Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Drew thinks they just don’t know how to balance their check book and that’s why someone else needs to manage their finances.
    Yeah, doctors always do mental health evaluations of people who can't balance a checkbook.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

There's this thing, this item, allowed by the Constitution. Some can handle the use of the item responsibly, with no ill effects to themselves or others. Others not so much, meaning they may end up killing themselves or others through horrible decisions involving (mis)use of this item. And an argument can be made that no one really needs this item; one can survive without it. An argument can be made that the item does more harm than good to society; other's disagree. And we could solve the problem by revoking an Amendment of the Constitution. But which Amendment: 2, or 21.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Department of Education claims that "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting," during the 2015-2016 school year.

NPR calls 'Horsesh**' on them, only could confirm ELEVEN school incidents.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Department of Education claims that "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting," during the 2015-2016 school year.

I could believe 240 incidents of a firearm (illegally) on school grounds.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Just think, we took guns to school every day during hunting season. Shot guns, single shot, pump, dbl barrel. Rifles, semi autos, bolt action. lever action.Brought a knife to school every day all school year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              There's this thing, this item, allowed by the Constitution. Some can handle the use of the item responsibly, with no ill effects to themselves or others. Others not so much, meaning they may end up killing themselves or others through horrible decisions involving (mis)use of this item. And an argument can be made that no one really needs this item; one can survive without it. An argument can be made that the item does more harm than good to society; other's disagree. And we could solve the problem by revoking an Amendment of the Constitution. But which Amendment: 2, or 21.
              Your stupid alcohol comparison aside, the Supreme Court could just actually enforce that whole "well-regulated" clause of the 2nd for once. But no let's elect our racist grandpa to be president so that he can put more nutbars on the supreme court.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-28-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Gotta love those false equivalences...
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  I could believe 240 incidents of a firearm (illegally) on school grounds.
                  While 240 incidences of a firearm on campus would indeed be believable...
                  In 161 cases, schools or districts attested that no incident took place or couldn't confirm one. In at least four cases, [NPR] found, something did happen, but it didn't meet the government's parameters for a shooting.
                  It sounds like only four reported instances were confirmed to be your un-fired weapon on school grounds.

Why would the Education Department make up such easily disproved lies? [Rhetorical, I know].
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

*sigh* whatever happened to just stating facts?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

OK, here's a fact: The Jacksonville dude, just like the Aurora dude, on dangerous psych drugs. https://www.infowars.com/revealed-ja...dependent-mom/

And it's not like this sort of thing is an isolated incident, either. I remember being not too happy at a point in college, and was actually suggested some of these drugs by a friend. I said no, preferring my own mind over zombie-like blocks. After seeing what's been happening, I'm glad I said no.

Comment

While 240 incidences of a firearm on campus would indeed be believable...
                        It sounds like only four reported instances were confirmed to be your un-fired weapon on school grounds.

Why would the Education Department make up such easily disproved lies? [Rhetorical, I know].
                        Did you ever think that there might be an agenda behind this? Notice how the Madden event got overshadowed quickly, while events like Parkland and Sandy Hook are still to this day in prominence?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Just think, we took guns to school every day during hunting season. Shot guns, single shot, pump, dbl barrel. Rifles, semi autos, bolt action. lever action.Brought a knife to school every day all school year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          And walked uphill both ways during a blizzard, with no shoes. While wearing an onion on your belt.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            *sigh* whatever happened to just stating facts?
                            "Never let the facts get in the way of the story."

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Your stupid alcohol comparison aside, the Supreme Court could just actually enforce that whole "well-regulated" clause of the 2nd for once. But no let's elect our racist grandpa to be president so that he can put more nutbars on the supreme court.
                              Americans are dying.

You may wish to dismiss it as "stupid" or "false equivalency" but I already made the case that booze is killing Americans at an alarming rate, just as this thread claims guns are, at rates like firearms. And booze has a lobby giving out as much graft as guns. (link previously given)

Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. As someone said, facts, and a source even. How many more Americans are dying a self-inflicted death each day from alcohol not involving a car.

The courts and legislatures are taking on drunk driving, it's stigmatized, the bars are being held to account, it's PSA'd, we're trying, yet, still, 29 per day. Is it time for an outright ban (see Amendment 18).

And given the dangers of smoking and second hand smoke, why not completely ban that also. That's killing Americans, directly and indirectly, something with questionable benefits to society, also. As a matter of fact, go back and read this not thinking guns, or booze, but cigarettes (obviously omitting Constitutional references).

After I get your guns, your booze, and your smokes, whatever shall I come for next.
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-29-2018, 07:39 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Americans are dying.

You may wish to dismiss it as "false equivalency" but I already made the case that booze is killing Americans at an alarming rate, just as this thread claims guns are. And booze has a lobby giving out as much graft as guns. (link previously given)

Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. As someone said, facts, and a source even.

The courts and legislatures are taking on drunk driving, we're trying, yet, still, 29 per day. Is it time for an outright ban.

And given the dangers of smoking and second hand smoke, why not completely ban that also. That's killing Americans, directly and indirectly, questionable benefits to society, also. As a matter of fact, go back and read this not thinking guns, or booze, but cigarettes (obviously stopping short of the last sentence).
                                And yet, business preference is given to the producers. Take a look at the relaxed farm brewing permit in NYS, when compared to a micro-brewery. Look at all the advertising seen pretty much everywhere. Compare this to the destruction of cigarette advertisements, and its availability, the product of which seems just as dangerous when you compare the facts. If both truly are vices, why the preference?

Comment

Working...
                                X