Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    That's because there *ISN'T* a law.
    They used the Air Bud defense.

"Ain't no rule says a dog can't play basketball."

There isn't a law that says they can't separate kids, so they did it. Because they're evil.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

There isn't a law that says they can't separate kids, so they did it. Because they're evil.
      Guess we should be thankful they aren’t shipped to gitmo and water boarded
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        But at least families were kept together in the Japanese internment camps.
        Good point. This is worse.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Ask the IG. I believe there is a mechanism for the public to request an inquiry.
          Any comment on how the IG report (despite all those bad agents you hate) showed that the investigation into Clinton was not affected by the so called "bias" and were consistent with how the FBI does business? You seem so caught up on the text messages and what these agents said but you seem to always skip over the fact that the report backs up the fact that nothing the FBI did hurt Trump or helped Clinton.
          Last edited by Handyman; 06-16-2018, 10:57 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

And two other reasons.

If illegals families know that once they cross the border, their children will be taken from them, maybe they'll change their minds about coming here.

And 2: If the Democrats are so appalled by the administration separating kids from their parents, if they'll approve funding for the border wall, immigration based on merit, and other measures, then The administration will stop doing it. "Give us what we want, or we''ll shoot the hostages".
            Last edited by rufus; 06-16-2018, 12:10 PM.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

NPR has some more information on the practice that the Trump Administration, spearheaded by Sessions, recently enacted.
              https://www.npr.org/2018/06/16/620451012/dhs-nearly-2-000-children-separated-from-adults-at-border-in-six-weeks?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180616
              The Department of Homeland Security says 1,995 minors were separated from their "alleged adult guardians" at the southern border in just over a monthlong period.

A DHS spokesman said the separations occurred between April 19 and the end of May under the administration's relatively new "zero tolerance" policy, in which parents have also been arrested.

The Trump administration's practice of separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border has brought attention to a little-known government agency. The Office of Refugee Resettlement is responsible for finding homes for unaccompanied migrant children, those who attempt to enter the country without their parents. Now the agency also has to shelter those the government has separated from their families.
              Greenberg says the separations make it more difficult for ORR to place the children "because their parents are being incarcerated or otherwise held."

Another new policy will make it even more difficult to reunite children with their families. The Trump administration is now fingerprinting family members wishing to take in the unaccompanied children, and it wants to share other information it has about the children's families with the Department of Homeland Security.

ORR did not respond to a request for an interview.
              Party of family values my a**! More like the party of white skin and blue eyes family values!
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That's because there *ISN'T* a law.

In the past, illegal border crossing families were held in detention, allowing the whole family unit to stay together. This allowed time to figure out "did you come illegally, or are you seeking asylum?" Illegal border crossings were typically handed like a traffic ticket or court summons.

Under Trump, Sessions, et. al., they are throwing everyone caught into the federal system as a felony, which means that children will get separated from their parents. Once separated, the kids under 18 now become "unaccompanied alien children," and are processed through a separate federal office tasked with finding a relative that can take them.
                But I was told by Sanders (oops I must have attacked her looks again) and Sessions it was a law and the Bible says we should follow the laws.

(of course they would say that slaves are acceptable in the Bible)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  NPR has some more information on the practice that the Trump Administration, spearheaded by Sessions, recently enacted.
                  https://www.npr.org/2018/06/16/620451012/dhs-nearly-2-000-children-separated-from-adults-at-border-in-six-weeks?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180616

Party of family values my a**! More like the party of white skin and blue eyes family values!
                  Have to start somewhere
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    And two other reasons.

If illegals families know that once they cross the border, their children will be taken from them, maybe they'll change their minds about coming here.

And 2: If the Democrats are so appalled by the administration separating kids from their parents, if they'll approve funding for the border wall, immigration based on merit, and other measures, then The administration will stop doing it. "Give us what we want, we''ll shoot the hostages".

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      But I was told by Sanders (oops I must have attacked her looks again) and Sessions it was a law and the Bible says we should follow the laws.

(of course they would say that slaves are acceptable in the Bible)
                      And that shellfish are the devil, and I cannot wear clothing of mixed threads, but alas....

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Good lord, so it isnt bad enough you throw kids in cages then force them to live with people other than their parents but now you are going to basically put everyone who takes in one of these kids (a situation you yourself are forcing) on double secret probation?

This is the type of crap every Dem should put in the forefront of any election the next few years. Make it a choice...either you believe in America or you believe in this crap. Paint every GOPer with this and when they try and say they dont support it you show how often they vote with Trump. If the people still vote against the Dems then it is on them.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"I want to kill him. I didn't mean that. I meant I want to murder him."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Also... Don Lemon doing the Lord's work:
                              https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/06/16/family-separation-mexico-border-panel-sot-ctn.cnn

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm teeing one up for Kep....

Where in NYC do you put the Trump Presidential Library?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X