Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Nobody that can do simple math will agree alternatives are about to take over. We have not left the base load of coal behind, what they have done is use natty gas instead .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    'In places with competitive procurement of energy and good renewable resources, renewables are crushing fossil fuels, even natural gas. Every market like that is a leading wedge, allowing the industry to scale up faster and drive down costs in other markets. In Colorado, getting energy from new renewable energy projects with storage is cheaper than getting it from existing coal plants. Coal is dead.'

https://www.vo*****/energy-and-envir...-energy-future

'Xcel energy will have 55% of its power from renewables in 8 years. Its retiring coal ahead of schedule.'

https://www.powermag.com/xcel-will-r...n-latest-plan/

Gun supporters better watch over their shoulder. The world changes in a hurry.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      I've said before I'd like to have a reshaped US Military, a military of last resort: Keep it home, in the shed, until there's no other choice, for when the talking just isn't working; however, at that point it gets released and it is predatory. When its mission is complete, back home in the shed.
      And cede influence in the world to Russia and China. Good plan.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        And cede influence in the world to Russia and China. Good plan.
        Carrot or stick. I really don't want "influence" because we park military hardware in someone's front yard (harbor); seems a veiled threat in a way. I'd rather have friends and trading partners. ... and a military (back home) that is so lean and ruthless that I pray I never have to unleash it.
        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-07-2018, 12:18 PM.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          'In places with competitive procurement of energy and good renewable resources, renewables are crushing fossil fuels, even natural gas. Every market like that is a leading wedge, allowing the industry to scale up faster and drive down costs in other markets. In Colorado, getting energy from new renewable energy projects with storage is cheaper than getting it from existing coal plants. Coal is dead.'

https://www.vo*****/energy-and-envir...-energy-future

'Xcel energy will have 55% of its power from renewables in 8 years. Its retiring coal ahead of schedule.'

https://www.powermag.com/xcel-will-r...n-latest-plan/

Gun supporters better watch over their shoulder. The world changes in a hurry.
          So they shutdown 700mw of coal and add 700mw of natty gas.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

So they shutdown 700mw of coal and add 700mw of natty gas.
            Where do you get your news from? Natural gas is dropping from 28% to 23% of source as renewables are nearly doubling to over 50%. https://www.xcelenergy.com/staticfil...Fact-Sheet.pdf
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Where do you get your news from? Natural gas is dropping from 28% to 23% of source as renewables are nearly doubling to over 50%. https://www.xcelenergy.com/staticfil...Fact-Sheet.pdf
              I see the phrase in your article "if implemented" , Have they started yet?

Comment

I see the phrase in your article "if implemented" , Have they started yet?
                The fact sheet was from before CO approvals. The state signed off on it a week and a half ago. Its happening.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

The fact sheet was from before CO approvals. The state signed off on it a week and a half ago. Its happening.
                  Be interesting to see if the projected numbers work out in the time frame. Permitting in Maine for wind projects takes time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    I'd rather have friends and trading partners. ...
                    Trump seems intent on narrowing that list to Russia, China and NK at the expense of Canada, Mexico, Europe...

Comment

A poem about friendship.

The Thousandth Man
                      By Rudyard Kipling

One man in a thousand, Solomon says,
                      Will stick more close than a brother.
                      And it’s worth while seeking him half your days
                      If you find him before the other.
                      Nine hundred and ninety-nine depend
                      On what the world sees in you,
                      But the Thousandth Man will stand your friend
                      With the whole round world agin you.

‘Tis neither promise nor prayer nor show
                      Will settle the finding for ‘ee.
                      Nine hundred and ninety-nine of ’em go
                      By your looks or your acts or your glory.
                      But if he finds you and you find him,
                      The rest of the world don’t matter;
                      For the Thousandth Man will sink or swim
                      With you in any water.

You can use his purse with no more talk
                      Than he uses yours for his spendings,
                      And laugh and meet in your daily walk
                      As though there had been no lendings.
                      Nine hundred and ninety-nine of ’em call
                      For silver and gold in their dealings;
                      But the Thousandth Man he’s worth ’em all,
                      Because you can show him your feelings.

His wrong’s your wrong, and his right’s your right,
                      In season or out of season.
                      Stand up and back it in all men’s sight—
                      With that for your only reason!
                      Nine hundred and ninety-nine can’t bide
                      The shame or mocking or laughter,
                      But the Thousandth Man will stand by your side
                      To the gallows-foot—and after!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Good guys with guns, amiright?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          But if you take away the guns...people would just use firemen's axes.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

I thought moving to Canada was the answer??

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/12/p...protest-trump/
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They're anti-gun, unless it means going after those who disagree... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oJi7Qne00

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                They're anti-gun, unless it means going after those who disagree... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oJi7Qne00
                                The cool think about media access these days is that you always have another fifth-grader to cite in support of any position, no matter how dumb. You're never alone.

And being alone, with globalists and terrorists behind every rock, is scary. Very scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X