Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proposed rule changes, OT format, top of the list

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    While most games are not on TV most are streamed lived. Those timeouts allow commercials to help pay for the streaming. Last season I watched BU games (men's and women's) played at Maine, Northeastern, BC, UNH and other schools that stream for free and if the timeouts help pay for the streaming I have no problem sitting through them when I am at BU games.

Sean
    The TV timeouts exist for all games to make all games the same. The rule was put in place well before streaming was like it is- and it was because games that had TV coverage had timeouts, and others didn't. Which does make the games very different. Some conferences had a lot of TV games, some had almost none- so the rule was to make all the games the same.

Now it works out to allow advertising.

Comment

A quick google search didn’t show the change to the slashing definition. Anyone have any insight on this?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        A quick google search didn’t show the change to the slashing definition. Anyone have any insight on this?
        I think it's the interpretation. A slash to the body is always a penalty. A tap on the stick and the player drops the stick shouldn't be.

But that's me, not our overlords.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Went back two pages and didn’t notice the any other.
          It was on the top page.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            The TV timeouts exist for all games to make all games the same. The rule was put in place well before streaming was like it is- and it was because games that had TV coverage had timeouts, and others didn't. Which does make the games very different. Some conferences had a lot of TV games, some had almost none- so the rule was to make all the games the same.

Not all leagues did that. The Big Roll-a-D20 might, and I was a little surprised AHC does. ECAC doesn't, with exception to now the 10 minute rule to shovel (they don't do 3 breaks in a period unless it is televised).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              ECAC doesn't, with exception to now the 10 minute rule to shovel (they don't do 3 breaks in a period unless it is televised).
              Every game I was at last season did at least 3 breaks per period... 5/10/15
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I recall that but I never truly bought it since both teams on the ice are playing by the same rule in that game. Teams already play on different rink sizes with which I also have no issue.

But if the stoppages truly bring revenue into smaller market teams then I am more willing to tolerate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                  I recall that but I never truly bought it since both teams on the ice are playing by the same rule in that game. Teams already play on different rink sizes with which I also have no issue.

But if the stoppages truly bring revenue into smaller market teams then I am more willing to tolerate them.
                  It wasn't about the two teams on the ice, it was how the game was different with no TV. For instance, a team that isn't as deep has an advantage for TV games, when the non games they had to deal with the players they had. Those 3 min of known stops per period make a big difference WRT rest. Now all the games are the same, regardless.

Comment

It wasn't about the two teams on the ice, it was how the game was different with no TV. For instance, a team that isn't as deep has an advantage for TV games, when the non games they had to deal with the players they had. Those 3 min of known stops per period make a big difference WRT rest. Now all the games are the same, regardless.
                    Shall we turn off the internet?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      Every game I was at last season did at least 3 breaks per period... 5/10/15
                      You were televised through ESPN3, though.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Shall we turn off the internet?
                        And what does that have to do with the TV time outs making all of the games even across the country? Especially since the rule pre-dates games being streamed by quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          It was on the top page.
                          Actually, now that I look better, there are three threads, make sure you spank the other guy!
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                          X