Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

What do FIFA, the NFL, MLB & the NCAA have in common?

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...croatia-sweden
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Will fifa fine KSA for allowing (blind eye) the pirate channel to broadcast WC games?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Why are there so many days between the semi finals and final? I don’t recall there being this many days off last time. Though admittedly I am not following very closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Why are there so many days between the semi finals and final? I don’t recall there being this many days off last time. Though admittedly I am not following very closely.
          You must be mistaken, 3 rest days is pretty much the minimum.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Rest. Teams usually get 3-4 days, it's just there's usually other games to fill the gap.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Croatia could use the rest. Shootouts against Denmark, Russia and extra time against the limeys.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Really? Huh. in 2014, my company's Brazil operation was a sponsor and we did a bunch of events around it, and had a bunch of people go, and I don't recall there being this much time between the semis and finals. Though I think when all that was happening it was during the earlier rounds when games were happening daily.

I'm sure both teams could use the rest but I'm of the ilk that these extra days off might kill momentum. But I'm so not invested in this. Not sure why I'm bothering you all with my inane observations.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Really? Huh. in 2014, my company's Brazil operation was a sponsor and we did a bunch of events around it, and had a bunch of people go, and I don't recall there being this much time between the semis and finals. Though I think when all that was happening it was during the earlier rounds when games were happening daily.

I'm sure both teams could use the rest but I'm of the ilk that these extra days off might kill momentum. But I'm so not invested in this. Not sure why I'm bothering you all with my inane observations.
                  2018 semifinals were July 10 and 11, with 3rd place on July 14, Final on July 15
                  2014 semifinals were July 8 and 9, with 3rd place on July 12, Final on July 13
                  2010 semifinals were July 6 and 7, with 3rd place on July 10, Final on July 11

Same schedule timing
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

This is the normal schedule that’s been used since the introduction of the Round of 16 in 1986.

Soccer is a physically demanding sport, these players are putting tens of miles of work on their bodies this tournament, so adequate rest is an absolute necessity. Keep in mind that this will be the third game in 9 days for these teams.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      This is the normal schedule that’s been used since the introduction of the Round of 16 in 1986.

Soccer is a physically demanding sport, these players are putting tens of miles of work on their bodies this tournament, so adequate rest is an absolute necessity. Keep in mind that this will be the third game in 9 days for these teams.
                      Play back to back and force them to rotate the starters!
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Play back to back and force them to rotate the starters!
                        Do you want Germany to win every time? Because this is how Germany wins every time...
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirmed Friday at a press conference the dates for the next edition of the world’s biggest sporting event. The 2022 World Cup will take place in Qatar between November 21 and December 18 of that year, but Infantino refused to specify whether FIFA would expand the field from 32 to 48 teams for the tournament.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/07/fifa-confir...ill-uncertain/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Uggggh

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

As much as I love the event I'd rather they stay at 32 even if it means the US misses the tournament once every 24 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                As much as I love the event I'd rather they stay at 32 even if it means the US misses the tournament once every 24 years.
                                100% agree.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X