Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Yeah, seems like the only question in this outcome is death or life without parole. There will be an insanity defense probably or maybe incompetence to stand trial.
    MD doesn't have the death penalty. In a case like this, I wish they did.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Although no one really has the numbers to prove it, many people feel that imposing the death penalty costs more than LWOP. As such, I'm against the death penalty.

My proposal would be LWOP in Hospice. You are fed, housed, and made comfortable. Good luck with your Hep C. Developed pneumonia, hope your immune system works. Got the $hitE kicked out of you on the block, here's something for the pain. Probably won't fly with "cruel and unusual" but seems like a good idea in these types of cases.
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
        Although no one really has the numbers to prove it, many people feel that imposing the death penalty costs more than LWOP. As such, I'm against the death penalty.

My proposal would be LWOP in Hospice. You are fed, housed, and made comfortable. Good luck with your Hep C. Developed pneumonia, hope your immune system works. Got the $hitE kicked out of you on the block, here's something for the pain. Probably won't fly with "cruel and unusual" but seems like a good idea in these types of cases.
        Due to appeals and such, I've heard the same thing about the death penalty vs LWOP. While this is a heinous crime, I don't think it's heinous enough for the chair. It's said that one has to clarify that, unfortunately that is the world we live in....
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Oh.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Yeah, seems like the only question in this outcome is death or life without parole. There will be an insanity defense probably or maybe incompetence to stand trial.
            Being sociopath shouldn't necessarily distinguish levels of culpability, and this dickbag knew perfectly well what he was doing. It's a d@mn shame he won't get a hot shot in Maryland.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Either way, prison (and I'm FOR the death penalty in certain cases).
              If it’s not okay to hate Nazis why is it okay to kill murderers? Hate breeds hate you know?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                If it’s not okay to hate Nazis why is it okay to kill murderers? Hate breeds hate you know?
                It's not hate. So you can stop with that angle. You molest a child? You're in the chair. No emotion involved. Performed a certain crime, knowing the punishment? You're punished. Easy peasy. Cut and dry.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  It's not hate. So you can stop with that angle. You molest a child? You're in the chair. No emotion involved. Performed a certain crime, knowing the punishment? You're punished. Easy peasy. Cut and dry.
                  Molest one child, chair. Kill five people, jail. Makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    Molest one child, chair. Kill five people, jail. Makes sense...
                    Ask lifers: even they have a special punishment for someone who messes with kids.

For me, the guilty offenders (read that carefully; there have been a few wrongfully accused, such as the Mankato State coach not too long ago) don't deserve a single moment of emotion from me.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Wait - we're not allowed to hate Nazis now? Double-you tee eff?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        BassAle is baiting. No, not 'bating.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Nope. No hate. Ever. Any circumstance.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Nope. No hate. Ever. Any circumstance.
                            "Kumbaya, my lord...……….Kumbaya"
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              When one gets into the habit of declaring anyone who disagrees with him/her a Nazi, it speaks volumes.

Comment

Acts like a Nazi, it's a Nazi. Pretty simple, really.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X