Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Maple syrup, on everything
    Is that a Frank Zappa reference??

Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It's pretty simple. Destroy all the long-term strategic, economic, political and military alliances the US has with its allies around the world, especially those with the European Union. Thereby leaving the US isolated, and those other countries fragmented and weakened. Ultimate goal would be the dissolution of NATO.

Nothing Putin and the Russians would like better. And Trumpy is enabling that. But, he has no ties to Putin and Russia. None at all.

And a lot of you idjits voted for him to do it. Burn the whole thing down and all. Happy you got your wish?
    Ain't my wish. Don't associate me with the herpaderps. Thank you in advance.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

“Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland issued a measured statement after President Trump and his advisers attacked Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau: "Canada does not believe that ad hominem attacks are a particularly appropriate or useful way to conduct our relations with other countries."

Dump needs someone to explain what ad hominem means

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

But this is why Trumpy keeps doing it. It's the only negotiating tactic he knows.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...-be-a-predator

There is a personality type with a New York developer, one Donald learned from Fred when he carried his dad’s briefcase to acquisition meetings out in the boroughs and it goes like this:
    Donald contracts for a service or good, or the acquisition of a piece of land for $1 million.
    He then does not pay you
    You ask Donald for your million dollars
    Donald yells at you, basely, abusively, wholly out of character to the rich gentleman you broke bread with and made the deal with. He tells you that no, YOU owe him $200,000. Gives you no reason but screams how can you be such a son of a ***** to rip him off, how he’s going to sue you, expose you as a cheat, etc.
    You’re off your pins, defensive. How could this be the guy who was so nice when he picked up the check at Per Se?
    So, you compromise, because human nature avoids conflict, right? This is what he’s gaming you for because once you compromised, you’ve lost. You’ve inferred his premise that you have some complicity in the matter otherwise why would you compromise? You are on the defensive and will never get it back.
    You offer $750,000 as a settlement, angry but want it over and done with. He then sues you. Why, because you’ve already committed yourself to the loss. You volunteered to surrender your position and what will stop you from keeping going?
    I’ve seen many a New Yorker settle things like this with Trump people for 5-10 cents on the dollar and then happy, even eager to keep doing business with them. Why? Because he got in their heads with this aggressively counterintuitive behavior.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

rock and roller

It's pretty simple. Destroy all the long-term strategic, economic, political and military alliances the US has with its allies around the world, especially those with the European Union. Thereby leaving the US isolated, and those other countries fragmented and weakened. Ultimate goal would be the dissolution of NATO.

Nothing Putin and the Russians would like better. And Trumpy is enabling that. But, he has no ties to Putin and Russia. None at all.

And a lot of you idjits voted for him to do it. Burn the whole thing down and all. Happy you got your wish?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/10/o...c-trudeau.html

This video clip leaked from the West Wing earlier today...
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

This commentary from a year or so ago rang true then and it rings true even more so now. We've seen overwhelming evidence that trump does not know the first thing about international diplomacy or negotiation. He is a sad little 3rd grader that no one likes and he spends his every waking moment making life miserable for those responsible for watching over him. Again, he's not really the problem. The problem is there are people who know better --allegedly -- who could be an effective check on the damage he is doing and will do for the next 2+ years. Every fvcking elected republican from one corner of this country to the other better pray there is no Hell, because if there is they burn in it for eternity. Those running the U.S. Congress are committing the second most egregious act of collective treason in the history of this country. If I believed in capital punishment I'd rejoice for years if they were all lined up against a wall and shot. Hell, do it anyway. I'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    If body language and positioning mean anything, trump was getting absolutely schooled when this photo was taken.
    The best edit of that photo I've seen so far:

Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The best edit of that photo I've seen so far:

Merkel never has had kids. She wouldn't know.

Bolton, though, is missing his red pacifier

rock and roller

Remember before the election, when the right-wingers were telling us, "how bad can it be, the heads of Congress and the government agencies will keep him in line. So why not elect him?"

Yeah. Sure.

Staff tape papers back together after toddler rips them up?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...rs-after-trump

Remember before the election, when the right-wingers were telling us, "how bad can it be, the heads of Congress and the government agencies will keep him in line. So why not elect him?"
    Yeah. Sure.
    But we're the whiny libs who don't know anything.

Would be real nice to see country put ahead of party like it should be.

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Look at that transparency that Trump is "bringing back" to the oval office!

Where are our resident "conservatives" to explain why this is a good move? They've been awfully silent this weekend.

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The mistake Sam Bee made was calling the wrong person a feckless c-nt.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Yeah. Sure.
    I'm pretty disappointed in how its turned out. When he first announced his candidacy I wasn't a huge fan, but after it came down to him and Hilary he seemed like the lesser of two evils. He's fairly central ideologically and I was hoping he could bridge the gap between the two parties. He has been an absolute disaster as president though. Why he is trying to upset our allies is beyond me and some of the other garbage he is doing is beyond me.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    ...but after it came down to him and Hilary he seemed like the lesser of two evils.
    In what fu**ing world?!!? You dance with the Devil you know. Shoulda picked Hillary.

He has been an absolute disaster as president though. Why he is trying to upset our allies is beyond me and some of the other garbage he is doing is beyond me.
    Thank you for coming around.

Live Radio from 100.3

I'm pretty disappointed in how its turned out. When he first announced his candidacy I wasn't a huge fan, but after it came down to him and Hilary he seemed like the lesser of two evils. He's fairly central ideologically and I was hoping he could bridge the gap between the two parties. He has been an absolute disaster as president though. Why he is trying to upset our allies is beyond me and some of the other garbage he is doing is beyond me.
    You must have been on Ceti Alpha V during the campaign to think he was going to bridge any gaps or that he was even marginally fit.

Why he is trying to upset our allies is beyond me and some of the other garbage he is doing is beyond me.
    I don't see him doing anything on foreign policy that he didn't promise to do as a candidate.

On domestic policy I can understand you saying you were taken in. He lied. If you believed his lies... well, I'd say you were a fool -- he has never been anything but a liar --but OK.

But on foreign policy he is doing what he promised to do. Like Mein Kampf, his plan is there in black and white long before he takes power. So I do not understand how you can say you are surprised.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

rock and roller

Why he is trying to upset our allies is beyond me and some of the other garbage he is doing is beyond me.
    Didn't bother to read back through this thread did you?

I'll keep it short. Because he is under the control of Putin and the Russians, and doing exactly what they want him to do. In short, he is a traitor to this country, and should be treated as such.

Didn't bother to read back through this thread did you?

I'll keep it short. Because he is under the control of Putin and the Russians, and doing exactly what they want him to do. In short, he is a traitor to this country, and should be treated as such.
    That sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory to me. I wonder how long until Ryan and Mcconnell pull the plug on him? They can't be very happy about what is happening despite what they say publicly.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Thread Information