Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You're the only one who understands anything. That must be a burden.
    I was hoping for real discussion on this topic. Every time I bring it up the only one that says anything is Rover and he plays "pretend". I won't bring it up again. Sorry.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Kennels for Kids. Nice.
      The Vietnam war ended because of the media coverage and the outrage over it. Hopefully we see more of that.

Comment

Here we go, Mittens hard at work to divide Democrats again, suggesting they'll nominate a Bernie-type candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I was hoping for real discussion on this topic. Every time I bring it up the only one that says anything is Rover and he plays "pretend". I won't bring it up again. Sorry.
          Scooby, when you're fundamentally wrong on the facts, people pointing it out aren't living in their own world.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            So Trump being so hard up to meet with Kim Jong-Un got me thinking...

What repercussions will the US have for recognizing North Korea as peaceful? Trump seems hellbent on signing a peace treaty without making North Korea jump through hoops.

Something doesn't seem right.
            Nothing good will come of this for the US.

First, we know that Trumpy knows nothing about NK's nuclear abilities, nor what we would desire from them in an agreement, nor what we're willing to give up. We also know straight from his mouth that he hasn't done any homework at all on it, and he won't listen to the people that actually do know their stuff on the matter

Second, you have to assume that Kim knows every detail of their program, knows exactly what he wants, and how to get it.

Finally, we know from Trumpy history that it doesn't matter what the deal is, as long as it gets done, and can be crowed about as a feather in his cap. No matter what the deal ends up being, it will be the best deal ever negotiated by the United States.

This idiot will give away the farm to Kim just to get a deal done, and will never even recognize just how badly he got played, and what the repercussions for the future will be.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Here we go, Mittens hard at work to divide Democrats again, suggesting they'll nominate a Bernie-type candidate.
              The only Republicans willing to speak truth to power are leaving office out of fear of being primaried. Mitt's running for office so he'll have his nose firmly up Trump's hindquarters
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Scooby, when you're fundamentally wrong on the facts, people pointing it out aren't living in their own world.
                http://fortune.com/2017/12/20/tax-bi...ate-obamacare/
                https://www.thenation.com/article/ob...roberts-do-it/
                https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...awful-break-it
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  You're the only one who understands anything. That must be a burden.
                  It's terrible
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Trump blames separating children from their families on a Democrat bill.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

What Democrat bill?

This morning, Trump took the argument away from Twitter and repeated it aloud to reporters. Asked about separating children from their parents, the president argued:

“Well, the Democrats – this is a Democrat bill. The Democrats can end that very quickly. All they have to do is sit down with us and negotiate a real bill allows us to keep criminals out of this country. It’s very easy.

“… I don’t like the children being separated from the parents. I don’t like it. I hate it. But that’s a Democrat bill that we’re enforcing. We can change it in one day. All they have to do is come and see us.”
                    The Associated Press noted in a fact check that the administration had previously criticized a 2008 law requiring children traveling alone at the border to be released in the "least restrictive setting" while their cases are processed. But the law does not proscribe removing children from parents and it was signed by President George W. Bush with unanimous support in Congress as part of an effort to combat human trafficking.
                    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...border-n878001

Comment

Read all three articles. What's your point? Aside from that you apparently peruse right wing web-sites.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Manafort indicted for attempting to obstruct investigation into Russian interference of the 2016 election.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Nothing good will come of this for the US.

First, we know that Trumpy knows nothing about NK's nuclear abilities, nor what we would desire from them in an agreement, nor what we're willing to give up. We also know straight from his mouth that he hasn't done any homework at all on it, and he won't listen to the people that actually do know their stuff on the matter

Second, you have to assume that Kim knows every detail of their program, knows exactly what he wants, and how to get it.

Finally, we know from Trumpy history that it doesn't matter what the deal is, as long as it gets done, and can be crowed about as a feather in his cap. No matter what the deal ends up being, it will be the best deal ever negotiated by the United States.

This idiot will give away the farm to Kim just to get a deal done, and will never even recognize just how badly he got played, and what the repercussions for the future will be.
                          IDK man, he says he’s been preparing his whole life for this

Comment

Women’s basketball doesn’t count as a sport right!?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ite/681812002/

Good on the Lynx. I like their style.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Then fine. Throw every pie in the sky piece of legislation at them, and let Trumpy veto it. Stricter fuel standards, infrastructure, environmental regs, minimum wage hikes, taxes on billionaires, etc.

At least that way the people can see where they stand, what they want to do, and who's stopping it from getting done. With this pay-go ****, they're stating that they're not even going to try. Just keep chipping around the edges, don't mess with the status quo. Inspiring. Lotta people gonna fall in love that way.
                              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              This. So much this. While we are in the minority, Mitch and Paul can kill those bills in committee or at least keep them off the docket, but whenever we have a chamber we should be passing these bills up the wazoo and forcing the GOP to get on the record. Sure, go ahead -- vote down school lunch expansion, vote down Medicaid and Medicare protections, vote down a tax on billionaires that pays for a tax cut on the Middle Class. You do you, GOP.

The Republicans weaponized fiscal policy in the 80s. We can play that game, too.
                              Instead the dems are proposing this -_-

The Hill reports that the top two Democrats in the House, minority leader Nancy Pelosi and minority whip Steny Hoyer, are already saying that they’d adopt a “pay as you go” rule, which vows not to pass legislation that increases the deficit without offsetting it in spending cuts or tax increases within a given “budget window.” The conservative Blue Dog caucus pressured Pelosi into adopting this rule during her reign as speaker from 2007 to 2010, and then Barack Obama into signing a version of it into law the year before most of them were swept out of Congress. (As Chris Hayes noted in 2009, pay-as-you-go very notably exempted funding the Iraq War. How convenient!)

How did Republicans get their $1.5 trillion tax cut past this legislation, you might ask? They passed a waiver. What did Republicans do when they passed the Bush era tax cuts? They waived it.

Because the Democratic leadership is perpetually campaigning for the endorsement of both Simpson and Bowles, they now want to bring this terrible rule back. A Pelosi spokesperson told the Hill that “Democrats are committed to pay as you go,” while Hoyer reportedly told the Hill last week that it’s “a good rule and we ought to reinstitute it.”

And should the Democrats pass a progressive priority such as Medicare for All or tuition-free college, it’s going to eventually run into Donald Trump’s pen. So, if anything, this feels like Pelosi and Hoyer firing off a warning shot to let their base know that they’re not going to push too hard too fast.
                              JFC

https://splinternews.com/democrats-v...ing-1826620867
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-08-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Oddly enough trix I share your concern of Dems playing by rules the GOP has long since abandoned. Reminds me of the idiotic "blue slip" rule for court appointments which the GOP ditched in a nanosecond once they had a Senate majority and a GOP Prez. Dems need more nutcutters and less people bound by traditions that the other side obliterated or will obliterate the first time it gets in their way.

Having said all that, Pelosi could just be paying lip service here to give Dems some cover running in swing districts or Chump won districts. She can say that all day as long as she doesn't constrain the party if/when they achieve a governing majority.

Comment

Working...
                                X