the text is not yet on their web page.

So not only is this a deplorable and inhumane way to treat people, there are quite a few people making a whole lot of money doing it.

And this guy tried to pass himself off as a financial conservative.... First the tax cuts, then the expansion of government, and now the choice of the MOST expensive way to deal with immigration (and people are making profits).

Makes me more sick
                  gambling?!?!? i'm shocked!!!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Journalism is SUPPOSED to be neutral. Now, this will be a tough test at times throughout one's career, you HAVE to present both sides, no matter how ludicrous one side is.
                    So, Bent, what is the other side?

What is the side of justification of the detention of minors taken from their parents? Other than BS spouting on the bible? Or that the WH has pretty much admitted though many people that this is done to 1) discourage people from crossing, and 2) force congress to do something?

How does ANY of that other side justify the means? I dunno about you, but when hostage takers try to get what they want by threatening harm, they rarely get it. Nor do they ever deserve it.

So, in your words, explain the other side of this story. An other side that we have not heard yet, since most news outlets have reported the justifications.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      gambling?!?!? i'm shocked!!!
                      Do you really find this amusing?

I used to think you were a funny poster, sometimes. But now you seem to make fun of a pretty bad situation for families. I don't get it.

Comment

John Dickerson struggled getting through the “tender age facilities” story on CBS This Morning.

When veteran reporters who have seen and been through so many heartbreaking stories are breaking down on camera, you know it’s pretty ****ed up.

And you can tell gayle king is royally ****ed.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankthor...048704/video/1 (NSFW language)

Obligatory West Wing follow up clip:
                          https://youtu.be/HmkmPpi8jJ8

Comment

I think dumps rally in Duluth is today.
                            I hope someone Throws a flaming bag of dog **** at him

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Journalism is SUPPOSED to be neutral. Now, this will be a tough test at times throughout one's career, you HAVE to present both sides, no matter how ludicrous one side is.
                              this is possibly one of the dumbest things i've read on USCHO, and I've read most of what Drew and Flaggy have posted.

There aren't two "sides" to report. Journalists report the truth. It's up to you to interpret that -- does horrible truth make you angry and want change? The other side isn't entitled to their own facts that need to then be reported to be "fair" and "present both sides".

Comment

President Trump's assertion that Congress, alone, could fix the immigration policy is a complete 180 from his previous statements. "Remember in the campaign when he said he, alone, could fix anything?" - CNN's Erin Burnett.
                                This is more fake news. Cause it's only one side. I post it here cause, First Amendment.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X