Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    @AugensteinWTOP: New: President Trump issues a proclamation, ordering flags be flown at half-staff, in tribute to #CapitalGazette victims. https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP/s...643904/photo/1
    Whatever changed his mind...good.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Whatever changed his mind...good.
      Still basically the equivalent of "thoughts and prayers", though.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
        . there's no way to implement it in a fair and even handed way.
        Fair and even handed way??
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Still basically the equivalent of "thoughts and prayers", though.
          Given that they're members of the press, is there anything more you would ever expect from the Thin-Skinned One?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Fair and even handed way??
            Yeah, you know, a system where Mrs. Stepford from the suburb and Mr. Thomas from the projects both get the death penalty for murder. Instead of just the latter.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Honestly, on this one issue the Church really isn't hypocritical. Joe's protestations not withstanding, in practice the Church is pro life, and it means it. It's pretty much universally against both abortion and the death penalty on the grounds that all life is sacred.

To the extent that is at least a consistent moral message, I can respect it even if I disagree.
                It's good you clarified that. Being serious.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Yeah, you know, a system where Mrs. Stepford from the suburb and Mr. Thomas from the projects both get the death penalty for murder. Instead of just the latter.
                  I can’t believe you, of all people, are discounting lawyers and their role.
                  Or should all lawyers work for free (even the good ones )
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    I can’t believe you, of all people, are discounting lawyers and their role.
                    Or should all lawyers work for free (even the good ones )
                    My wife's one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the state. But there's only so much she can do when racist cops and racist juries are involved.

Thankfully Iowa doesn't have the death penalty.

Comment

My wife's one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the state. But there's only so much she can do when racist cops and racist juries are involved.

Thankfully Iowa doesn't have the death penalty.
                      She must be good if she's done nothing more than keep you out of jail.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        She must be good if she's done nothing more than keep you out of jail.
                        I'm a white upper class heterosexual male. That doesn't exactly take much doing.

However, counting lesser includeds as wins, she hasn't lost a trial in over 2.5 years.

Comment

I'm a white upper class heterosexual male. That doesn't exactly take much doing.
                          We've gotten a glimpse of your troubled mind, though, so there's that.

Comment

Don't know where else to put this, but Chicago protesters are shutting down a highway for a march.

One of their demands is stricter gun laws in Chicago.

Pssssst: many of your guns aren't coming from there, and also, how about curbing gang bullsh*?
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Considering the last two years, Chicago should put up a wall and make Indiana pay for it.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Considering the last two years, Chicago should put up a wall and make Indiana pay for it.
                                WI, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X