Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

Well...that may lock up Russia advancing.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Well...that may lock up Russia advancing.
      will, no may.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And that'll do it...bye Egypt
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

And that'll do it...bye Egypt
          https://youtu.be/l3w4I-KElxQ
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Fun that Blatter is there today with Putin.
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Fun that Blatter is there today with Putin.
              Thank your paymaster day in St. Petersburg.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                How'd that work our for Radames?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  How'd that work our for Radames?
                  He was in denial.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That Egypt PK is what you’ll see going forward with VAR. If it’s close call it outside and let VAR correct you if needed, offside is similar.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      He was in denial.
                      You are on fire today.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        You are on fire today.
                        I teed one up for you a couple of days ago in the POTUS thread and you took the pitch.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          overall, the refs seem to be doing a pretty good job overall in the tournament...probably easier to look at that objectively as an independent this time around...
                          I (and other referees) have seen things I don’t like but it’s likely things that go unnoticed by the masses but grind my gears a bit:

1 A bunch of fouls but no Persistent Infringement (PI). Most of the games have had big (15-20+ on one team) foul counts but no PI cautions and star players are suffering for it. If a player is being targeted it should be taken care of but it really hasn’t.

2. Holding in the Penalty Area on set pieces. Referees haven’t been calling it, VAR won’t correct it, and the players will keep doing it.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I (and other referees) have seen things I don’t like but it’s likely things that go unnoticed by the masses but grind my gears a bit:

1 A bunch of fouls but no Persistent Infringement (PI). Most of the games have had big (15-20+ on one team) foul counts but no PI cautions and star players are suffering for it. If a player is being targeted it should be taken care of but it really hasn’t.

2. Holding in the Penalty Area on set pieces. Referees haven’t been calling it, VAR won’t correct it, and the players will keep doing it.
                            hard to argue with either point, but I haven't been watching closely enough to be upset about either. Since I'm basically watching at work, its hard to pay that much attention to the less "important" games. I wonder with the card accumulation there is some apprehension to issue cards in game 1 for PI? interesting to see if it ramps up or doesn't change.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

with 15-20 fouls on team, if its relatively even between the 10 guys out there, is there still supposed to be a PI yellow card given to someone?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                with 15-20 fouls on team, if its relatively even between the 10 guys out there, is there still supposed to be a PI yellow card given to someone?
                                Yes, 15-20 fouls on one team is a lot and is a sign that a team is targeting an opposing player or two.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X