X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think side is the wrong word. I would like more context and the reasons behind it. Also the history of what has gone on in the past would be good. Scooby laid it out yesterday much better than any media outlet has.
    But the Democrats are gonna take yer gunz.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      It's not cruel. "Trump is taking steps that he believes will accelerate an immigration bill that he is pursuing."
      A cruel and oppressive immigration bill, but that's the one he's pursuing.

Comment

No. "Trump is taking steps that he believes will accelerate an immigration bill that he is pursuing."
        By holding children hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

But, if you come to a point of entry, and legally take the steps in asking for asylum, we'll take you in and begin the process. Right? I mean, that's what that **** Neilson told me.

Wait, I guess I should hold back comment until I hear her side.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            By holding children hostage.
            No! They’re “guests”.

#balanced
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Whoever said he was a liberal? What the hell does that even mean?

If your plan is to demonize everyone to the right of center, even the ones who agree with you, you are going to lose and lose badly. I am not saying he is one of us but he surely isnt one of them either.
              He was one of them. Chairman of Mccain's campaign. You know, the one that brought us Sarah Palin?

It's all fine and good that he's having reservations now. But he was an integral part of bringing us to where we are at today. There might not be a Trump if it weren't for people like him.

Comment

I'm sure there's a way to balance this reporting. Maybe Brent can help.
                You gotta listen to that guy's concerns, and understand where he's coming from. Don't condescend and talk down to him. Treat him as an equal.

Comment

And now he'll be crowing for the next week how, in the absence of the Democrats refusing to take any steps to change the laws preventing these families from being together, he had to step in and resolve the situation himself by executive fiat. He's a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    No! They’re “guests”.

#balanced
                    At summer camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      And now he'll be crowing for the next week how, in the absence of the Democrats refusing to take any steps to change the laws preventing these families from being together, he had to step in and resolve the situation himself by executive fiat. He's a hero.
                      And everyone on Fox News who defended the practice of "ripping these children away as a message" last night will be singing his praises of being such "a champion for family values guy, keeping these children and their parents together."
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        He was one of them. Chairman of Mccain's campaign. You know, the one that brought us Sarah Palin?

It's all fine and good that he's having reservations now. But he was an integral part of bringing us to where we are at today. There might not be a Trump if it weren't for people like him.
                        But you see when twice the amount of Hillary voters voted for McCain, they were on much higher moral ground.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          And everyone on Fox News who defended the practice of "ripping these children away as a message" last night will be singing his praises of being such "a champion for family values guy, keeping these children and their parents together."
                          Surely they will rip in to him for removing these kids from their fun summer camps.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Also anyone who still thinks Republicans care more about the debt/deficit: https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...t-kids-n884871

WASHINGTON — The cost of holding migrant children who have been separated from their parents in newly created "tent cities" is $775 per person per night, according to an official at the Department of Health and Human Services — far higher than the cost of keeping children with their parents in detention centers or holding them in more permanent buildings.

It costs $256 per person per night to hold children in permanent HHS facilities like Casa Padre in Brownsville, Texas. And keeping children with their parents in detention centers like the one run by U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement in Dilley, Texas cost $298 per resident per night, according to an agency estimate when it awarded the contract for the facility in 2014.

At those prices, the additional cost to operate a 400-bed temporary structure for one month at capacity would be more than $5 million. The average stay for separated kids is nearly two months.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Also anyone who still thinks Republicans care more about the debt/deficit: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...620-story.html
                              That's not fair and balanced. Where's the other side?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The whole balance thing...

One one hand, some expected some ****ing information about Hillary Clinton, and since none were reported, then it's a biased report. Even though there may have been noting to start with, as it could have been all made up. So there's no other hand coming from the government report.

On one hand, there's huge condemnation of the treating of families crossing the border, with some hints that were bad toward why they were doing it.. So there's not much of an other side, since most people think it's a bad thing to take kids from their families.

Oddly enough, the source of the one side is consistently FROM one side.

If Hillary Clinton was actually found doing something bad, most here would be very upset at her, and I doubt any would actually defend her from going to prison.

But I can't figure out what scenario (other than direct harm to the kids) where it's ok to take kids from their families. Especially for a crime that is roughly equal to a parking ticket. So spare me the BS about requiring some kind of balance, when all you need to be is some kind of human to find that practice bad.

Still, many, many chances have been offered to those of you seeking "balance" to explain ANY justification of taking kids away. Tell us. I'm curious why you need MORE news to decide that.

The point of the constant news is for everyone to gang up to STOP that horrible practice. And that plan seems to have been very effective. If you don't want to see it, don't watch. But don't also expect to see some kind of reporting justifying it beyond what is being reported. There isn't such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X