Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

I suspect the Pentagon shrugs, ignores and goes back to counting money since his idea would shatter the 1967 Outer Space Treaty and we don't even have a delivery system for men in space right now. Borrowing rides from his daddy to get to the ISS doesn't count.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      I suspect the Pentagon shrugs, ignores and goes back to counting money since his idea would shatter the 1967 Outer Space Treaty and we don't even have a delivery system for men in space right now. Borrowing rides from his daddy to get to the ISS doesn't count.
      Treaty? Trump doesn't care about treaties, agreements, or anything that's on paper.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Treaty? Trump doesn't care about treaties, agreements, or anything that's on paper.
        Dump respects treaties the way the Founders did -- with the indians.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          We have that. It's NASA. This is Dump wanting his stupid ****ing face on a statue outside of a military academy.

It's like saying the Skunkworks tech is going to trickle down to civilian aerospace tech. It might, but only 10 years after it's declassified. Which might take a decade or two itself.
          NASA has done nothing to advance human space flight since 1972.

As to the treaty - Pfft. If, IF we had a spacecraft to economically get to the asteroids and back, I'd keep the $$.

And if some numbnut gets ahold of a spacecraft and accelerates it fast enough towards Earth, who is going to shoot him down and with what?
          Last edited by joecct; 06-18-2018, 01:54 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Dump respects treaties the way the Founders did -- with the indians.
            Yep. They're toilet paper to him........at best.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              NASA has done nothing to advance human space flight since 1972.
              We criminally underfund them, and their hierarchy is more risk averse than the Ming dynasty.

American voters only care about space if it's a dick measuring contest, so make it one. The scientists are smart enough to put together projects with absolutely no military use but get them past the dumb generals and even dumber Members in authorization and approps.

We can fund an entire generation of space research on the backs of Dumpies and Neocons who think they're getting a Death Star, get to FTL, and leave them stranded on their dying, poisoned world. This is our chance to leave them behind.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                I suspect the Pentagon shrugs, ignores and goes back to planning Dear Leader's ego-gratification parade.
                Fixed that for you.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  And if some numbnut gets ahold of a spacecraft and accelerates it fast enough towards Earth, who is going to shoot him down and with what?
                  You realize how the atmosphere and re-entry angles work, right?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    You realize how the atmosphere and re-entry angles work, right?
                    yes. I'm waiting for something other than chemical propulsion.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      “BREAKING: President Trump has ordered the creation of a "Space Force" to be the nation's sixth military service branch.”

Sigh. Not the onion

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/39...te-space-force
                      And to augment the Navy, he would like friggin' sharks with friggin' lasers on their heads. Or he wants to employ his Alan Parsons Project on his moon base so he can threaten the world to his submission.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        bang, bang, boom, boom, gorilla boner money.
                        I LOLed.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ons/710803002/

All 49 Senate Democrats support the Keeping Families Together Act. So they're ready to do something.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

"We are going to have the Air Force and we are going to have the Space Force: separate but equal, it is going to be something so important," he said.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              "separate but equal, it is going to be something so important," he said.
                              His sheet is showing.
                              Cornell University

Comment

For the private sector's space activity, the primary effect of the policy is "more rapid and more accurate information on where they can launch," as well as "flexibility in launch windows," and satellites having "more time to put toward revenue-generating activities rather than maneuvering" to avoid collision risks, Pace said.

So what he's proposing with our Space Ghost Force is really just a massive corporate welfare department tucked into the defense budget.

Comment

Working...
                                X