Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

...Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
    That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
    Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
    And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
    Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
    The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
    That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
    For there is none of you so mean and base,
    That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
    I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
    Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
    Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
      Heartbroken for Japan but holy potatoes what a god**** MATCH
      Agreed, But,.
      IMHO the reason soccer is less than popular in the US is 1. The antics of people like Neymar. and 2. play of teams like the Danes who's team singlehandedly caused 10 million TV sets to turn the channel to watch Mr.Ed re runs..
      And now i'll get down off my high horse.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Soccer isn't popular in the US because we have our own, American sports.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Agreed, But,.
          IMHO the reason soccer is less than popular in the US is 1. The antics of people like Neymar. and 2. play of teams like the Danes who's team singlehandedly caused 10 million TV sets to turn the channel to watch Mr.Ed re runs..
          And now i'll get down off my high horse.
          Red Sox - Yankee 4 hr marathons on ESPN SNB
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Red Sox - Yankee 4 hr marathons on ESPN SNB
            zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Yes and no. That they're 'American' in origin is less relevant than the fact it's what people grew up on. Yet kids 20 and under have had choices to make their entire lives and still grivitate toward the other 4.

Also I sure as heck will run the channel if an NFL or NFL game is putting me to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Yes and no. That they're 'American' in origin is less relevant than the fact it's what people grew up on. Yet kids 20 and under have had choices to make their entire lives and still grivitate toward the other 4.

Also I sure as heck will run the channel if an NFL or NFL game is putting me to sleep.
                And soccer is a much slower version of hockey, which is also a very regional/marginal sport in America.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Soccer will get more popular as the other sports shoot themselves in the feet by catering to TV audiences to the exclusion of the live audience. No TV timeouts is now a novel concept. College football should not be a 4-hour venture. Baseball shouldn't be more than 3. TV timeouts in hockey are just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Soccer will get more popular as the other sports shoot themselves in the feet by catering to TV audiences to the exclusion of the live audience. No TV timeouts is now a novel concept. College football should not be a 4-hour venture. Baseball shouldn't be more than 3. TV timeouts in hockey are just wrong.
                    That certainly is one of the biggest things soccer has going for it...2 hours and it’s done with basically halftime. It’s one of the things that made season tickets easier.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Forsberg scores for Sweden?!?!

Shocked

Comment

@FoxNews: 'Psychic' octopus that predicted Japan's World Cup results killed https://fxn.ws/2tPqyd6
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Add Switzerland to the list of teams with a lot of talent but lacking a true lead man/striker

Comment

Push was outside the box

Comment

Wasn't much contact there at all but game was over anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Add Switzerland to the list of teams with a lot of talent but lacking a true lead man/striker
                                The passing by the Swiss was just off all night. Sweden I think has the better form right now but the Swiss sure didn't help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X