This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: 45.36: I Designed The Sears Tower, I Make 2 Grand An Hour

How many votes are necessary to merge labor and education (which makes absolutely no sense; there is no overlap at all)
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm the crazed lunatic because the President of the United States of America is taking children away from their parents and throwing them in concentration camps?

Keep turning the blind eye to what he's doing. Keep tryin to rationalize it, or excuse it. Keep being the good little German keeping your head down and hoping you can avoid the fallout.

Again. The President of the United States of ****ing America is taking children away from their parents and throwing them in concentration camps.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.d5fd0c859ee7

But I'm sure the usual suspects will be along with BSABSVR.
        Good lord...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          How many votes are necessary to merge labor and education (which makes absolutely no sense; there is no overlap at all)
          Can be done through Congress with a simple majority in each chamber IINM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
            The United States is a threat to Russia.
            But an even larger threat is democracy – or liberal, western civilization or whatever you want to call it.

Western civilization is defined by its institutions – representative government as a whole, a free and active press, education for all, freedom of expression, meritocracy – upward mobility, free and fair elections, the rule of law, etc.
            Those are the very things Trump is attacking and dismantling.

Yes, Putin would love for us to cancel specific weapons programs or stop participating in military exercises with our allies but he’s far, far more interested in attacking the institutions that underpin all of that, upon which our entire, society, culture, way of life is based. And that’s exactly what he’s getting via his proxy, Trump.

Discord in the G7? Check
            Devalued view of NATO? Check
            Attack the rule of law by belittling judges and the FBI? Check
            Kill confidence in the media? Fake news, check
            And the big one, lack of confidence in our elections? In the value of our votes? Check
            And there’s more but you get idea.

Russia has almost never been free. Monarch, tsar, dictator, autocrat, whatever you want to call it, their history is nothing but authoritarianism. Putin wants nothing more than to maintain and strengthen that. Dictatorship, state-controlled economy, oligarchy, again, whatever you want to call it, he basically wants to take civilization back 500 years, pre-Enlightenment, to when there was a king and his princes that owned and controlled everything and the serfs were happy to have a roof over their heads. But that’s difficult to do when there’s Europe and North America sitting there for the people of Russia to see and aspire to.

Putin knows he can’t defeat that directly. So he’s set out to get us to implode from within. And he’s got the perfect dupe and patsies, Drump and his collection of Orcs. And it has to be working better than he ever could have dreamed. Defeating us would make him look strong but making us look bad is so much better, now he can to say to his people, see, that’s what you want, they have it and even they don’t like it.

And the Republican Party rides shotgun on all of this just to line their pockets even beyond what they already possess.
            +1

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Correct. Because of the resident Centrist, Fox News, and now the NY Times what used to be 97-3 is now reduced to 50/50 because you have to placate the stupid, ridiculous, and insane as a "side".

Welcome to the new America. And the longer it goes on the worse we become.
              “You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs." No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is [expletive deleted] stupid. Are you kidding me?" I acknowledge that you believe that, that’s great, but I’m not going to respect it. I have an uncle that believes he saw Sasquatch. We do not believe him, nor do we respect him!”
              -Patton Oswalt
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                You can disagree with someone/something without wanting them to die or whatever.
                Why are you equating people being really angry and protesting that they want someone do die?

Just because some fringe people are saying that does not mean everyone does. How do you reach that kind of conclusion???

And, yes, I CAN try to influence what the president does- as he's an elected official, and I can also talk to elected officials that represent me on various district levels, too- to change policy. That's kind of the point of having a representative government.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Why are you equating people being really angry and protesting that they want someone do die?

Just because some fringe people are saying that does not mean everyone does. How do you reach that kind of conclusion???

And, yes, I CAN try to influence what the president does- as he's an elected official, and I can also talk to elected officials that represent me on various district levels, too- to change policy. That's kind of the point of having a representative government.
                  Bring cash
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                    The United States is a threat to Russia.
                    But an even larger threat is democracy – or liberal, western civilization or whatever you want to call it.

Western civilization is defined by its institutions – representative government as a whole, a free and active press, education for all, freedom of expression, meritocracy – upward mobility, free and fair elections, the rule of law, etc.
                    Those are the very things Trump is attacking and dismantling.

Yes, Putin would love for us to cancel specific weapons programs or stop participating in military exercises with our allies but he’s far, far more interested in attacking the institutions that underpin all of that, upon which our entire, society, culture, way of life is based. And that’s exactly what he’s getting via his proxy, Trump.

Discord in the G7? Check
                    Devalued view of NATO? Check
                    Attack the rule of law by belittling judges and the FBI? Check
                    Kill confidence in the media? Fake news, check
                    And the big one, lack of confidence in our elections? In the value of our votes? Check
                    And there’s more but you get idea.

Russia has almost never been free. Monarch, tsar, dictator, autocrat, whatever you want to call it, their history is nothing but authoritarianism. Putin wants nothing more than to maintain and strengthen that. Dictatorship, state-controlled economy, oligarchy, again, whatever you want to call it, he basically wants to take civilization back 500 years, pre-Enlightenment, to when there was a king and his princes that owned and controlled everything and the serfs were happy to have a roof over their heads. But that’s difficult to do when there’s Europe and North America sitting there for the people of Russia to see and aspire to.

Putin knows he can’t defeat that directly. So he’s set out to get us to implode from within. And he’s got the perfect dupe and patsies, Drump and his collection of Orcs. And it has to be working better than he ever could have dreamed. Defeating us would make him look strong but making us look bad is so much better, now he can to say to his people, see, that’s what you want, they have it and even they don’t like it.

And the Republican Party rides shotgun on all of this just to line their pockets even beyond what they already possess.
                    +another

It's not the angry people putin wants, it's how that leads to an authoritarian government. Supporting his own position in his country. dumpy think he can be a strong man just like vlad and kim- but our system is supposed to prevent that.

This level of anger and protest has happened before, and directed first at the Democratic party- back in the 60's thanks to civil rights and Viet Nam peaking roughly at the same time.

The anger can be dealt with.

The attacks on institutions are different this time.

One thing that drew is an example of- you can't judge against your own party. He's stuck his head firmly up his ***, ignoring the deplorable things that are being done to kids, and then calling those of us who voice our feelings over it "extremists". That's really sad- just sucking up to someone like dumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Cause it's all that Fox News is talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Bring cash
                        Gee, thank, moral high ground joe.... I keep waiting to hear how you are upset with kids being taken from their parents, but you just want to make jokes about it.

So much for your "moral" standing.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              . I a million percent reject wanting to kill ice agents or kidnap Barron or anything along those lines. .

But you're perfectly ok with those ICE agents kidnapping Meskin kids and spiriting them away to Florida or NJ or who knows where else.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Gee, thank, moral high ground joe.... I keep waiting to hear how you are upset with kids being taken from their parents, but you just want to make jokes about it.

So much for your "moral" standing.
                                But damm to hell whoever takes a fetus away from its mother. Person should be thrown in jail.

Comment

Working...
                                X