Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

A radio station in MADison, WI, had a shooting today. WORT FM. Nobody killed, but a DJ won't be able to sit on his *** all day, doing nothing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/us/ra...ort/index.html
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      A radio station in MADison, WI, had a shooting today. WORT FM. Nobody killed, but a DJ won't be able to sit on his *** all day, doing nothing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/us/ra...ort/index.html
      Have they yet blamed the right, like they tried to do with Annapolis? I'd watch out for these false flags, as they're trying to set a precedent with Acosta's rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Have they yet blamed the right, like they tried to do with Annapolis? I'd watch out for these false flags, as they're trying to set a precedent with Acosta's rhetoric.
        With exception to your conspiracy BS thoughts, the answers to any valid questions you might have are there for you in the link.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Very interesting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1dcc61eac302
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            You must really enjoy having your head lodged up your ***.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Not much of a surprise. Most gun owners are decent people. It would be interesting to see more research into guns that are ‘stolen.’
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Well, it's not quite a Blazing Saddles remake, but it tried:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ridiculous_6
                It was a western. That's about all it had in common with Blazing Saddles.

I will admit, it was better than I thought it would be, but that is not saying much at all.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Not much of a surprise. Most gun owners are decent people. It would be interesting to see more research into guns that are ‘stolen.’
                  You failed to include irresponsible in there somehow. Super frickin duper irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    You failed to include irresponsible in there somehow. Super frickin duper irresponsible.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My main beef with gun owners. Too many are irresponsible and don't follow basic safety rules.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My main beef with gun owners. Too many are irresponsible and don't follow basic safety rules.
                      Coupled with that, carriers are typically very self centered. Often, they are afraid to go out their front door or cowboys waiting for the opportunity to kill them some injuns. Increased risk for others is of no concern.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The inability to follow safety rules should not mean that they should be completely barred, especially if exception is given to those who "have the gold".

My biggest concern are these people with fascist tendencies, coupled with the "false flag" events. Once again, "false flag" does not mean that it was faked, nor does it mean "crisis actors". These events actually happen. The true motive behind them, however, are for political gain in trampling rights, by using the human's instinct to fear to their advantage. In these cases, there are more victims than those killed or wounded.

Comment

Yeah, decent people who can't keep their own **** together.

One of the more concerning findings in the study was that for the majority of guns recovered (62 percent), "the place where the owner lost possession of the firearm was unknown."

"We have a lot of people with a lot of guns," Fabio said, referencing statistics on the large number of guns in circulation. "And some of them aren't keeping track of them for different reasons — maybe because they have a lot of them and they don't use them that often."

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Yeah, decent people who can't keep their own **** together.
                            See last sentence of my post. The stat they throw out doesn’t really provide any context. I’d be curious what actually happened in those cases. Did someone have their whole house robbed or just a few guns? What is the time period when all these alleged crimes occurred? How many guns over time have these alleged crime victims purchased? I’d bet quite a few of those folks are straw purchasers who haven’t been caught yet.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

See last sentence of my post. The stat they throw out doesn’t really provide any context. I’d be curious what actually happened in those cases. Did someone have their whole house robbed or just a few guns? What is the time period when all these alleged crimes occurred? How many guns over time have these alleged crime victims purchased? I’d bet quite a few of those folks are straw purchasers who haven’t been caught yet.
                              When it's "unknown," like the first sentence of the quote posted from the article, that's not generally a burglary that's wiping out the house; owners will report those guns as stolen. In 62% of those lost/stolen guns, the location of the loss/theft could not be identified by the owners. If I'm carrying a weapon, I'm going to know whether or not it's on my body from the time I strap on the holster to the time I put it in my gun safe at night.

Get your **** together, gun owners.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                When it's "unknown," like the first sentence of the quote posted from the article, that's not generally a burglary that's wiping out the house; owners will report those guns as stolen. In 62% of those lost/stolen guns, the location of the loss/theft could not be identified by the owners. If I'm carrying a weapon, I'm going to know whether or not it's on my body from the time I strap on the holster to the time I put it in my gun safe at night.

Get your **** together, gun owners.
                                Do you do anything to the person with an unregistered weapon who fires at a picnic full of kids?

I think we've all lost sight of something that has happened along the way (then again - maybe not). Life, instead of being treated as an asset, is being treated as fungible goods. If we value life, then using a weapon to settle arguments would be greatly diminished.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X