This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

“It’s a real exaggeration. 'Course, in Nazi Germany, they were keeping the Jews from *leaving* the country.”

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Ann says stuff that is controversial to make money and get attention and draw ratings. Whether she truly believes it or not, I have no idea. I don't like the fact that she does it, and that's another discussion.

On the crying kids, if THIS makes some think it will change people's minds, that's a mistake. You take a toy away from a kid, they're crying. What do you really think is gonna happen if mom and/or dad are taken away? It has become sensationalist "journalism."

Let me be perfectly clear: I don't like what is happening with the separating. Not one bit. Those who DON'T mind are not going to be swayed by this tape.
      I thought the *****ing about people being whiny was going to be limited to the golf thread. I guess people should just stop b1tching about kids being taken from their parents though

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        I thought the *****ing about people being whiny was going to be limited to the golf thread. I guess people should just stop b1tching about kids being taken from their parents though
        You are completely missing the point.

Journalists think this tape will change the Herpaderp's minds. IT WON'T. They are just using this tape to cash in on people who are already outraged, and will tune in. That means ratings. That's BS on the news orgs, in my mind. That's (for a lack of a better term) blood money.

The news orgs are cashing in on this story, with no shame. Makes me sick.

AGAIN: I DO NOT LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING. THIS TAPE IS AN UNNECESSARY ADDITION TO THE STORY. I can type slower, if that helps you understand.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Gallup has him at 45%...I was told his numbers couldnt improve.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You are completely missing the point.

Journalists think this tape will change the Herpaderp's minds. IT WON'T. They are just using this tape to cash in on people who are already outraged, and will tune in. That means ratings. That's BS on the news orgs, in my mind. That's (for a lack of a better term) blood money.

The news orgs are cashing in on this story, with no shame. Makes me sick.

AGAIN: I DO NOT LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING. THIS TAPE IS AN UNNECESSARY ADDITION TO THE STORY. I can type slower, if that helps you understand.
              Yeah, we should probably just be kept in the dark about what is happening. Also, you either know nothing about children, hate them or both. 2 year olds cry when you take their toy, not 5 year olds, not 8 year olds, not 10 year olds, not 12 year olds. It is NOT normal for those kids to just be crying because something didn't go their way. That you think, meh, it's just some brat crying like all kids do, only speaks to your lack of understanding. People should be completely appalled by every aspect of this, not upset by the amount of coverage.

Comment

Yeah, we should probably just be kept in the dark about what is happening. Also, you either know nothing about children, hate them or both. 2 year olds cry when you take their toy, not 5 year olds, not 8 year olds, not 10 year olds, not 12 year olds. It is NOT normal for those kids to just be crying because something didn't go their way. That you think, meh, it's just some brat crying like all kids do, only speaks to your lack of understanding. People should be completely appalled by every aspect of this, not upset by the amount of coverage.
                Those who are appalled, are already appalled. Those who are not, will never will be. The tape makes no difference at this point. This is the media cashing in on ratings. Do you understand that, yet?
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It’s factual and it’s happening. It should be reported on whether or not the herpaderps will like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    It’s factual and it’s happening. It should be reported on whether or not the herpaderps will like it or not.
                    We KNOW it's happening. A crying kid won't make a lick of difference either way. Minds are made up.

Comment

yeah, we’re not going to agree on this, and the world will continue on.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        yeah, we’re not going to agree on this, and the world will continue on.
                        Due to the Nazi comparisons that have been coming up, and not disagreeing with those comparisons:

1 million killed. "Oh, we are mad! Has to be stopped!"
                        Wait, our bad, 2 million killed. "Ok, now we're outraged and others will now realize the harm!"

Nope. The hardcore minds are made up in the beginning, and not gonna change them. It's sad, but it's also true.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Due to the Nazi comparisons that have been coming up, and not disagreeing with those comparisons:

1 million killed. "Oh, we are mad! Has to be stopped!"
                            Wait, our bad, 2 million killed. "Ok, now we're outraged and others will now realize the harm!"

Nope. The hardcore minds are made up in the beginning, and not gonna change them. It's sad, but it's also true.
                            Therefore we should just ignore it and not be outraged? Sorry to inconvenience you.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Gallup has him at 45%...I was told his numbers couldnt improve.
                              Silver pointed out that polls are a week or two behind events, so he's buoyed by the North Korea meeting and much of these children issues didn't really kick in since the weekend, really.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think for our rightie friends you mean start (acknowledging our current reality and speaking up against the monsters they have put in charge of our country).
                                This.

Partisanship is understandable. Silence in the face of atrocity is not.

Conservatives of the board, ask yourselves: do you really need the actual gas chambers before you get angry?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X