Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Apparently this guy really needed that psyche eval.
    And, even at an advanced age, he's not shooting blanks.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Lmao Drew is completely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        he's glad Trump is in office because he was worried that he'd be deemed mentally incompetent and then Obama would come for his gunz

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          he's glad Trump is in office because he was worried that he'd be deemed mentally incompetent and then Obama would come for his gunz
          Can't imagine why they'd think that

But in all seriousness being deemed legally incompetent is not a quick easy process that just happens to anyone. There are various checks and balances along the way including independent psychiatric evaluation(s) as well as a mandatory investigation from adult protective services.

Comment

Obama's coming for his guns. Give the guy a break.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Can't imagine why they'd think that

But in all seriousness being deemed legally incompetent is not a quick easy process that just happens to anyone. There are various checks and balances along the way including independent psychiatric evaluation(s) as well as a mandatory investigation from adult protective services.
              But see, Drew thought "mentally incompetent to manage their finances" was the same as not being able to balance a checkbook. .
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Know the facts: https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/elder-abuse
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  You do realize we live in a post facts world, right? Seriously dude. Look at who's in the White House.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    You do realize we live in a post facts world, right? Seriously dude. Look at who's in the White House.
                    They are not our teachers
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yeah we all know what elder abuse is, what's your point?

Comment

Yeah we all know what elder abuse is, what's your point?
                        The point is the elders get to stand their ground like everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          You must think elder abuse is a myth. I know people who work in that area and it most definitely isn’t. I noticed the story completely ignores his side of what happened.
                          As someone who frequently cares for the elderly...they are the last people you want to have a gun when they become delirious. A mild urinary tract infection in a healthy 50 year old can be absolutely devastating in a 80 y/o. They can become absolutely psychotic, violent, aggressive to staff and family members. But sure...give them their guns.
                          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                            As someone who frequently cares for the elderly...they are the last people you want to have a gun when they become delirious. A mild urinary tract infection in a healthy 50 year old can be absolutely devastating in a 80 y/o. They can become absolutely psychotic, violent, aggressive to staff and family members. But sure...give them their guns.
                            My mom had a UTI while being cared for as an Alzheimer's patient. She was 70 years old and it took three aides to subdue all 5'0" of her. Granted, she was a strong woman, but she was still barely 5'0" tall and 70yo.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

But if she had a gun she could take on the three guards and be charged with attempted murder you see.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                My mom had a UTI while being cared for as an Alzheimer's patient. She was 70 years old and it took three aides to subdue all 5'0" of her. Granted, she was a strong woman, but she was still barely 5'0" tall and 70yo.
                                Our hospital has a "code violet" which calls in police muscle when patients become violent. It is often an unfortunate escalation as it takes an already scared patient who is mostly reacting in a fight or flight way and turns it up a notch. But I am happy that there are no guns involved...

I try to avoid that whenever possible, however if my nursing staff or the patient are in danger, there is often little choice. I have frequently had to dodge the fist of a octogenarian while trying to calm a delirious patient down before things escalate. It is often the first time the family sees a patient that out of their mind and it is a very scary experience. The patients come out of it, of course, with treatment of their underlying illness but it can takes weeks to months to return to normal (and often will not happen in the hospital or skilled nursing facility because of the difference in their surroundings).
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X