X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Sweeping Trump proposal seeks to shrink government, merge agencies

The Trump administration issued an ambitious proposal Thursday to shrink government and reorganize how services are delivered to citizens, a plan that touches on nearly every corner of American life, from pizza to postal delivery. The proposal is the result of a yearlong effort by Mick Mulvaney, a small-government crusader who leads the White House Office of Management and Budget. He called the plan the biggest reorganization of government since President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Depression-era New Deal.

The proposal would merge the departments of Education and Labor into a new Department of Education and the Workforce. Safety net services and food aid would be consolidated into the newly named Department of Health and Public Welfare, and rural housing assistance, now at the Department of Agriculture, would shift to the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Food safety programs, now overseen by the Department of Agriculture and Food and Drug Administration, would be consolidated into a new Federal Food Safety Agency.

The plan seeks to restructure and possibly privatize the U.S. Postal Service. Power assets owned by the Tennessee Valley Authority and the Department of Energy would be sold and clean-up programs housed at several departments would be consolidated within the Environmental Protection Agency’s multibillion-dollar Superfund program. The Army Corps of Engineers’ civilian work would be moved out of the Department of Defense to the Department of Transportation. Management of dams, ecosystem-restoration work and the Clean Water Act permitting program would go to the Department of the Interior.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...agencie-661976
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Firm Prepares To Mine Land Previously Protected As A National Monument
      A Canadian mining firm says it will move forward with plans to mine minerals from land that was previously part of the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument in Utah.
      *Sigh*
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sessions, literally last week: The Bible says we can tear families apart.

Sessions, yesterday: We never intended to tear families apart.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Sessions, literally last week: The Bible says we can tear families apart.

Sessions, yesterday: We never intended to tear families apart.
          Gas. Lighting.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Checking for scuffed shoes no doubt.

I don’t carry a passport when driving in the US. If these people aren’t either how can they be confident about citizenship?

http://hill.cm/ZCpiZZd
            I always carry my passport card with me.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

**UPDATE**

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was on CNN this morning stating that the Department of HHS has issued a gag order on all facilities in his state blocking his staff from working on finding these kids and re-joining them with their families.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Why?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Why?
                  I have a friend who always carries his passport with him. This is a man who I believe has left the country exactly twice.

I asked him the same question. His response was, "what if I'm sitting in a club in Las Vegas and some rich guy with about 10 supermodels in his entourage asks me if I want to fly with them to Monaco and hang out on his boat? I don't want to have to go home and get my passport."

Maybe Drew has the same dream. I mean my friend does kind of have a point.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Why?
                    never know when you might need to flee to Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Why?
                      I carry my passport card, not my full passport. I believe the passport card proves I’m a citizen though. I like to have it when I go someplace and they copy my ID because it doesn’t have my address on it. There are certain buildings in Boston that require this for security purposes when you go in.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        you're white. you would have been waived through.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I have a friend who always carries his passport with him. This is a man who I believe has left the country exactly twice.

I asked him the same question. His response was, "what if I'm sitting in a club in Las Vegas and some rich guy with about 10 supermodels in his entourage asks me if I want to fly with them to Monaco and hang out on his boat? I don't want to have to go home and get my passport."

Maybe Drew has the same dream. I mean my friend does kind of have a point.
                          That's fair.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            **UPDATE**

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was on CNN this morning stating that the Department of HHS has issued a gag order on all facilities in his state blocking his staff from working on finding these kids and re-joining them with their families.
                            Nope nothing nefarious going on here. It doesnt look shady at all that even though you cant do your job you wont let others help fix the problem either.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Except Trump's 40%. Which agree with him 100%.
                                Tear the statue down.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X