X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The entire world press is reporting on it, Drew. Fox says "nothing to see here, move along." All other coverage is about how the United States is committing an atrocity. We're going to have to veto a UN sanction on human rights violations.

We are now on par with the Soviets.
    Saw something yesterday from a pediatrician, that by law, if his patients were being subject to treatment such as this, he is required to report it to the authorities.
    Last edited by rufus; 06-19-2018, 10:19 AM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      This is a truly great post and much appreciated. Much like with the debt/deficits at some point Congress is going to have to make some tough decisions on immigration.

I sat down to have dinner last night at 9:00 and watched Hannity where the red so. Weren’t playing and there was no other sports on. It really was amazing how the content of his show is so much different than what is in the mainstream media. The whole hour was basically on some FBI report that showed how corrupt they are and how they are out to get Trump.
      Why does Congress have to fix this? Trump can stop this any time he chooses, just as he started it. He chooses not to, as it incites his base, causes dimwits like you to say, "I don't know enough about it to tell whether its good or bad that children are separated from their parents", it's a deterrent to any other family thinking of comin to America, and he's using the children as hostages to get the democrats to support his extreme immigration policies and his wall.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Saw something yesterday from a pediatrician, that by law, if his patients were being subject to treatment such as this, he is by law required to report it to the authorities.
        Correct (at least in the states I have practiced). If you as a physician suspect abuse or have physical signs that are concerning, most hospitals will call in a separate, specially trained team that works in conjunction with the authorities to assist in determining if the child is safe at home.
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

They've been sued and they still do it.

The administration’s justifications and denials are meant to obscure that fact. Consider Nielsen’s suggestion, during a speech on Monday, that the administration is worried about child smuggling: “We do not have the luxury of pretending that all individuals coming to this country as a family unit are, in fact, a family.”

The government has made this argument before, in one of the first family separation cases to go to court. Last November, a Congolese woman known in court filings as Ms. L and her then 6-year-old daughter arrived at a port of entry near San Diego, presented themselves to border agents and asked for asylum. Officers separated them — according to a lawsuit, Ms. L could hear her daughter in the next room, screaming — and the girl was sent to Chicago while her mother was held in California.

When the A.C.L.U. sued on Ms. L’s behalf, officials claimed they’d taken the girl because Ms. L couldn’t prove she was her parent. The judge in the case ordered a DNA test, which quickly demonstrated Ms. L’s relationship to her daughter. (In March, they were finally reunited.)

“The truth is they’ve been doing this all along for deterrence purposes, as sometimes they boldly said in the press,” Lee Gelernt, an A.C.L.U. lawyer who argued the case, told me. “But when confronted in a federal lawsuit, they tried to retroactively justify it by saying they couldn’t figure out whether it was the mother.” It’s hard to know who’s worse — the sociopaths like Miller who glory in the administration’s cruelty, or those who are abashed enough to lie about the filthy thing they’re part of, but not to do anything else.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/18/o...imes&smtyp=cur
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Why does Congress have to fix this? Trump can stop this any time he chooses, just as he started it. He chooses not to, as it incites his base, causes dimwits like you to say, "I don't know enough about it to tell whether its good or bad that children are separated from their parents", it's a deterrent to any other family thinking of comin to America, and he's using the children as hostages to get the democrats to support his extreme immigration policies and his wall.
            At some point though they need to decide how many people get in, where they come from, etc and also what to do with the people who are here illegally.

No offense to anyone here but I think it’s insane to let anyone who wants to come here in. Where would they stay and how would we afford it? We’re a pretty poor country right now, even though we shouldn’t be. Perhaps it’s different in other parts of the country, but in the northeast there aren’t a lot of good places left to build housing.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Right from my article.
              Having a lawyer isn't the same as being guaranteed a lawyer.

I'm pretty sure if I want to blow the money I can bring a lawyer to my traffic ticket hearing. That doesn't mean the state has to provide one if I can't afford it.

I don't want to risk misunderstanding since on another thread I'm still joking with Handy and he's still not getting it, but you do understand Miranda, I'm sure. That has been my point. The Court has blessed proceedings which, if they were to fall under ordinary criminal procedure, would be blatantly unconstitutional.

If Dumpy actually made this fully criminal that would be good news for the victims, er, defendants, since then they'd get lawyers and possibly a modicum of justice. They would not, for example, have their children put into crates.
              Last edited by Kepler; 06-19-2018, 10:59 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

At some point though they need to decide how many people get in, where they come from, etc and also what to do with the people who are here illegally.

