Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You don't think it's just possible that he's guilty?
    Have you ever read about any athlete or celebrity’s charitable foundation? 99 out of 100 of them are complete disasters that never have much charitable impact. I agree with Joe the AG is trying to get their name in the paper and fire up the voters.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      You don't think it's just possible that he's guilty?
      Where is your little Asian “both”meme?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Have you ever read about any athlete or celebrity’s charitable foundation? 99 out of 100 of them are complete disasters that never have much charitable impact. I agree with Joe the AG is trying to get their name in the paper and fire up the voters.
        It's a fascinating theory given that the current attorney general isn't running in the upcoming election.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          It's a fascinating theory given that the current attorney general isn't running in the upcoming weekend.
          But the key to modern conservatism is projection. It's exactly what they'd do if they could (and will do when given the opportunity) The last 18 months has shown this.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            IIRC, the Clinton Foundation scored high by charitable foundation rating organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              IIRC, the Clinton Foundation scored high by charitable foundation rating organizations.
              And actually received a $100,000 donation courtesy of...

... The Trump Foundation.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                It certainly brought in plenty of revenue.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'm talking about the metrics they use to rate such things, such as the percentage of revenue absorbed by administration, the percentage that is used for the stated charitable purpose, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    And actually received a $100,000 donation courtesy of...

... The Trump Foundation.
                    Well there's $100K from the Trump Organization we know actually got spent on actual charity work then. Someone's head is going to roll for that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I'm talking about the metrics they use to rate such things, such as the percentage of revenue absorbed by administration, the percentage that is used for the stated charitable purpose, etc.
                      They weren't just a pass through foundation (like the Trump's) where money in went out, they did their own in-house charitable work too. I will easily admit that a straight up accounting of the numbers definitely doesn't look good for the foundation. I mean, they're not Wounded Warrior bad, but still...

What I wonder about the Trump "charity" is how they were able to give out more money than they took in. I thought the books had to be balanced? Unreported income to the charity?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Huh, I guess that's how they helped 9 million people get lower cost AIDs medication.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

They weren't just a pass through foundation (like the Trump's) where money in went out, they did their own in-house charitable work too. I will easily admit that a straight up accounting of the numbers definitely doesn't look good for the foundation. I mean, they're not Wounded Warrior bad, but still...

What I wonder about the Trump "charity" is how they were able to give out more money than they took in. I thought the books had to be balanced? Unreported income to the charity?
                          You can have balanced books with a negative cash flow.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Well there's $100K from the Trump Organization we know actually got spent on actual charity work then. Someone's head is going to roll for that.
                            Yep. He didn't even get a painting, signed football helmet, or anything else in return for his donation!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              You can have balanced books with a negative cash flow.
                              Well, eventually it would need a source of financing to correct. Or just declare the charity dissolved and tell the creditors to take a hike.

*edit* It's been 13 years since I took accounting classes, and I haven't had to think about cash flow, accounting, ledgers, write-offs, etc. since then. So I totally defer to your knowledge.
                              Last edited by aparch; 06-14-2018, 12:10 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well, eventually it would need a source of financing to correct. Or just declare the charity dissolved and tell the creditors to take a hike.
                                Yes, it's all about time periods when it comes to balance sheets, cash flows, and solvency. If he had brought in $10MM in 2005, spent $8MM that same year, but only brought in $6MM in 2006, while spending the same amount, they would be at $0, but have shown ($2MM) in cash flow for 2006.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X