Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    What about the words "well regulated militia" says totally unregulated?

It is you who advocates violating the 2nd amendment.
    What about the word "arms"? That's all encompassing right? Nukes, Mortars, Grenades, etc.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

What about the words "well regulated militia" says totally unregulated?

It is you who advocates violating the 2nd amendment.
      "well regulated" isn't the action clause of that statement. "militia" is the only part of it that matters.

And since individual people aren't part of a "militia", their arms cannot be "well regulated". That's the gun nuts' argument.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        What about the word "arms"? That's all encompassing right? Nukes, Mortars, Grenades, etc.
        Flamethrowers. You forgot flamethrowers.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          "well regulated" isn't the action clause of that statement. "militia" is the only part of it that matters.

And since individual people aren't part of a "militia", their arms cannot be "well regulated". That's the gun nuts' argument.
          The 2nd is one of the most misinterpreted/abused pieces of US legislation ever produced. "Well regulated militia" is the end state and "right to bear arms" is an enabler. Anything that does't result in a well regulated militia is not protected by the US constitution.

The abuse started with the 'fear of the negro'...and it was extended towards the end of Vietnam by the 'fear of the lefty radical'. Neither of which has anything to do with a well regulated militia to protect from the abuses of government. Indeed, Donald Trump, who has openly advocated getting rid of term limits and weakening checks and balances, is exactly the reason that the 2nd was created - but it is now a weapon used by the powers it was meant to protect against.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Not as fun as a grenade launcher.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The 2nd is one of the most misinterpreted/abused pieces of US legislation ever produced. "Well regulated militia" is the end state and "right to bear arms" is an enabler. Anything that does't result in a well regulated militia is not protected by the US constitution.

The abuse started with the 'fear of the negro'...and it was extended towards the end of Vietnam by the 'fear of the lefty radical'. Neither of which has anything to do with a well regulated militia to protect from the abuses of government. Indeed, Donald Trump, who has openly advocated getting rid of term limits and weakening checks and balances, is exactly the reason that the 2nd was created - but it is now a weapon used by the powers it was meant to protect against.
              Actually, it was "fear of the negro" that created the gun control in the first place.

Comment

The second amendment has been twisted into bits to create fear in people who think they need to be armed. Which has made massive amounts of profits for arms makers here in the US.

Suckers.

Comment

Here ya go, folks!!

https://www.itargetpro.com/
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Screw the grenade launcher, I want mortars. Maybe an anti-aircraft missile launcher.
                    I want to outfit my car with weapons like Twisted Metal. Can I do that?
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      The second amendment has been twisted into bits to create fear in people who think they need to be armed. Which has made massive amounts of profits for arms makers here in the US.

Suckers.
                      Not sure it's the second amendment that's creating the fear. We have the amendment. We hope not to have to use it and would rather use the first (hence why it's listed first), but "Plan B" is what it is, and is there if necessary. Only ones that fear the 2nd are those that would take heavy advantage if it weren't there, and are creating all these false flags and straw men to get people like you to react the way you are. Only reason the arms makers have profited recently is because, for too long, we have taken th eamendments for granted, and now in today's world, we begin to see the true value of them. At least, for the time being, they're still there.

Comment

Boring.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          I want to outfit my car with weapons like Twisted Metal. Can I do that?
                          Surprised you wouldn't want the Cherub Missile from the last mission of Interstate '76...

Yes, you could. Might bankrupt you, but it's possible, if it would help to alleviate your obtuse mindset.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Boring.
                            Well done, sir! Well done!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Here ya go, folks!!

https://www.itargetpro.com/
                              Of course there's an app for that. Seems like you'd spend more time with the calibration, and that it'd be better to just go to a range and do the real thing. Next false flag attack, I'd put money on that app being found on the "confiscated" cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Not as fun as a grenade launcher.
                                Grenade launcher is legal, the grenades are not

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X