Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You don't think it's just possible that he's guilty?
    Have you ever read about any athlete or celebrity’s charitable foundation? 99 out of 100 of them are complete disasters that never have much charitable impact. I agree with Joe the AG is trying to get their name in the paper and fire up the voters.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You don't think it's just possible that he's guilty?
    Where is your little Asian “both”meme?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Have you ever read about any athlete or celebrity’s charitable foundation? 99 out of 100 of them are complete disasters that never have much charitable impact. I agree with Joe the AG is trying to get their name in the paper and fire up the voters.
    It's a fascinating theory given that the current attorney general isn't running in the upcoming election.

Yep, still here

Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    It's a fascinating theory given that the current attorney general isn't running in the upcoming weekend.
    But the key to modern conservatism is projection. It's exactly what they'd do if they could (and will do when given the opportunity) The last 18 months has shown this.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

IIRC, the Clinton Foundation scored high by charitable foundation rating organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    IIRC, the Clinton Foundation scored high by charitable foundation rating organizations.
    And actually received a $100,000 donation courtesy of...

... The Trump Foundation.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

It certainly brought in plenty of revenue.

I'm talking about the metrics they use to rate such things, such as the percentage of revenue absorbed by administration, the percentage that is used for the stated charitable purpose, etc.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    And actually received a $100,000 donation courtesy of...

... The Trump Foundation.
    Well there's $100K from the Trump Organization we know actually got spent on actual charity work then. Someone's head is going to roll for that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

I'm talking about the metrics they use to rate such things, such as the percentage of revenue absorbed by administration, the percentage that is used for the stated charitable purpose, etc.
    They weren't just a pass through foundation (like the Trump's) where money in went out, they did their own in-house charitable work too. I will easily admit that a straight up accounting of the numbers definitely doesn't look good for the foundation. I mean, they're not Wounded Warrior bad, but still...

What I wonder about the Trump "charity" is how they were able to give out more money than they took in. I thought the books had to be balanced? Unreported income to the charity?

Live Radio from 100.3

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Huh, I guess that's how they helped 9 million people get lower cost AIDs medication.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

wubba lubba dub dub

They weren't just a pass through foundation (like the Trump's) where money in went out, they did their own in-house charitable work too. I will easily admit that a straight up accounting of the numbers definitely doesn't look good for the foundation. I mean, they're not Wounded Warrior bad, but still...

What I wonder about the Trump "charity" is how they were able to give out more money than they took in. I thought the books had to be balanced? Unreported income to the charity?
    You can have balanced books with a negative cash flow.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Well there's $100K from the Trump Organization we know actually got spent on actual charity work then. Someone's head is going to roll for that.
    Yep. He didn't even get a painting, signed football helmet, or anything else in return for his donation!

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    You can have balanced books with a negative cash flow.
    Well, eventually it would need a source of financing to correct. Or just declare the charity dissolved and tell the creditors to take a hike.

*edit* It's been 13 years since I took accounting classes, and I haven't had to think about cash flow, accounting, ledgers, write-offs, etc. since then. So I totally defer to your knowledge.
    Last edited by aparch; 06-14-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

wubba lubba dub dub

Well, eventually it would need a source of financing to correct. Or just declare the charity dissolved and tell the creditors to take a hike.
    Yes, it's all about time periods when it comes to balance sheets, cash flows, and solvency. If he had brought in $10MM in 2005, spent $8MM that same year, but only brought in $6MM in 2006, while spending the same amount, they would be at $0, but have shown ($2MM) in cash flow for 2006.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Just a boring user.

So you'd rather the AG ignore the law breaking? Given that the lawsuit is public, by who is doing it, it's pretty impossible to stay out of the press. So if you don't want to see it, the only alternate choice is to not prosecute.

It's also funny that both of you so much buy into the distrust of government and media that dump wants you to think. Funny as in depressing. So much for the rule of law.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    So you'd rather the AG ignore the law breaking? Given that the lawsuit is public, by who is doing it, it's pretty impossible to stay out of the press. So if you don't want to see it, the only alternate choice is to not prosecute.

It's also funny that both of you so much buy into the distrust of government and media that dump wants you to think. Funny as in depressing. So much for the rule of law.
    If I lived in NY I wouldn’t be thrilled about my tax dollars being used to prosecute a case like this. From what I know this is a de minimis situation and there is no need for the AG to be involved.

If I lived in NY I wouldn’t be thrilled about my tax dollars being used to prosecute a case like this. From what I know this is a de minimis situation and there is no need for the AG to be involved.
    LOL. You guys are adorable.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Oh sweet merciful crap: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/fox...-sham-charity/

“The Clintons had a brilliant money-laundering scheme in the Clinton Foundation,” Kennedy said, without ever citing any evidence that the Clinton Foundation engaged in actual money laundering. “And it’s no surprise that any other politician would want to do the exact same thing, and concentrate money and power. But now, the cat’s out of the bag. Because no mis-doing was really pinned to the Clinton Foundation formally, are they now going after the Clinton Foundation?”

KDR

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Lock the ***** Up.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Thread Information