Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    I'm just saying, after Obama's meeting with them, Cuba had no nukes. After Trump's with Un, NK still has nukes. Study it out!!!!!

ah.....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      I honestly can't tell if that's real or not.
      Yeah, reads like The Onion, right?

Sadly, it's not The Onion.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

My comment is this puts into perspective how big of mistake leaving TPP was. It’s in our interest to have a strong alliance with the countries in Asia other than China and I think that this moves us in that direction.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          It’s in our interest to have a strong alliance with the countries in Asia other than China and I think that this moves us in that direction.
          That's, umm, one hell of a way to look at it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Depending on what we learn about what trump may have committed us to, I don't mind this as long as people recognize it for what it is: a cheap play. But it has probably already provided soft supporters with one more thing to confirm their bias. Even if this "understanding" is harmless in other respects, there is considerable harm in that.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              huh?

what did the US give here?
              First, we gave Kim the prestige on the international stage that he's always craved. Now he can rightly say that he's on par as a nation with the US and the other superpowers.

Second, now he knows that the only way he got this was because of his nukes. No way he gives them up now.

Third, we conceded to cease joint military operations with SK. Something Kim's wanted forever.

There's probably lots of other little things, NK security guarantees and such.

And the US gets bupkis. The "promise" of maybe talking in the future. We've got greater concessions written down on paper out of them in the past that they never followed through on, and yet, this time it's for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                My comment is this puts into perspective how big of mistake leaving TPP was. It’s in our interest to have a strong alliance with the countries in Asia other than China and I think that this moves us in that direction.
                So, we can pizz on the relations we already have with friendly countries in the region, like SK, Japan, and others, and cozying up to the brutal dictator is a better option?

You truly are the densest person on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Drew, Sic, Flag, Icehawk... Comments?
                  So just to clarify; the author of that opinion piece says Trump got hoodwinked because there was nothing specific in the signed document about how NK was going to get rid of all the nukes. But the only thing the U.S. promises in the same document is a generic "security guarantees."

Both leaders then talked about the additional steps that would be taken, including Trump talking about canceling military exercises near NK. That's just as non-binding as KJU talking about how they would "de-nuke."

Literally, the only thing that happened today was an agreement to continue talking and that's not a bad thing. If NK doesn't follow through, then why would Trump? It's asinine to say Trump got outfoxed and yet only compare what he pledged in a speech to what NK actually signed off. At least compare either two speeches or just the document itself, don't mix the two just to meet an agenda. This is usually a place where people don't blindly follow articles, especially an opinion piece, but in your excitement to claim Trump as a loser, you walked right into the clickbait headline.

Comment

Except now Kim has the upper hand, and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      First, we gave Kim the prestige on the international stage that he's always craved. Now he can rightly say that he's on par as a nation with the US and the other superpowers.

Second, now he knows that the only way he got this was because of his nukes. No way he gives them up now.

Third, we conceded to cease joint military operations with SK. Something Kim's wanted forever.

There's probably lots of other little things, NK security guarantees and such.

And the US gets bupkis. The "promise" of maybe talking in the future. We've got greater concessions written down on paper out of them in the past that they never followed through on, and yet, this time it's for real.
                      The US may get bupkis, but as you perfectly stated earlier Trump will get his hotel empire expanded.

Hey Drew, Sic, Flag, Icehawk, care to comment on how this is totally fine and dandy yet we needed to lock the b*tch up for rumored "pay to play?"

Don't forget, you made Jimmy Carter sell his fu**ing peanut farm!
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And the sad thing is, Trumpy will give Kim everything he wants, as long as Kim lets him build hotels and stuff in NK.

Comment

I think most or all of us can agree on a few things about these two:

* Both are ego maniacs.

* Both are well known liars.

* Neither has shown any past interest in anything or anyone other than their own image and self interest.

Bound to be some real statesmanship there.

Comment

“President Trump insisted that North Koreans “love” their dictator Kim Jong Un, telling ABC’s George Stephanopoulos “you see the fervor” of the country.”

Anyone else troubled by this??

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Except now Kim has the upper hand, and he knows it.
                              I'm truly missing how he has an upper-hand. Yes, he finally met with the leader of the free world, but I don't think anybody is going to give him a free pass if he tries to use that to show NK is a top country. He's still crazy and I think everyone is wondering what he will do next but it has always been a wait-and-see game with NK and that hasn't changed. What are his next steps? Don't denuclearize and everything stays the same with Trump even more ****ed and bigger sanctions. Or denuclearize and the start of what everyone should want.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                                So just to clarify; the author of that opinion piece says Trump got hoodwinked because there was nothing specific in the signed document about how NK was going to get rid of all the nukes. But the only thing the U.S. promises in the same document is a generic "security guarantees."

Both leaders then talked about the additional steps that would be taken, including Trump talking about canceling military exercises near NK. That's just as non-binding as KJU talking about how they would "de-nuke."

Literally, the only thing that happened today was an agreement to continue talking and that's not a bad thing. If NK doesn't follow through, then why would Trump? It's asinine to say Trump got outfoxed and yet only compare what he pledged in a speech to what NK actually signed off. At least compare either two speeches or just the document itself, don't mix the two just to meet an agenda. This is usually a place where people don't blindly follow articles, especially an opinion piece, but in your excitement to claim Trump as a loser, you walked right into the clickbait headline.
                                Honest question, what did NK actually "sign off" on?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X