X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    If she was going to undermine her entire trip there are better ways than that. To me it smells more like one of her flunkies wanted to make her look foolish because she knows she is a fraud.
    I was thinking she was going there at the request of the politicians introduced into her life, and now she's acting out against it, giving a message to her dearest husband. And her message to him focus on the letters F and U.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Think about what you are hair-splitting. Srsly, think about it.

"Look, I just don't think you can call it a death camp if people died there from neglect and weren't actually being actively murdered. I mean, terminology is the real tragedy here."

This is where the Christian values of the right lead.
      Oh, BS. First, I'm about as far from a christian values person as we have on this board.

These families, and the children, are being incarcerated. No question about that. I disagree with that incarceration. I think it's bs, as I posted way back at the beginning of this thread. Personally I think they should all be allowed in.

If you want to call it jail, fine. If you want to call in internment, fine.

But I waded into this s h ! t show of a thread that you've created to say that I agree with the NYT. That throwing gasoline on the fire by tossing terms like "nazi" and "concentration camp" around like they are wooden nickels is not going to solve problems, and in fact it is going to make it more difficult to solve them. Trump screams like a lunatic. Screaming like a lunatic back at him is not the solution.

But, carry on. If you think that's they way to the "blue wave," by all means go for it.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I think I've made it pretty clear what my position has been on these detentions. It's post #90, if you're interested. I don't think these people should be detained at all, let alone separated from family members.

But, of course, you guys wouldn't know that because you're too blinded by your rage to read or listen to what others are saying or make anything remotely close to a sensible argument.
        I'm aware of your position. But I'm also aware that you spend a heck of a lot more energy *****ing about hysterical liberals than you do about what's going on down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          It’s a free country and people can conduct themselves as they see fit. With that being said, it would be nice to see the country move past all the nonsense. Good on the NYT for writing that. It says a lot about how far we’ve gone off the rails that people will attack that article.
          I've given you the benefit of the doubt for far too long now. Rufus explained it in more depth and god bless him for his patience but you're either trolling or just really dumb (or both). This is just another embarrassing take from you.

Comment

Dump is well on his way to 1.

Give him time; it's only been 18 months.
            As I asked Hovey, what action does the administration take that becomes too much for him? What is his bridge too far?

We've sorta got the forced labor camps too, where those confined have been made to work for $1 a day.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

But, carry on. If you think that's they way to the "blue wave," by all means go for it.
              You are thinking of this in terms of political ramification.

That's a helluva way to judge morality.

I think you are obfuscating because you're not actually a soulless jerk, you're just in deep denial over what your Goon Squad party is doing, even though they said all along this was The Plan. I think if you had to spend a day tending to and talking to the victims in these camps you would never cast another Republican vote as long as you lived. I do not believe you are a monster.

But your casuistry is how real monsters get away with their actions.

“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
              ― Hannah Arendt, The Life of the Mind
              “For politics is not like the nursery; in politics obedience and support are the same.”
              ― Hannah Arendt, Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil
              Did you think when Evil came here it would wear a tiara with the letters spelled out in diamonds? This is your time to choose. You're on the path to being a Good German. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh, BS. First, I'm about as far from a christian values person as we have on this board.

These families, and the children, are being incarcerated. No question about that. I disagree with that incarceration. I think it's bs, as I posted way back at the beginning of this thread. Personally I think they should all be allowed in.

If you want to call it jail, fine. If you want to call in internment, fine.

But I waded into this s h ! t show of a thread that you've created to say that I agree with the NYT. That throwing gasoline on the fire by tossing terms like "nazi" and "concentration camp" around like they are wooden nickels is not going to solve problems, and in fact it is going to make it more difficult to solve them. Trump screams like a lunatic. Screaming like a lunatic back at him is not the solution.

You're asking the wrong question. The question we should be asking is why it works for the Republicans? And why are you and many liberals convinced that it can't work for the Democrats. Why won't it? Why are placating Skin Heads ok, but calling Trump a Nazi not ok? Isn't that the same thing? Why isn't it? Why is it ok to spread lies about where Barack Obama was born, and whether or not he is an American, but it's not ok to call the Republican Party a racist organization?

Why?

Cause, quite frankly, I don't ****ing get it.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Just as the words "murderers and thieves" and "Infest our country" evokes a very specific reaction, provokes a very desired response.

Didn't see you whining about that.
                  As I recall, I characterized it as a hysterical rant, or some such thing.
                  Last edited by SJHovey; 06-21-2018, 03:55 PM.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

As I recall, I characterized it as a hysterical rant, or some such thing.
                    Yeah, and why does it work? That's what I want to know. For some reason the Republicans get to define how someone acts, or says what and in what way? I don't understand that. Explain it to me.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                      I'm aware of your position. But I'm also aware that you spend a heck of a lot more energy *****ing about hysterical liberals than you do about what's going on down there.
                      Actually, I haven't spent much time whining about liberals and the hysterics of some of them. People commented on the NYT article, and basically piled on calling it bs. I stopped by to defend it because I believe they are right, I didn't stop by to rant at you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Yeah, and why does it work? That's what I want to know. For some reason the Republicans get to define how someone acts, or says what and in what way? I don't understand that. Explain it to me.
                        You know why. Old straight white uneducated Christian males are the real Americans. The rest of us, no matter how many generations we've been here, are just their guests.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Again, I'm not saying you can't do it. You're free to act or speak as you like.

You, and some others seem to think that the ranting and the name calling works. I'm not certain that you are correct in that regard, at least with respect to that part of the electorate I assume the Democrats are going to try to pull away from Trump. Sure, there are always going to be certain segments of the voting public who will react positively to name calling and the like.

Did it work for Hillary to call people deplorable?

You get down in the mud and wrestle with a pig, only the pig is happy but you both get dirty.

Comment

You know why. Old straight white uneducated Christian males are the real Americans. The rest of us, no matter how many generations we've been here, are just their guests.
                            That's what I thought. Which means not only do I hate my country right now but I'm not even a real American. That's sad.

Comment

You, and some others seem to think that the ranting and the name calling works.
                              Is it name calling to label a fascist a fascist?

Is it ranting to object emotionally to a despicable practice?
                              Cornell University

Comment

Again, I'm not saying you can't do it. You're free to act or speak as you like.

You, and some others seem to think that the ranting and the name calling works. I'm not certain that you are correct in that regard, at least with respect to that part of the electorate I assume the Democrats are going to try to pull away from Trump. Sure, there are always going to be certain segments of the voting public who will react positively to name calling and the like.

Did it work for Hillary to call people deplorable?

You get down in the mud and wrestle with a pig, only the pig is happy but you both get dirty.
                                Seriously? You like missed the point.

Trump did way worse than deplorable. Way ****ing worse. Throughout the entire campaign. Yet, Hillary paid for it. He didn't. He still doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X