Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    You may say 'we haven't needed a well regulated militia since NAs were subdued by the turn of the 19th century'. Hmmm...what does that say about the 2nd altogether?
    Yeah but you might have to fight off ten darkies in the middle of the night trying to rob you. In which case you clearly need a grenade launcher with no background check.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-29-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      You may say 'we haven't needed a well regulated militia since NAs were subdued by the turn of the 19th century'. Hmmm...what does that say about the 2nd altogether?
      Good point, since the entire purpose of the 2nd, and the people's right to bear arms, was so they could be formed into those "well regulated militias".
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Guns are an issue that need be addressed.

But when total societal impacts, and deaths, are the claimed concern of this thread, there's an 800 pound gorilla in the room ... and no thread for it.
        So start one...or ****.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          PS - I'm a mod on a different board. This wouldn't get me a TO; folks going ad hominem against me just might however.
          No one gives a Fark, Mr. "If I throw enough titles around, maybe someone will take me serious." Buckaroo Bonsai you're not.

And your comparison of guns with alcohol is bogus for the same reason comparing guns to cars, football, eating utensils, and other consumer goods is horseshiat.
          Last edited by unofan; 08-29-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Guns are an issue that need be addressed.

But when total societal impacts, and deaths, are the claimed concern of this thread, there's an 800 pound gorilla in the room ... and no thread for it.
            So start one already, if you're not simply trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Yeah but you might have to fight off ten darkies in the middle of the night trying to rob you. In which case you clearly need a grenade launcher with no background check.
              A flame thrower would work, but the danger of collateral damage inside your typical home would be too great.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                A flame thrower would work, but the danger of collateral damage inside your typical home would be too great.
                I mean you'd probably wind up killing yourself but that's true with a lot of gun owners already.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  And your comparison of guns with alcohol is bogus ....
                  ... because you say so.

The CDC says another 29 are dead today (on average) due to alcohol-impaired drivers.

Are we going after the biggest problem we face as a society?
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Go start the alcohol thread you god **** moron.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Go start the alcohol thread you god **** moron.
                      1. Nice ad hominem.
                      2. I did before you even posted (check the time stamps).
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

... because you say so.

The CDC says another 29 are dead today (on average) due to alcohol-impaired drivers.

Are we going after the biggest problem we face as a society?
                        I wish the CDC could do studies on the gun issue. But, alas, we can't have that.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You deserve any ad hom's directed at you for derailing this thread for like 5 pages with low effort concern trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I wish the CDC could do studies on the gun issue. But, alas, we can't have that.
                            Point of order ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

... because you say so.
                              Because one is a mood altering drug and the other is a weapon.

Treating them similarly is like saying we should treat sneakers and diamonds similarly because you can buy both at a shopping mall.

Comment

It only took 20 years. Too bad it's too late for all the people that have died.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X