No offense to anyone here but I think it’s insane to let anyone who wants to come here in. Where would they stay and how would we afford it? We’re a pretty poor country right now, even though we shouldn’t be. Perhaps it’s different in other parts of the country, but in the northeast there aren’t a lot of good places left to build housing.
                Nobody is saying all of these people need to be allowed to stay. We are simply taking the very controversial position that illegally coming into the country is not moral justification for child abuse.

Comment

Having a lawyer isn't the same as being guaranteed a lawyer.

I'm pretty sure if I want to blow the money I can bring a lawyer to my traffic ticket hearing. That doesn't mean the state has to provide one if I can't afford it.

I don't want to risk misunderstanding since on another thread I'm still joking with Handy and he's still not getting it, but you do understand Miranda, I'm sure. That has been my point. The Court has blessed proceedings which, if they were to fall under ordinary criminal procedure, would be blatantly unconstitutional.
                  It seems to me we need comprehensive immigration reform and have for a while. But, it's good politics for the GOP not to allow it and ask for extremes. So, we're going to be ****ed up for a good long time.

I don't like my country anymore.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    It seems to me we need comprehensive immigration reform and have for a while. But, it's good politics for the GOP not to allow it and ask for extremes. So, we're going to be ****ed up for a good long time.

I don't like my country anymore.
                    Right now they want the pictures of all the pain. First, they think word will get back to El Salvador and the families there won't start for the border. But more importantly they think they can use this to extort wall funding from the Dems. Those children are hostages.

Those are the kind of people we are dealing with. We have to smash the GOP so completely that they can't win an election for local town ombudsman.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                      Nobody is saying all of these people need to be allowed to stay.
                      I'm saying that. When you give all administrations the right to stop people at the border and incarcerate them if that administration thinks those people have entered "illegally", don't be shocked when an administration exercises that power in a way that offends you.

That said, I'm curious what you and others think should be done with these kids under the law as it currently exists.

1. Incarcerate them with their parents and a whole lot of additional unrelated adults until they can be returned home?
                      2. Left to roam the streets until their parents are processed and ready to be returned home?
                      3. Placed in thousands of yet to be identified foster homes?
                      4. Placed in one of tens of thousand of individual holding cells built just for families (that have yet to be constructed)?
                      5. Have someone just literally walk them back across the border?
                      6. Some other great idea that you have?
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Right now they want the pictures of all the pain. First, they think word will get back to El Salvador and the families there won't start for the border.
                        Ah, the "scare them into not doing it plan".

I like it. I think Michael Cohen's kids should be sent to the camps too. That will discourage people from committing his types of crimes in the future. Send I'M ERIC!'s kids too, to discourage misuse of charity funds.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Guys, if you don't like it, vote. Simple as that. As I said before, the worst Dem is better than the best Republican. All 49 Dems in the Senate have signed onto a stand alone bill ending family separation including Manchin, Donnelly, Jones, Tester, Heitkamp, McCaskill, etc. No Republicans have, and that includes Collins, Flake, McCain, Murkowski and all of the other alleged moderates.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Do they get full Miranda? Because if not they're just using the court system to launder their extra-legal bullsh-t.
                            I doubt they do...and unless it gets appealed (which it wont) Miranda wont matter anyways. It isnt like they are going to jail they are just sent back. I am honestly not sure the SC would say Miranda applies here anyways. (I would say they are wrong but then again I actually care about life)

The only way this will get changed is if the Mayor of a border town or the Governor of a border state fights this in court...and that wont matter cause no way the SC with its current makeup will be on the right side of the issue. Best shot would be to bring suit on behalf of the children (especially the ones who came here for asylum) but I am not sure anyone would do that in the states that this would be most effective. They need a perfect representative case and the right group to be the backbone. (like say Amnesty International or a Children's Rights Group)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Your family must be Native American...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Guys, if you don't like it, vote. Simple as that. As I said before, the worst Dem is better than the best Republican. All 49 Dems in the Senate have signed onto a stand alone bill ending family separation including Manchin, Donnelly, Jones, Tester, Heitkamp, McCaskill, etc. No Republicans have, and that includes Collins, Flake, McCain, Murkowski and all of the other alleged moderates.
                                You are preaching to the choir. Who here on the Left didnt vote?
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X