Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    And, switching topics, just how bad do you think the stuff was that Cohen's legal team saw to drop him like a hot potato?
    Lawyers don't generally drop clients because the facts are bad. They get dropped because they won't pay, they won't follow the attorney's advice, or they're doing something that could threaten the attorney as well (saying they're going to perjure themselves, for instance). I'm going to guess this is one of the latter. In the Donald's case, it's all of the above.
    Last edited by unofan; 06-13-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Lawyers don't generally drop clients because the facts are bad. They get dropped because they either won't pay or they won't follow the attorney's advice. I'm going to guess this is the latter. In the Donald's case, it's both.

imagine if just being guilty couldn't get one a lawyer
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Lawyers don't generally drop clients because the facts are bad. They get dropped because they either won't pay or they won't follow the attorney's advice. I'm going to guess this is the latter. In the Donald's case, it's both.
        The article I read said Cohen can't pay his bills. Prolly wishing he hadn't paid for all those hookers' abortions out of pocket now.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Not to mention that Dumpy being awful has in no way lessened his chance of re-election. If Dump nuked Belgium this evening the GOP, their pundits, and their idiot base would immediately guffaw about those Walloons finally getting what was coming to them and how Dump looked so strong back lit by the mushroom clouds on Fox.
          But what about the Flemish?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            But what about the Flemish?
            Well...
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The article I read said Cohen can't pay his bills. Prolly wishing he hadn't paid for all those hookers' abortions out of pocket now.
              What about the million+ he grifted from AT&T, the Ukraine and the rest? What happened to that?

Comment

Well...

FLEMISH, not phlegm-ish.

People from Flanders.

Comment

What about the million+ he grifted from AT&T, the Ukraine and the rest? What happened to that?
                  Hookers and blow.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Hookers and blow.
                    So, Ivanka and Donald?

Comment

So I'll stick by my "learn your history" line.

And if you want to be a hardliner about it, you can take this away from it. NK will not abide by the terms of any agreement they make.

Your previous statements on this essentially amounted to "Clinton made this great deal and Bush blew it up."

So the history you hopefully learned is that Clinton made a deal that within months both sides were already abrogating. US was supposed to open diplomatic relations within 3 months and station a consul in NK for example, which they never did. And by their own admission the Clinton Administration didn't believe they were ever going to have to actually build the reactors they promised. They were counting on running the ol' regime change play. For it's part, NK violated the Non Proliferation treaty and the Joint Declaration on Day 1, which they were obligated to follow by the Framework. Right or wrong, by the time Bush "walked away" there was nothing to walk away from. It was essentially like you and I making a deal in which I give you a million dollars to vote a straight R ticket in the next election. Only I'm obviously not giving you a million dollars and you're obviously not voting for an R. What was there of substance left?

The only deal any government abides is one they view to be in their own best interests.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

FLEMISH, not phlegm-ish.

People from Flanders.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I'm really not on the "yeah Trump" team. I do LOVE the fact that he's wrankling the establishments' (politicians and media) feathers, it's commical reading and watching all the hyperventilating anti Trumps trying not pass out every 5 minutes, and yes I do like this KN thing. It could be really good. More than anything I am anti establishment at this point in my life. Ban lobbyists, ban political media ads, have term limits. Give the government back to the people.
                          Do you really think calling the Media Fake News is just a simple wrankling?

This guy goes so far to call the media the enemy of the American People. Just tweeted it this morning.

As opposed to the countries who have nuclear weapons pointing at us, such as North Korea.

The NK thing CAN be good, sure. But history pretty clearly tells everyone to come in with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Not what I heard.

From what I heard from Trump himself via twitter is that the nuclear threat is over.

Scooby, don't be one of those dicks asking about verification: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-insulting-and

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blasted a reporter on Wednesday after the journalist asked why the denuclearization of North Korea was not included in an agreement signed between the country's leader, Kim Jong Un, and President Trump.

“The president said it will be verified," the reporter said to Pompeo in South Korea, to which Pompeo responded, "Of course it will."

"Can you tell us a little bit more about what is, what is — what discussed about how," the reporter continued.

“Just so you know, you could ask me this, I find that question insulting and ridiculous and, frankly, ludicrous," Pompeo said. "I just have to be honest with you, it’s a game and one ought not to play games with serious matters like this."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Your previous statements on this essentially amounted to "Clinton made this great deal and Bush blew it up."

So the history you hopefully learned is that Clinton made a deal that within months both sides were already abrogating.
                              No. My point I was making in reference to the line"If either of the Clintons had done this, you'd be peeing in your pants" was that a Clinton had done far more than this, and we Dems treated it as just doing the job he was elected to do.

And "both sides" weren't abrogating it within months. Only one side. once Republicans got control of Congress again.

So I guess the larger point I could be making is, you want good foreign policy deals that America will stick to, and will stand the test of time, don't put Republicans in charge of making them.
                              Last edited by rufus; 06-13-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

And, switching topics, just how bad do you think the stuff was that Cohen's legal team saw to drop him like a hot potato?
                                It has to be real bad. Cohen is going away for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X