Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Many Ottawa fans have speculated they don't think he'll sign. Of course they all probably know as much as we do on the topic - nothing.
    Always funny listening/reading most NHL fans (especially Canadian) proclamations about NCAA players. Pretty sure 99% of them have never seen Brady play in person.
    Go BU!

Comment

Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      6th round. Your Pens.

yes, mookie asked after the pick
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Many Ottawa fans have speculated they don't think he'll sign. Of course they all probably know as much as we do on the topic - nothing.
        I think what is clear is that Tkachuk wants to do everything he can to make the NHL in the fall. It seems most people other than him think that is unlikely. I don't think there is really any "decision" in play here. The Senators will let him know if they think he can make the roster (likely after their development camp), and that will determine where he plays. Obviously if they think he is ready, he will sign and hopefully for him, make the roster. If they think he could use another year of development, then I think he comes back to BU. I don't think he wants to be in London or the AHL if he can avoid it. But that is just my guess.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

yes, mookie asked after the pick
          I hadn't seen his name on any lists. The perceived likely 4th pick for BU was to be DeBoer. Similar to when O'Connell was drafted (last year? to the year before?) in the late rounds, when nobody was really expecting it.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            I hadn't seen his name on any lists. The perceived likely 4th pick for BU was to be DeBoer. Similar to when O'Connell was drafted (last year? to the year before?) in the late rounds, when nobody was really expecting it.
            This was meant to respond to your other post about Tkachuk:
            I thought the same thing until I read Ken Campbell’s piece in The Hockey News (I don’t think it’s available on the web). He makes it seem like it’s a foregone conclusion that Tkachuk is going to the NHL. e.g. After mentioning the plan to have him assume a leadership role on Team USA next year, he writes, “That plan has almost certainly gone by the wayside since Tkachuk will likely be in the NHL next season.”

Comment

Incoming grad transfer Max Willman, a 2014 Sabres draft pick, is in BUffalo development camp, along with Hickey.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Three goals for Bobo in Thursday's scrimmages at Islanders' development camp, matching 3 by Wahlstrom. Cockerill also at Isles' camp.
                https://www.lighthousehockey.com/201...crimmage-recap
                http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/06/28...kie-scrimmage/

Question: is Bobo more effective at center or RW?

Comment

If you want next year's home schedule, it's input in your season ticket holder account in the calendar section. Nothing significant of note previously unknown other than a 5 pm game on MLK Day against Merrimack.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

glad to see Albie reach out and mention "friends of hockey". GQ treated that as a dirty word only cared for the cabinet
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Welcome to the party, Paul Pearl!

Comment

Following Sabres development camp, Buffalo signed Brandon Hickey to a two-year entry-level contract. Hickey was recently traded from Arizona to Buffalo.

Free agent Eric Gryba gets a 1-year, 2-way contract with the Devils, rejoining BU blueline partner Brian Strait who re-signed with NJ earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Following Sabres development camp, Buffalo signed Brandon Hickey to a two-year entry-level contract. Hickey was recently traded from Arizona to Buffalo.

Free agent Eric Gryba gets a 1-year, 2-way contract with the Devils, rejoining BU blueline partner Brian Strait who re-signed with NJ earlier.

Great news all around.

Comment

After a strong showing at Islanders Development Camp, Bobo will skate at his second NJ Devils development camp next week. His father played for and and was an assistant coach for the Devils, winning a Cup.

Comment

Beside the trio in Nashville development camp, Jeff Kealty ('95 NC team) was promoted to assistant GM, replacing Paul Fenton, now the Wild's GM.

Comment

Crone transferring to DU, will play in USHL next season.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X