Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Comment

CHN reporting, he gone.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

What a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          What a mistake.
          Yup.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Stupid move.
            I'll laugh if he ends up in London.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              What a mistake.
              I’m no expert but I have to agree. I don’t quite follow the logic on this one.. Even if he has a reasonable / good year I don’t see him turning around the franchise next year. How much fun can it be to play for one of the worst teams in the league? One would assume the Tkachuk family is not hurting for cash so I doubt it is a financial decision. Maybe its an ego thing. Who knows. I wish him well but it would have seemed to me he could have used another year or two of development here (and that also would have given the Senators a year or two to rebuild so he would not be walking into a dumpster fire of a situation).

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Stupid move.
                I'll laugh if he ends up in London.
                Really disappointing decision. Chose the wrong path for his career development. Also don't appreciate him stringing BU along throughout the process.

Kinda hope he doesn't make the Sens and gets sent to London and plays with younger, less mature competition. Maturity is what Brady needs most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  Really disappointing decision. Chose the wrong path for his career development. Also don't appreciate him stringing BU along throughout the process.

Kinda hope he doesn't make the Sens and gets sent to London and plays with younger, less mature competition. Maturity is what Brady needs most.
                  They are bad. They were bad and going to get worse. If Brady doesn't make them, there are issues.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Does he leave if Quinn stays?
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Does he leave if Quinn stays?
                      Unless you know about the personal relationships that existed it's hard to know. My guess would be that it didn't matter whether Quinn stayed or not in making the decision to sign.

Comment

https://***********/jeffmarek/status...50683441852416

Comment

If this is the true, then this really stinks. Beyond the fact that I have always felt that the rivalry is served best when BU and BC are both at their strongest, and losing Tkachuk certainly hurts BU, it hurts college hockey as a whole whenever a player jilts college hockey for major juniors. Nothing good about this.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Well I wish Brady the best in the future, but I don't see the logic.
                            - Rumor was that he was likely coming back unless he dominated at the WJSS. From what I saw, he was good, but by no means dominant.
                            - Brady's all around game is solid, but for a guy with 8 goals and some occasional maturity issues (hey, I get it, he's young!), I am struggling to see how his game is ready for the NHL. With all the guidance he is getting, does he really think he is ready?
                            - Or is he just bailing on the NCAA path and ready to play MJ in London. If so, why? What was missing from his experience? His family is wealthy, it's not like he wants to sign to help his mom buy a new house. He learned from another big man in Greenway, and would seemingly be in a position to take that mantle from him. The team won a HE title, and appears poised to compete for more hardware.

There are some clear "time to go pro" scenarios we've seen at BU - Grier, Eichel, Amonte, etc. And there are some that are less clear cut - Keller (though in retrospect, he was ready), Joe Sacco, Chris O'Sullivan). Then there are the ones that just don't feel like the timing is right (JFK). I put Tkachuk in the last category.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Well I wish Brady the best in the future, but I don't see the logic.
                              - Rumor was that he was likely coming back unless he dominated at the WJSS. From what I saw, he was good, but by no means dominant.
                              - Brady's all around game is solid, but for a guy with 8 goals and some occasional maturity issues (hey, I get it, he's young!), I am struggling to see how his game is ready for the NHL. With all the guidance he is getting, does he really think he is ready?
                              - Or is he just bailing on the NCAA path and ready to play MJ in London. If so, why? What was missing from his experience? His family is wealthy, it's not like he wants to sign to help his mom buy a new house. He learned from another big man in Greenway, and would seemingly be in a position to take that mantle from him. The team won a HE title, and appears poised to compete for more hardware.

There are some clear "time to go pro" scenarios we've seen at BU - Grier, Eichel, Amonte, etc. And there are some that are less clear cut - Keller (though in retrospect, he was ready), Joe Sacco, Chris O'Sullivan). Then there are the ones that just don't feel like the timing is right (JFK). I put Tkachuk in the last category.
                              But at least with JFK, the blame falls squarely on the Bruins. I believe they misled him. In this case … I get the feeling it is Brady saying I want to be in the NHL next season no matter what and I understand if the Senators don't feel like I'm good enough to make the team, I will have to play in the OHL.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                But at least with JFK, the blame falls squarely on the Bruins. I believe they misled him. In this case … I get the feeling it is Brady saying I want to be in the NHL next season no matter what and I understand if the Senators don't feel like I'm good enough to make the team, I will have to play in the OHL.
                                The Bruins misled JFK, but also shot themselves in the foot by allowing him to burn an ELC year, so that worked to his benefit. But he clearly wasn't NHL-ready last season. Neither is Brady, but maybe Ottawa thinks he is and wants to get some good press for their team at the start of the year.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X