Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    One suspect dead at the scene. Still haven't ruled out others.

Witnesses saying it was someone who had lost a match, left, and came back armed.
    Attitudes towards guns is the issue, yet again. Step one: get mad at something. Step two: shoot it. *sigh*
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Witnesses saying it was someone who had lost a match, left, and came back armed.
      I'm sure he was a well adjusted lad but had some problems and people around him either didn't know about the gun or didn't think having the gun could potentially be a problem.
      "He just snapped."
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Attitudes towards guns is the issue, yet again. Step one: get mad at something. Step two: shoot it. *sigh*
        Wasn't there a step where he actually got the gun? You don't shoot people if you're mad with no gun.

Step one: get mad at something. Step two: get gun. Step three: shoot it.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Wasn't there a step where he actually got the gun? You don't shoot people if you're mad with no gun.

Step one: get mad at something. Step two: get gun. Step three: shoot it.
          You can still acquire a gun if you're determined enough. Legally or otherwise. It still boils down to your attitude, and thinking that shooting something solves anything.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Oh My God, I lost a freaking video game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Is it confirmed that the shooter was a participant in the Madden tourney? I'm just not seeing any official comment regarding the shooter other than he was a white male and was killed (no mention if it was suicide or police involved). The Mayor of Jacksonville along with the PD will make a statement later this evening...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'm just pretending this didn't happen. Too much other Scheiße going down today.

Comment

Shooter confirmed as 24 year old white male who had been defeated in the tournament.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

The Twitch.tv clip has a moment where one of the players has a laser spot on his chest.

He’s apparently one of the people who died.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      The Twitch.tv clip has a moment where one of the players has a laser spot on his chest.

He’s apparently one of the people who died.
                      Good God.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Good God.
                        But it's the attitude, not the tools...

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          But it's the attitude, not the tools...
                          It is. I hate to resort to this, but the Mollie case, it was blame the attitude, not the tools/illegal immigrant. Now it's blame the tools in this shooting? How about blame the attitude? That's what drove this nut to kill.

Edit: NOTE: I do blame the attitude in the Mollie case, just to be clear.

Comment

But without the tool, you can't do much, no matter what the attitude is.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              He still would have found a way to hurt/kill/etc.

I dunno if he was clinically unstable, but there's a checkmark that needs to be improved upon re: gun laws.

Stop with the narrative that changes to one's desires. Be consistent. That's the point of my previous post.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Tell that to people in Toronto.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X