Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940
Results 781 to 796 of 796

Thread: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

  1. #781
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,505

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Nobody that can do simple math will agree alternatives are about to take over. We have not left the base load of coal behind, what they have done is use natty gas instead .

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    'In places with competitive procurement of energy and good renewable resources, renewables are crushing fossil fuels, even natural gas. Every market like that is a leading wedge, allowing the industry to scale up faster and drive down costs in other markets. In Colorado, getting energy from new renewable energy projects with storage is cheaper than getting it from existing coal plants. Coal is dead.'

    https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...-energy-future

    'Xcel energy will have 55% of its power from renewables in 8 years. Its retiring coal ahead of schedule.'

    https://www.powermag.com/xcel-will-r...n-latest-plan/

    Gun supporters better watch over their shoulder. The world changes in a hurry.
    Go Gophers!

  2. #782
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    20,862

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I've said before I'd like to have a reshaped US Military, a military of last resort: Keep it home, in the shed, until there's no other choice, for when the talking just isn't working; however, at that point it gets released and it is predatory. When its mission is complete, back home in the shed.
    And cede influence in the world to Russia and China. Good plan.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  3. #783
    Ozuye Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    13,932

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    And cede influence in the world to Russia and China. Good plan.
    Carrot or stick. I really don't want "influence" because we park military hardware in someone's front yard (harbor); seems a veiled threat in a way. I'd rather have friends and trading partners. ... and a military (back home) that is so lean and ruthless that I pray I never have to unleash it.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-07-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  4. #784
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    34,809

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    'In places with competitive procurement of energy and good renewable resources, renewables are crushing fossil fuels, even natural gas. Every market like that is a leading wedge, allowing the industry to scale up faster and drive down costs in other markets. In Colorado, getting energy from new renewable energy projects with storage is cheaper than getting it from existing coal plants. Coal is dead.'

    https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...-energy-future

    'Xcel energy will have 55% of its power from renewables in 8 years. Its retiring coal ahead of schedule.'

    https://www.powermag.com/xcel-will-r...n-latest-plan/

    Gun supporters better watch over their shoulder. The world changes in a hurry.
    So they shutdown 700mw of coal and add 700mw of natty gas.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  5. #785
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,505

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So they shutdown 700mw of coal and add 700mw of natty gas.
    Where do you get your news from? Natural gas is dropping from 28% to 23% of source as renewables are nearly doubling to over 50%. https://www.xcelenergy.com/staticfil...Fact-Sheet.pdf
    Go Gophers!

  6. #786
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    34,809

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Where do you get your news from? Natural gas is dropping from 28% to 23% of source as renewables are nearly doubling to over 50%. https://www.xcelenergy.com/staticfil...Fact-Sheet.pdf
    I see the phrase in your article "if implemented" , Have they started yet?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,505

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I see the phrase in your article "if implemented" , Have they started yet?
    The fact sheet was from before CO approvals. The state signed off on it a week and a half ago. Its happening.
    Go Gophers!

  8. #788
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    34,809

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    The fact sheet was from before CO approvals. The state signed off on it a week and a half ago. Its happening.
    Be interesting to see if the projected numbers work out in the time frame. Permitting in Maine for wind projects takes time.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  9. #789
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,070

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I'd rather have friends and trading partners. ...
    Trump seems intent on narrowing that list to Russia, China and NK at the expense of Canada, Mexico, Europe...

  10. #790

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,192

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    A poem about friendship.

    The Thousandth Man
    By Rudyard Kipling

    One man in a thousand, Solomon says,
    Will stick more close than a brother.
    And it’s worth while seeking him half your days
    If you find him before the other.
    Nine hundred and ninety-nine depend
    On what the world sees in you,
    But the Thousandth Man will stand your friend
    With the whole round world agin you.

    ‘Tis neither promise nor prayer nor show
    Will settle the finding for ‘ee.
    Nine hundred and ninety-nine of ’em go
    By your looks or your acts or your glory.
    But if he finds you and you find him,
    The rest of the world don’t matter;
    For the Thousandth Man will sink or swim
    With you in any water.

    You can use his purse with no more talk
    Than he uses yours for his spendings,
    And laugh and meet in your daily walk
    As though there had been no lendings.
    Nine hundred and ninety-nine of ’em call
    For silver and gold in their dealings;
    But the Thousandth Man he’s worth ’em all,
    Because you can show him your feelings.

    His wrong’s your wrong, and his right’s your right,
    In season or out of season.
    Stand up and back it in all men’s sight—
    With that for your only reason!
    Nine hundred and ninety-nine can’t bide
    The shame or mocking or laughter,
    But the Thousandth Man will stand by your side
    To the gallows-foot—and after!

  11. #791
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    28,428

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Good guys with guns, amiright?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,505

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    But if you take away the guns...people would just use firemen's axes.
    Go Gophers!

  13. #793

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,192

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    I thought moving to Canada was the answer??

    https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/12/p...protest-trump/

  14. #794
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,124

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    They're anti-gun, unless it means going after those who disagree... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oJi7Qne00
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    7,695

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    They're anti-gun, unless it means going after those who disagree... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oJi7Qne00
    The cool think about media access these days is that you always have another fifth-grader to cite in support of any position, no matter how dumb. You're never alone.

    And being alone, with globalists and terrorists behind every rock, is scary. Very scary.

  16. #796
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,124

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... an unalloyed false flag. https://www.infowars.com/professor-w...s-actual-goal/
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •