Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    If you're going to bring up lobbies and deaths, context and comparison is needed.
    No. It's apples and oranges. Intent matters.

Now give me my ****ing grenades.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Until then ... 29 a day. Where's the outrage.

Why aren't these guys (29 per day) pounded on as hard as other lobbying groups.
      I think it's a little intellectually dishonest to suggest there isn't outrage over drunk driving. I think there has been a lot of outrage over drunk driving, and as a result of that outrage laws have been passed that have had a pretty significant impact on the amount of drunk driving deaths that have occurred in this country. Last I saw it had dropped by something like half since my days in college.

Now, some of that may be due to improved safety of automobiles, but I can also tell you from personal, anecdotal experience that my friends, family and me personally are much more conscious of intoxication levels before deciding to drive.

Now, I'm sure some will use drunk driving as a poster child for how we should address the gun problem. Personally, I think those people are just as wrong.

First, we took drunk driving from being essentially a traffic offense for which you would get a fine to a very serious crime for which you can be jailed and which can cost you thousands in terms of ignition interlocks, etc... We've always sent you to jail for taking a gun into a nightclub and shooting a bunch of people.

Second, the current gun control crowd is always about things like banning AK-47's or high volume magazines. That would be like banning beer before you drive, but not the consumption of hard alcohol. Yeah, it might cause a few people not to drink and drive, but it's not coming close to addressing the problem.

I've posted here before that if you want to really do something about gun deaths, you better be prepared to go to the mat and impose a ban on guns. Not just on a single make of guns, but on guns themselves. Then you will see change.

All those people whining about no ban on the AK-47 yet have been quick to tweet about this latest shooting even though such a ban would have had ZERO impact on it.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So, Hovey, you're saying to make a difference revoke Amendment 2 and revoke Amendment 21*.

*A18 becomes law of the land again.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Cause Prohibition worked so well the 1st time...
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

So, Hovey, you're saying to make a difference revoke Amendment 2 and revoke Amendment 21*.

*A18 becomes law of the land again.
            Not at all.

Both guns and alcohol are lawful products, and have a legitimate use. When abused they can result in harm.

I haven't, and don't, advocate for a complete ban of either alcohol or guns. I advocate for strict penalties applied to those who abuse or misuse alcohol or guns.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Court records obtained by The Associated Press show that a man accused of killing two people and then himself at a video gaming competition in Florida had been hospitalized for mental illness.
              Divorce filings from the parents of 24-year-old David Katz of Baltimore say that as a teenager he was twice hospitalized in psychiatric facilities and that he was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications.
              Yippee
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Court records obtained by The Associated Press show that a man accused of killing two people and then himself at a video gaming competition in Florida had been hospitalized for mental illness.
                Divorce filings from the parents of 24-year-old David Katz of Baltimore say that as a teenager he was twice hospitalized in psychiatric facilities and that he was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications.
                Yippee
                I wont name names but you know who is proud the kid was armed.

Comment

Yippee
                  Anyone know how he got the gun?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Considering it was in Florida, I think you get a free one if you sign up for a Publix Credit Card.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Considering it was in Florida, I think you get a free one if you sign up for a Publix Credit Card.
                      Chief Mike Williams with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Department just revealed that David Katz was armed with two firearms - a .45 caliber, a 9mm and extra ammo when he committed Sunday's shootings. He only used one of those firearms in the shooting though, and it was outfitted with an aftermarket laser sight. ATF agents said Katz legally purchased both weapons within the month of August in Baltimore from a licensed dealer.
                      So glad those background checks are working.

https://abc7chicago.com/david-katz-w...spect/4065537/

We deserve to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I wont name names but you know who is proud the kid was armed.
                        Voldemort?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Because we make laws and regulations to try and curb it. The gun fellators dont allow for that.

Keep trying though, every time you and Drew post your little straw men you look more and more ignorant.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 08-27-2018, 07:01 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            So glad those background checks are working.

https://abc7chicago.com/david-katz-w...spect/4065537/

We deserve to die.
                            This just gave Drew a stiffy. The kid had mental issues but still legally got a gun! He was a good guy with a gun, until he wasnt!

I am so glad though that centrists like him and Sicatoka though are ****ing all over it with their ridiculous car analogies.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

People are outraged. Drinking and driving used to be much more common. Penalties were increased, people made an effort to change the culture.

Apparently we can’t be outraged by more than one thing at a time. Go ahead and be an ***. You’re not impressing anyone but yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Blaming the tool is different than blaming an entire race, and you know that but like your guns too much to admit it.
                                When have I blamed an entire race? Never. And again, I don't own any guns. I have no need to own a gun. I am for gun rights, but also am for some changes to gun laws. Keep trolling, though. Give it a couple more years, you might be good at it.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X