Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Americans are dying.

You may wish to dismiss it as "stupid" or "false equivalency" but I already made the case that booze is killing Americans at an alarming rate, just as this thread claims guns are, at rates like firearms. And booze has a lobby giving out as much graft as guns. (link previously given)

Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. As someone said, facts, and a source even.

The courts and legislatures are taking on drunk driving, it's stigmatized, the bars are being held to account, it's PSA'd, we're trying, yet, still, 29 per day. Is it time for an outright ban.

And given the dangers of smoking and second hand smoke, why not completely ban that also. That's killing Americans, directly and indirectly, questionable benefits to society, also. As a matter of fact, go back and read this not thinking guns, or booze, but cigarettes (obviously omitting Constitutional references).

After I get your guns, your booze, and your smokes, whatever shall I come for next.
    Where the **** are my grenades?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      God helps those who help themselves. You have a garage, and an internet connection, and a little moxie, don't you?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

What the **** happened to responsibility?

As usual, anti-freedom activists using freedom to create some outlandish situation and then try to make the ends justify the means and ban it, saying people can't control themselves.

Comment

God helps those who help themselves. You have a garage, and an internet connection, and a little moxie, don't you?
          Oh, no. I believe in law and order. My grenades should be as legal as those AK47's Semi-Auto Military style guns with a bump stock.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Oh, no. I believe in law and order. My grenades should be as legal as those AK47's Semi-Auto Military style guns with a bump stock.
            Use it responsibly, respect the freedoms bestowed upon you to others the same, and I have no issue with that. If that's how you want to spend your resources...

Comment

ill bet you could'nt make a bump stock work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                ill bet you could'nt make a bump stock work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I bet I could. I used to work in mechanical design. I wasn't awful at it either.

Comment

I bet I could. I used to work in mechanical design. I wasn't awful at it either.
                  So, then, as the man says ...
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Americans are dying.

You may wish to dismiss it as "stupid" or "false equivalency" but I already made the case that booze is killing Americans at an alarming rate, just as this thread claims guns are, at rates like firearms. And booze has a lobby giving out as much graft as guns. (link previously given)

Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. As someone said, facts, and a source even. How many more Americans are dying a self-inflicted death each day from alcohol not involving a car.

The courts and legislatures are taking on drunk driving, it's stigmatized, the bars are being held to account, it's PSA'd, we're trying, yet, still, 29 per day. Is it time for an outright ban (see Amendment 18).

And given the dangers of smoking and second hand smoke, why not completely ban that also. That's killing Americans, directly and indirectly, something with questionable benefits to society, also. As a matter of fact, go back and read this not thinking guns, or booze, but cigarettes (obviously omitting Constitutional references).

After I get your guns, your booze, and your smokes, whatever shall I come for next.
                    Except you don't actually want to ban booze and are being a low effort troll per usual. Alcohol provides far greater utility to society and I don't think anyone in this thread has ever mentioned wanting to ban guns altogether. So again, you're making a dumb comparison on top of a strawman. Typical Republican nonsensical argument.

Seriously, $h!t posting like this would get you a timeout on other forums. It's not like you're breaking new ground here, the vast majority of sane people want tighter gun laws because we have some of the most lax in the world and we have far more mass shootings than any other country. We can pretend that our gun laws work better than all of our allies and other developed nations despite all evidence indicating otherwise... or actually engage our brains and realize that's clearly not the case.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-29-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Except you don't actually want to ban booze and are being a low effort troll per usual. Alcohol provides far greater utility to society and I don't think anyone in this thread has ever mentioned wanting to ban guns altogether. So again, you're making a dumb comparison on top of a strawman. Typical Republican nonsensical argument.

Seriously, $h!t posting like this would get you a timeout on other forums. It's not like you're breaking new ground here, the vast majority of sane people want tighter gun laws because we have some of the most lax in the world and we have far more mass shootings than any other country. We can pretend that our gun laws work better than all of our allies and other developed nations despite all evidence indicating otherwise... or actually engage our brains and realize that's clearly not the case.
                      While I don't often agree with Sicatoka, what on earth about his post would get him a timeout on other forums?

Comment

Americans are dying.

Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. As someone said, facts, and a source even. How many more Americans are dying a self-inflicted death each day from alcohol not involving a car.

The courts and legislatures are taking on drunk driving, it's stigmatized, the bars are being held to account, it's PSA'd, we're trying, yet, still, 29 per day. Is it time for an outright ban (see Amendment 18).

And given the dangers of smoking and second hand smoke, why not completely ban that also. That's killing Americans, directly and indirectly, something with questionable benefits to society, also. As a matter of fact, go back and read this not thinking guns, or booze, but cigarettes (obviously omitting Constitutional references).

And again (because you cant seem to actually read anything) booze is regulated, laws are changed to try and curb the deaths caused. Guns arent because nutjobs like you and your friends make stupid arguments like this one and a certain segment of the population eats it for breakfast.

Here is a tip Mr. "On the Board of Directors, Have Security Clearance Trying to Save Us From the Harmful EMPs" Troll, if you want to use an analogy, use one that actually parallels. The more you beat this moronic drum the more you ook like a gun humper, and sound like a Trump lover. (cause this is how stupid they are) Your point was valid the first time, the second everyoe pointed out the holes and flaws that is when you stop. Just repeating yourself doesnt all of a sudden make it true. It makes you a troll, and a dumb one at that. Christ even SJHovey is against you he is hardly some gun hating *******...

We arent coming for your guns, we never have been and we never will be. Your fear-mongering makes you seem weak.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Except you don't actually want to ban booze and are being a low effort troll per usual. Alcohol provides far greater utility to society ...
                          Are you sure? I have precedent (A18) and I've been broadsided by a drunk driver. I survived.

As far as your second statement, 29 vehicular alcohol related deaths per day, and then there's this from the CDC:

Drinking too much can harm your health. Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years. Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink.
                          Tell me again about "far greater utility to society".

PS - I'm a mod on a different board. This wouldn't get me a TO; folks going ad hominem against me just might however.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            And again (because you cant seem to actually read anything) booze is regulated, laws are changed to try and curb the deaths caused. Guns arent because nutjobs like you and your friends make stupid arguments like this one and a certain segment of the population eats it for breakfast.
                            Guns and booze are both regulated to little avail. And the laws keep trying to adapt and keep up.

Americans are still dying from misuse of both.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              While I don't often agree with Sicatoka, what on earth about his post would get him a timeout on other forums?
                              There are boards that would take his repeating the same post over and over again as trolling. Plenty of boards ban trolling. Those boards such and are boring and I never go to them anymore. They do exist though.

At least before Sicatoka hid it better. Nowadays he is just lazy. Maybe having clowns like Flaggy and Drew around made him rethink his trolling actions.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                We arent coming for your guns, we never have been and we never will be. Your fear-mongering makes you seem weak.
                                What fear-mongering?

I'm showing another item (items?) that, for whatever reason, we put up with when we know it's harming society. Folks have said it here: nobody needs a gun. Well, nobody needs booze or smokes either.

We as a society need to take a good hard look in the mirror and decide who we want to be. We need to look at all of our vices.
                                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-29-2018, 09:07 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X